Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ene1010.tan

Colour Of Cove Light And Downlight

Hi,

I have a questions to ask regarding the colour of light to use for COVE and Downlights?

My ID recommend COVE to be WARM light and Downlight to be WHITE.

I remember seeing on magazine the other way round..

Is that the same as what everyone is doing?

Would be great if you can share yours.. thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I have a questions to ask regarding the colour of light to use for COVE and Downlights?

My ID recommend COVE to be WARM light and Downlight to be WHITE.

I remember seeing on magazine the other way round..

Is that the same as what everyone is doing?

Would be great if you can share yours.. thanks

yep.. thats wat my ID recommend.. warm light for cove light and cool white for downlite..

we don really like warm white. So we used daylight for cove and cool white for downs. This is so the downs won't turn out too glaring

my id quoted for supply and install of lighting points and labour to install lights. does that mean that i have to source for my own light fittings? what is the usual practice? if i am to sourch for my own light fittings, where should i go to? is it standard size? TIA!

my id quoted for supply and install of lighting points and labour to install lights. does that mean that i have to source for my own light fittings? what is the usual practice? if i am to sourch for my own light fittings, where should i go to? is it standard size? TIA!

supply and install of lighting points. doesnt that mean that they will supply the lights?

Somehow, ID will recommend warm for cove and white for downlight.... contrast.

But the main thing is YOUR own preference.... do a motion study, which lights would be switch on more? ... while watching TV? .....while hookey with your partner? ... while reading a book? etc

For my case, wifey loves warm light, but my stupid ID insist on her recommendation.

Once everything were installed during reno, and switched on.......... I can see wifey's face changed.... seeing the different light at the shop is so different from the actual effect in the living and dining.

For a happy family, I know those bulbs need to be changed to all warm, so I removed all the white bulbs (luckily I collected all the bulb boxes once my wife voiced/showed her displeasure) and went back to the shop to change all to warm (it's located just outside my condo along Balestier - walking distance). This is another reason why one should select a light shop close to home.... else, have to travel just to change 1 bulb. In all, I made 6 trips to the shop to change whatever that needs to be change to make my wife happy.

supply and install of lighting points. doesnt that mean that they will supply the lights?

clarified already. meant supply and install the points only; we have to get our own light fittings. how much should i budget per downlight? was told abt $20 per light....

clarified already. meant supply and install the points only; we have to get our own light fittings. how much should i budget per downlight? was told abt $20 per light....

Hi Jeda..

mine downlight cost me about SGD19.90 each.. mine is 18wx2 type (normal type).. other shops i went to look out for cost about SGD23-SGD26.00

bought mine from EUROStars at balestier.. you can try to look for Paul when u went there to survey for the lightings..

Hi Jeda..

mine downlight cost me about SGD19.90 each.. mine is 18wx2 type (normal type).. other shops i went to look out for cost about SGD23-SGD26.00

bought mine from EUROStars at balestier.. you can try to look for Paul when u went there to survey for the lightings..

thanks!!! :D

mine are 27 each. mine is those type with a tilting base to facilitate removal of the bulbs. supposedly more expensive.. then maybe i got conned. :P

Hi Jeda,

For the 2x18W you bought at $19.90, can I know what brand of light bulb and ballast did they give you?

Are they in square shape or round?

I am looking out to buy the downlight for my place too.

Tks

What is the respective kelvin for warm white and cool white?

For example 4,000K is warm or cool white? So confusing.

Edited by kichialo

What is the respective kelvin for warm white and cool white?

For example 4,000K is warm or cool white? So confusing.

warm white 2800k

cool white 4100k

warm white 2800k

cool white 4100k

Cool or warm..... from white... white-orangie.. to orangie - very much depends on personal preference.

My ID recommend warm for the cove... and as a constast... cool for the downlights.... but when it's all up and running... and wifey took a look... straightaway I knew she didn't like what she saw.... have to took out all the double tubes for the living and masterbed room's downlights and change them all to warm too.... luckily I kept all the boxes (I know my wife well).

Sometimes, it is very difficult to visualise what the ID recommends.. it may be good on paper... but taken as a whole, might not... so, constant visitation to the reno site is a MUST... any dislike/variation from the plans to be notified IMMEDIATELY to the ID/contractor