Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
freshpoison77

The Chewy's Em

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
kit2_steven_258yishun_f.jpg

Nice 3D pictures.

I was told that it would give more flexibility if you do not install cabinets on top of the fridge. This is because you can change to a taller fridge in future. Something for you to think about it. Cheers! :)

kit3_steven_258yishun_f-1.jpg

Nice drawings... :D

Personal views huh.. :P Alot ppl leave the chute in the open now.. and opt for those flat stainless steel covers..

The cabinet above the chute.. lower to cover the windows as well (to be uniform and dun waste the space)?? :P

I also did not cover my chute, find it troublesome to open the cupboard door then open the chute and throw rubbish. I'm also afraid that xiao qiang will hide in that cupboard. :(

Mayb u can check with ur id abt the thickness of the cabinets above the chute. I also have the box up for the pipes like urs. Cant put anything inside cos already has the pipe in it. So if the thickness is not so big above the chute, might as well dun do. Save $.

Nice 3D pictures.

I was told that it would give more flexibility if you do not install cabinets on top of the fridge. This is because you can change to a taller fridge in future. Something for you to think about it. Cheers! :)

true...

will consider your suggestion...

Nice drawings... :D

Personal views huh.. :P Alot ppl leave the chute in the open now.. and opt for those flat stainless steel covers..

The cabinet above the chute.. lower to cover the windows as well (to be uniform and dun waste the space)?? :P

right, din notice this part... thks :)

Mayb u can check with ur id abt the thickness of the cabinets above the chute. I also have the box up for the pipes like urs. Cant put anything inside cos already has the pipe in it. So if the thickness is not so big above the chute, might as well dun do. Save $.

have to do the cabinets cos the overheard pipes are really ugly and huge, so no choice. :(

Hi,

Nice 3d pictures. We are purchasing an EM with the same layout only reversed (kitchen etc on the other side of the apartment).

Do you have an are you willing to put the layout design in your thread ?. It would also be great to see your reno quote, without individual prices if you would prefer. 85K+ just seems pretty high so it would be interesting to see what you are having done. I will be putting up the space planning and quote in my thread here in the next couple of days as well so you can also compare.

All the rooms in the 3d drawings look great but one thing did jump out. In the MBR bath, you have the window -> shower -> wall -> vanity. I see there is something in the wall but cannot tell what it is (mirror/glass). My only concern would be that there would be no natural sunlight able to get from the window to the vanity area. Have you thought about having the wall half wall and the top half glass ?.

The new kitchen layout looks very nice. We still have no idea of finish for the cabinets. We will be putting in a granite counter top though as we love the one we have currently, the price is more or less the same as for solid surface and any extra will be absorbed by our reno contractors and it added value to our current properties valuation report. I love your glass half wall and door. We are a bit concerned about keeping a glass wall clean as we do not have a maid and we do cook now and then.

Best of luck with the reno. Watching your t-blog with great interest.

RB

Hi,

Nice 3d pictures. We are purchasing an EM with the same layout only reversed (kitchen etc on the other side of the apartment).

Do you have an are you willing to put the layout design in your thread ?. It would also be great to see your reno quote, without individual prices if you would prefer. 85K+ just seems pretty high so it would be interesting to see what you are having done. I will be putting up the space planning and quote in my thread here in the next couple of days as well so you can also compare.

All the rooms in the 3d drawings look great but one thing did jump out. In the MBR bath, you have the window -> shower -> wall -> vanity. I see there is something in the wall but cannot tell what it is (mirror/glass). My only concern would be that there would be no natural sunlight able to get from the window to the vanity area. Have you thought about having the wall half wall and the top half glass ?.

The new kitchen layout looks very nice. We still have no idea of finish for the cabinets. We will be putting in a granite counter top though as we love the one we have currently, the price is more or less the same as for solid surface and any extra will be absorbed by our reno contractors and it added value to our current properties valuation report. I love your glass half wall and door. We are a bit concerned about keeping a glass wall clean as we do not have a maid and we do cook now and then.

Best of luck with the reno. Watching your t-blog with great interest.

RB

Hi,

Congrats on your purchase :D

MBR

The wall between the shower and the vanity has a niche built in for storage of toileries. Lighting will be alright as we have gone there to gauge. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

Layout design

What's that? Is it the coloured floorplan? My ID din give me that, he only prepared 3D drawings for me.

Quotation

I dun hav the soft copy but can give u an estimate idea of what my price includes. Will do up the list and post it later.

Hi,

Congrats on your purchase :D

Thanks

Layout design

What's that? Is it the coloured floorplan? My ID din give me that, he only prepared 3D drawings for me.

Yep, that is the one. It is usually a floor plan with the sofa, beds, dining table, wardrobe etc all drawn in to give an idea of where to place these items. It will usually come under the reno quote as space planning. If you have not got one and it is in your quote then maybe good to ask for it. The top down view can be a bit clearer than the 3d as you can see the whole picture and not just the perspective the camera is looking at. It should also be to scale so you could work out if a display cabinet would fit between the dining table and the wall without the dining chairs bumping in to it all the time for example. Just get the measurements of the display cabinet you are looking to buy, draw to scale and then you can cut out and try different placing on a print out of the space planning floor plan. Usually they are to the scale of 1mtr = 1cm so if you have a cabinet 1mtr by 0.5mtr you could cut out a shape 1cmX0.5cm.

Quotation

I dun hav the soft copy but can give u an estimate idea of what my price includes. Will do up the list and post it later.

That would be very interesting. I would imagine you have a lot of built in cabinets and designer features considering the quoted price.

I will try and do the same.

RB

I have the exact same floor plan configuration and am currently doing renovation. I see some commonalities between yours and mine, but I'm aiming to keep my final quote including electricals below 50k.

I have the exact same floor plan configuration and am currently doing renovation. I see some commonalities between yours and mine, but I'm aiming to keep my final quote including electricals below 50k.

50k? That's a steal... I wish mine was like that.

Care to share what u will b doing?

What will be done?

• Usual hacking and demolition of the entire place as renovations done by previous owner was 25yrs ago

Flooring

• Marble (living/dining/utility)

• Parquet (upstairs)

• Homo (kitchen/3 toilets)

• Slate (balcony) nt sure whether there’s wall tiles

Stairs

• Parquet (entire stairs)

• Glass with stainless steel bars for railings

• Partition to create a store below

Windows / Grills

• Entire house

Carpentry

• 3 rooms wardrobes (6 panels type so a bit bigger than usual)

• Altar

• TV console

• Vanity cabinet (2 toilets) with corresponding mirrors with hidden cabinets behind

• Boxing of pipings in 2 toilets

Doors / changing of frames

• Solid Veneer (main/3 bedrooms/utility/2 toilets)

• PVC (kitchen toilet)

• Fixed glass panel for 1/3 of balcony opening. 2/3 folding glass doors

• Glass opening for kitchen (1 fixed panel with glass door)

• main gate

Lbox / False ceiling

• 3 bedrooms (L-box)

• Living/dining/foyer ( combi of both)

Reconstruction

• Extension of MBR to the void so that the room becomes bigger

• Re-positioning of 1 bedroom door to make the room bigger

• Recess area at kitchen toilet to store washer and dryer (kitchen toilet becomes smaller but still enough for shower, inclu ventilation window above the door for the toilet)

• Purchasing recess area to create a small foyer at entrance

• Re-positioning of utility room door with ventilation windows above the door

Kitchen

• As seen in 3D pics. With black “Indian Galaxy” granite top and black glass backsplash

Electrical Quotation

• Rewiring

• Sockets

• Usual points (scv, ceiling fan, aircon, telephone)

• Switches etc

Painting

• Plastering (entire place)

Toilets

• Glass shower screen for 2 toilets

I think those are more or less the main items in my quotation

Current quotation stands at ard 85K. I've asked around, most of my friends say the quote is very reasonable considering the amount of work I'm doing. The only comment would be it might be cheaper if I were to source ard for sub-cons on my own.

If you agree, let me know. If anyone finds it expensive, pls keep to urselves... haha :D