Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Reno145

Is It True That City Gas Recommend The Gas Hose For Your Cooker Hob Be Changed Once Every 5 Years?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Is it true that City Gas recommend the gas hose for your cooker hob be changed once every 5 years?

Have you changed yours?

never heard of that

Is it true that City Gas recommend the gas hose for your cooker hob be changed once every 5 years?

Have you changed yours?

No...if your hose is inside cabinet and not expose, u can last even 50 years...

No...if your hose is inside cabinet and not expose, u can last even 50 years...

but if you change cooker hob, the sales guy also always advise you to change (the money don't go to them)

but if you change cooker hob, the sales guy also always advise you to change (the money don't go to them)

Installing or changing of cooker hob is $50 charged by Citygas which include a new hose.So when changing new hob, it come with new hose.

Installing or changing of cooker hob is $50 charged by Citygas which include a new hose.So when changing new hob, it come with new hose.

so if u dun change the cooker hob, the hose can be used for as long as 10 yrs?

so if u dun change the cooker hob, the hose can be used for as long as 10 yrs?

of course it can, as long u don't go and abuse it.

does the rubber hose provided by citygas comes in just 1 standard length or I can request for a longer one?

I not sure what you are referring to but at my mum's place, we using the normal gas tank and a rubber hose connects to the cooker hob. We did not change it for the last 10 years until one day, when my mum ordered new gas, the fella informed my mum that the rubber has already gave way and is actually leaking. We do not smell it because it is inside the cabinet, which is closed, so no sparks no smell nothing at all. Physical inspection of the hose shows that it has deformed. So his advise is to replace it every 5 years to PLAY SAFE. Ultimately, choice is yours. Like in our case, no smell nothing touch wood nothing happened until we needed to replace the gas tank. If one fine day it decide to leak a lot overnight.......goodluck. I personally do not want to take such risk.

Edited by xtac