Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
curryqueen

The Cave

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Went to the factory to see the grilles and gates. The gate was acceptable, but the grilles weren't.

CIMG0216DesktopResolution.jpg

If you look through the clingwrap, you would see that the grilles are like tic-tac-toe, with the horizontal bars cutting across the grilles equally.

However, what I wanted was a longer centre portion, with the 2 ends perhaps a foot long at each end only.

He offered me a $100 discount if I took these grilles. But I don't think I can live with it. I think he'd have to redo the grilles and throw the old ones away.

On a separate note, the tiling in my loo has completed.

I'm a little regretful that the feature wall turned out so"blah". Should have stuck with the shiny grey-black ones as feature.

CIMG0213DesktopResolution.jpg

Laundry sink stand in the common toilet completed.

CIMG0212DesktopResolution.jpg

This was how they embedded the aircon pipes that were going to the loo

CIMG0199DesktopResolution.jpg

The MBR wall loo tiles turned out pinker than I expected. So I would say my wall tiling choices weren't that ideal. I do like both the toilet floor tiles though..I think I should have stuck with matte tiles for the walls. But I wanted light to be reflected since it was so **** small! Ah well, after a couple of months, we won't notice it anyway...

Edited by curryqueen

I do NOT like pipes! The way the water pipes in the MBR toilet was run was just hideous. Got no heart to put up the photo ( and also because I can't find the usb cable to the hp.. :rolleyes:.)

Because I have a 15cm concrete ledge abt 70cm above the ground, the plumber ran the pipes just above the ledge, curving around the corner of the ledge before going up to the mixer. The pipes were totally "in-your-face."

My friends suggested i place a shower curtain to hide the pipes and also give the impression that the toilet has more space than there really is and to create more interest in a bland toilet, but I'm really not too keen.

I've asked the contractor to re-run the pipes up at the ceiling level where it is less obvious.. am also not sure if I should paint the stainless steel water pipes to blend it with the walls.

Has any one painted their s/s water pipes?

Anyway, things are progressing rather quickly, the running of the electrical wires were completed, painting will begin this coming Tues. Quite exciting as the paint colour will either make it or break it for me...

I need to settle all my lights by Tues and I still can't find a light that I like for the CBR. :( I think I will probably use Ikea's Kramare tracklight and just get it settled.

03854_PE075783_S4.jpg

I will be using 2 of Ikea's Kramare Triple Ceiling spotlights in the LVR with a ceiling fan in btw.

The thing I have been wondering whether I should spray paint the lights white or just leave it as aluminium..

19871_PE105167_S4.jpg

Edited by curryqueen

I do NOT like pipes! The way the water pipes in the MBR toilet was run was just hideous. Got no heart to put up the photo ( and also because I can't find the usb cable to the hp.. :rolleyes:.)

Because I have a 15cm concrete ledge abt 70cm above the ground, the plumber ran the pipes just above the ledge, curving around the corner of the ledge before going up to the mixer. The pipes were totally "in-your-face."

My friends suggested i place a shower curtain to hide the pipes and also give the impression that the toilet has more space than there really is and to create more interest in a bland toilet, but I'm really not too keen.

I've asked the contractor to re-run the pipes up at the ceiling level where it is less obvious.. am also not sure if I should paint the stainless steel water pipes to blend it with the walls.

Has any one painted their s/s water pipes?

Anyway, things are progressing rather quickly, the running of the electrical wires were completed, painting will begin this coming Tues. Quite exciting as the paint colour will either make it or break it for me...

I need to settle all my lights by Tues and I still can't find a light that I like for the CBR. :( I think I will probably use Ikea's Kramare tracklight and just get it settled.

I will be using 2 of Ikea's Kramare Triple Ceiling spotlights in the LVR with a ceiling fan in btw.

The thing I have been wondering whether I should spray paint the lights white or just leave it as aluminium..

re run pipes would leave holes in your new tiles... :(

yes, paint it would be better, get painter to paint all pipes to blend in.

For the lights, i feel that spot light is very hot, ESP the ikea spotlights...

For painting lights, not sure if spray paint would damage the light..? after the spray paint guys damage my ventiliation fan, im not so sure if we could spray paint electronics products without damaging it.

re run pipes would leave holes in your new tiles... :(

He's prepared to change the tiles for me, I've kept asking him if there's any additional charges and he said "no", so that's gd. :D

yes, paint it would be better, get painter to paint all pipes to blend in.

For the lights, i feel that spot light is very hot, ESP the ikea spotlights...

These spotlights are not using the halogen lights but normal bulbs, so won't be hot..

For painting lights, not sure if spray paint would damage the light..? after the spray paint guys damage my ventiliation fan, im not so sure if we could spray paint electronics products without damaging it.

Hmm... that's true... wah, if I don't paint it, I must change my LVR ceiling fan color. Somehow, 2 aluminum lights and 1 ceiling fan in antique brass doesn't realy go..

Gimz, check with you..somewhere in this forum, you mentioned an online place that can buy ladder and those household stuff. Can I have the link, please? Thanks!

hmm maybe can try to dismantle as much as u can before painting...?

oh the website is estore.com.sg

can either ask for delivery or go to their physical shop at geylang or yishun. :)

Thanks for the links! Very useful.

Went to Ikea yesterday and was horrified to find that the Ikea Kuramare spotlight was sold out in both Alexandra and Tampines and is discontinued!!

Die die had to get a light for the common bedrm as the electricians were coming today and decided to compromise on Calpsyo Light.. Let's hope it turns out alright.

Thanks for the links! Very useful.

Went to Ikea yesterday and was horrified to find that the Ikea Kuramare spotlight was sold out in both Alexandra and Tampines and is discontinued!!

Die die had to get a light for the common bedrm as the electricians were coming today and decided to compromise on Calpsyo Light.. Let's hope it turns out alright.

I'm also looking at Ikea lights now... How about the Ikea Beryl 4 bulb spotlight available in white or black? I'm thinking of getting it for one of my bedrooms to light the wardrobe

I'm also looking at Ikea lights now... How about the Ikea Beryl 4 bulb spotlight available in white or black? I'm thinking of getting it for one of my bedrooms to light the wardrobe

But that's in halogen, so it will be super duper hot. Halogen bulbs also burn out fast, so you may want to think a bit more about it.

These were my horrible water pipes at the MBR toilet before

Photo0004.jpg

Photo0005.jpg

These are how they look like now:

CIMG0218DesktopResolution.jpg

CIMG0219DesktopResolution.jpg

I do feel that it's so much better since the horizontal pipes are up near the ceiling. I am thinking of sticking some decals there of falling leaves or something.

The holes that were made earlier weren't obvious at all, so I told the tiler not to bother changing the affected tiles. In fact, I was hard put to find where the affected tiles were..

Kitchen cabinet was up too!

CIMG0221DesktopResolution.jpg

The sliding shelf for my steamer

CIMG0222DesktopResolution.jpg

Common toilet with the laundry sink, multipoint heater and showerhead

CIMG0224DesktopResolution.jpg

CIMG0223DesktopResolution.jpg

Photo0016.jpg

Am happy with my laundry sink.. Don't have to handwash clothes in pail anymore and kill my back!

Edited by curryqueen

Fanco aroma ceiling fan placed in the MBR. It's really low. I only need a small stool to reach the lighting kit, so it's easy to change the bulbs. I can't touch the fan blades standing on the floor, so quite ok..

CIMG0226DesktopResolution.jpg

The Ikea Karemare spotlights with Ikea CFL lights....it looks kinda obscene with the lightbulbs jutting out like that, so will probably change it..

CIMG0227DesktopResolution.jpg

They were hanging the bird cage lamps when I left.. I really did a lousy paint job on them and it looked quite bad. I will try and do so touch ups to it this weekend and hopefully, it will turn out better.