Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cheerful

Any Experience With Inspiration ID Aka Chng Poh Guan Renovation Construction?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I just met up with one of their project coordinators - Mr Lee. First impression is not bad and seems to know what I want. I was actually referred to this place by another contractor (IQ Design) who has too many projects on hand and can't cope with my request. Still awaiting for the quotation to arrive.

Not sure if anyone has any experience with Mr Lee?

I just met up with one of their project coordinators - Mr Lee. First impression is not bad and seems to know what I want. I was actually referred to this place by another contractor (IQ Design) who has too many projects on hand and can't cope with my request. Still awaiting for the quotation to arrive.

Not sure if anyone has any experience with Mr Lee?

Is it Mr. George Lee? (There are 2 Mr. Lees at InspirationID)

George is a nice guy, like Mr. Toh - he quotes are reasonable - and if you have problems he will resolve within 1-2 days. What I like about him is that he will wraps up things very nicely and will respond even after you make the final payment. He even does it myself if he can (and good at it). Even if he can do it, but he knows another guy can do it better (like touch up using silicone) he would call another of his staff to come.

He was supposed to be my project coordinator, but as he had many projects on hand elsewhere, I was assigned Gary. Gary has his strengths, but he is very busy with condo projects at another site. So, I suffered some delays and the final loose ends he couldn't supervise properly and I had to point it out to him and resolution can take sometimes one week for him to arrange his group of staff to come.

Finally, after the final payment was made, only George and Mr. Toh was more responsive. So, I think from a sales angle, Mr. Toh is a nice person to deal with, and certainly won't overcharge you. So, is George, but his strength is in the project coordination from start to finish.

Hi, Ken. There were shuffling of some of the original package (which in my opinion one of the best around, especially given the worksmanship of the crew who worked on my place) where I deducted some items coz I mentioned I wanted some other types of air-con for example. I also did not do the flooring as I chose the premium package with the timber doors and all flooring included.

I haven't uploaded all the photos to my blog yet, so there are some items you have not seen.

That said, the cost of the customized furniture (kitchen cabinets 30+ feet), other carpentry stuff, and some special design changes I wanted, Aluminium grilles, labour, painting, etc, is just over S$20K. Its pretty good, considering I know some folks around my block got "conned" by other contractors or ID firms into similar or worse quality and they paid around S$30+K for it.

PM me your quotation if you have, I'd try to advice.

Hi, can you PM me your contractor's contact?

CHNG POH GUAN aka inspiration id at yishun is it?

Hi, InspirationID == Chng Poh Guan. Not 100% sure if the office is in Yishun, but yeah has impression about it in the Yishun area.

They're pretty good, but depends on your needs and the project coordinator. PM me for private advice to be fair to the parties I'm being supportive or critical about.

guess not much people using this firm also.. mostly is ur reply. hehe

Not really... I do get a lot of PMs. Most people not so free or crazy like me to type long posts.

I know the new project in Punggol and Sengkang, Mr. Toh is taking in customers and distributing the projects until "leg soft" (Ka Neng). Ha Ha Ha...

Not really... I do get a lot of PMs. Most people not so free or crazy like me to type long posts.

I know the new project in Punggol and Sengkang, Mr. Toh is taking in customers and distributing the projects until "leg soft" (Ka Neng). Ha Ha Ha...

how much does ur reno works costs? or can share with me in private?

Hi angkt, any idea why they hv 2 company names? InspirationID & Chng Poh Guan Renovation? and do you ask for goodwill discount in the end or its not the norm with them?

Hi, Winson and all. Sorry for the late posting - work has been crazy...

Firstly, yes according to one of their namecards, InspirationID is a subsidiary of Chng Poh Guan Renovation is registered under HDB. They also have a RADAC logo displayed.

Ok, so far the renovation has been smooth and surprising fast. It started with meeting up with my actual project co-ordinator, who ran through an intense 3-4 hours of measurements and finalising the details with me. God, this guy is meticulous and systematic. We ran through point by point in the package and on my original quotation and add-on items. Be it measurements, design considerations, or changes in plans (unfortunately due to slight differences on the HDB floor plan versus when we went to survey the actual flat, and horizontal beams - unpleasant surprise! not mentioned in the floorplan), we checked off items one by one. As he took all the measurements, and marked them on the floor using masking tape and drawing or writing on it where necessary to indicate the distance, spacings and where the laminates or tiles were going to be.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95261264@N00/4904445175/

Anyway, I later found out that he has quite a number of condo projects under him, so he is the type that wants to ensure each session is productive and we finish as much as possible because it may be hard to reschedule the next day. Good and bad, depending on your style and if you know enough to make the decision on the spot. (Addendum: Start was okay, execution was okay, but the final touches in the end was not so responsive and not that good. He was too busy. Luckily, Mr. Toh and Mr. George Lee took good care of me even after I made the final payment already and just about to move in).

After that, we scheduled another visit where he showed me the 2D drawings of cabinets and designs which I told him I couldn't visualize. So, we (again systematically) went through item by item, design by design and finalised the design - at same session, the electrician came by later, and he also ran through where and what to do - shift a socket, or add another one, where to run the lights in the false ceiling. I would say so far the people I met at InspirationID's renovation team are very professional and experienced.

The next day, the electrical works started. Here's some pictures....that I took on the second day - they've finished! - that was quick. 2 days after that, they started on the cabinet base cement base, and the cement sink support...

I thought I hit a speed bump this time because when I stopped to checked and inspect the work, his workers actually misread his measurements. Yes, they constructed the refrigerator base 2 inches nearer to the entrance, and also constructed the cement support base at a place where we decided (and marked clearly) there is no support base because we will put a table under it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95261264@N00/4904445189/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95261264@N00/4904445183/

Anyway, people make mistakes and to me good professional service if they correct it. My project coordinator said he would tell his guys on Monday (we met on Sunday to survey the place) and true enough, on Tues, they've corrected it... The fridge base is moved 2 inches to the right place, and they hacked away the area that they accidentally added the base. I'm impressed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95261264@N00/4904989222/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95261264@N00/4905048192/

Other work done...end of Week 1 & half of Week 2.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95261264@N00/4904989228/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95261264@N00/4904989214/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95261264@N00/4904989202/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95261264@N00/4904989230/

Ok, that's all the details I can manage for now... Will edit and add-on later...

Edited by sng28

Hi angkt, any idea why they hv 2 company names? InspirationID & Chng Poh Guan Renovation? and do you ask for goodwill discount in the end or its not the norm with them?

Hi, the company is established in the renovation industry. I remember the boss said that they used another name InspirationID when his children suggested something more up-todate because their quality work was not recognised by the young generation who are seduced by jazzy new ID firms which some were fly-by-night and not established.

Hi did you select Mr Toh in the end? I'm meeting him this weekend for my quote.

Hi all, as per the title. Whats the feedback? I got a quote from them and the price seems reasonable but need to know the quality and service standard.

Just to add that my renovation was done by this company, coordinator was Mr Toh. He is fast and efficient :)

Happy with the result. He handled my requests very efficiently. Any problems were recified quickly too! However, pls take note that he is a contractor (old generation type) and HE may not have much modern ideas/suggestions. Go to him if u have something in mind.

Along the way, I was disturbed that he showed me the wrong drawings for the kitchen carpentary BUT luckily things turned out right! In fact, Mr Toh didn’t even give me a specific date for handover when we signed the contract, his exact words were “很快就好!” So I just trusted him and I’m glad I did!

I am NOT earning commission for this BUT I certainly reccommend Mr Toh