Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
digitalguy

Newbie - 1st Timer - 3rm Flat

hi,

very soon i will be getting the key of my 3 rm new flat. i am just confused how to start? do i need to look for id or contractor. my friend recommended a guy, but his company is not listed in hdb website. is it safe to engage him (i didnt get any quote yet). give me some pointers buddies.. also give me some reliable contractors/ids.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi,

very soon i will be getting the key of my 3 rm new flat. i am just confused how to start? do i need to look for id or contractor. my friend recommended a guy, but his company is not listed in hdb website. is it safe to engage him (i didnt get any quote yet). give me some pointers buddies.. also give me some reliable contractors/ids.

heya there.

I just got my keys about last month too. 3 room in serangoon.

I think when to start depends on how urgent you want the house to be done up and how extensive the renovation is to be as well.

Some things you might want to consider are:

1) they are listed in the RADAC

2) proximity to your house

3) have you seen their work before

4) their quotation (best is to get about 3 quotes)

yupz.

You want ID or contractor? The latter is cheaper but the design work you have to do yourself. Which i would recommend esp it is a small house and if the renovation is not extensive.

Go walk around and see see look look! Best deal reno is not the best reno. that ID must be reliable and also you must find him responsible. if he come late or excuses many many.. u know la.. ur simple 3rm reno will take months like building a castle..

CHEAP does not mean GOOD!

EXPENSIVE does not mean GOOD too.

:)