Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

Mr Chew did try to promote his purple dim out to one of my bedroom who has silver and purple theme, but I chose a dark silver curtain with dots in circular pattern. We wanted to put a purple day curtain with a tint of silver in that bed room but decide to save money and veto using day curtains.. My MBR we went for vertical black and white and see through lines instead. The day curtains cost more than the dimout.. Mutter. But The effect is good.

Oh yeah, if possible, ask mr Chew to give dark pillows.. My whitish silver pillows got dirty easily, :(

wah, got free pillows ah? I did not ask, now too late liao ..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wah, got free pillows ah? I did not ask, now too late liao ..

No lah.. he usually gives x number depending on the total cost of the house curtains. If below certian price dun have of course.

Final Payment??

Now that we are at the last week of reno, can I ask a stupid question? Is the last payment to be paid on HO day? Then after that, if got anything else to rectify, or got something else to install (which requires drilling etc) - how?

Or is last payment to be held till, say, after a week or so to "test out" the house?

What happens on or before HO day? Does the contractor kind of walk you through the house to check everything ok? Or what?

i dun really advise to give final payment on HO day as you would not have bargaining power should you spotted any issue. there is no standard procedure for HO, contractor only hand back your keys to you (if any) and take back his lock. other than tat, wat you need to do is to do defect inspection and get him to recitify till your satisfaction.

Haha.. Thanks thanks! But my tummy getting bigger so cannot add too much oil. Lol..

21 sep ah? But my so call HO is at nite, tat's y I say mayb difficult to fulfill. Lol..

All deliveries on e same day?! Wa! Champion! :bow:

Jia you jia you!!!!

Can arrange, for my place i arranged the washer, study chair, gals' bedframe, 3 mattresses, sofa and dining chairs all to be delivered on the same day. We called them a week to 2 weeks earlier to fix the delivery date then used half the day waiting.

Mr Chew did try to promote his purple dim out to one of my bedroom who has silver and purple theme, but I chose a dark silver curtain with dots in circular pattern. We wanted to put a purple day curtain with a tint of silver in that bed room but decide to save money and veto using day curtains.. My MBR we went for vertical black and white and see through lines instead. The day curtains cost more than the dimout.. Mutter. But The effect is good.

Oh yeah, if possible, ask mr Chew to give dark pillows.. My whitish silver pillows got dirty easily, :(

Ah in that case. 2 wows only then :P

Final Payment??

Now that we are at the last week of reno, can I ask a stupid question? Is the last payment to be paid on HO day? Then after that, if got anything else to rectify, or got something else to install (which requires drilling etc) - how?

Or is last payment to be held till, say, after a week or so to "test out" the house?

What happens on or before HO day? Does the contractor kind of walk you through the house to check everything ok? Or what?

For my case, we still hold the last certain %, i think is 10% or 5%. Husband said just in case they take their own sweet time to do rectification.

My id didnt walk us thru, but we did on our own before id arrives.. Even took the contract out to see if everything is done. Then when id came, my husband walked her thru the things with problems. This was done on the HO day.

Final Payment??

For my case I do all my inspections beforehand and get my contractor to rectify them before requesting for HO.

Don't think a contractor is willing to HO without complete payment.

Also it depends on how trustworthy your contractor is ba. I did spot something after the HO and my contractor got his carpentor to come over to rectify.

Edited by flamedav

just to add also. Our current chair has legs on the 4 corners, but we are thinking of getting somethiing with legs in the centre. In this way, more people can sit round the table, even at the corners without the table legs blocking. But downside is, cannot stretch leg bc will kick the centre support ... hai, why can't they design something that can solve both sets of probs ... like suspended table?? :rolleyes:

suspended table also scared that it cant take the weight. Hw abt extendable table? saw a few at ikea but not sure of the price. My chair looks nice but its quite easy to stain cos the surface is not smooth type. But i still like the design of it.

My id only collected the bulk payment when we shifted in for abt 3 weeks, and still got somethings not done (becos of the 7th mth, cant do wk) so final payment still with us. I would say that she was very nice, rushed the job for us.

No lah.. he usually gives x number depending on the total cost of the house curtains. If below certian price dun have of course.

zelly, my one only gives the cushion covers if there are leftovers from the clothes...

Hello everyone

thanks so much for your replies.

so I reckon there is no fixed rule on when the final is to be made - on HO day or after - all depends on ID/contractor and on nego skills right?

Personally, though my contractor is quite trustworthy, I would still prefer to hold a certain % of payment till all done. After all, the contract states last payment upon completion of work. So if HO but still got things to rectify, still considered not complete right?

But how much longer can we hold? I mean, on a fair note, things sure to pop up here and there. Also don't want to be too guo fen, later he think we try to default payment.

Hi Froggy,

U havent buy the TV yet right?

Please PM Marshmallow quick quick!!

ooo .. yesterday buy liao .. now only short of sound system which have to kiv for now .. thanks

My id only collected the bulk payment when we shifted in for abt 3 weeks, and still got somethings not done (becos of the 7th mth, cant do wk) so final payment still with us. I would say that she was very nice, rushed the job for us.

for us, bulk payment is made when carpentry work going on. Actually he did not ask for it, but we just thought sooner or later must give, just give to make him happy and do fast fast for us lor ...

so how long you plan to make final %? you already moved in quite a while right?

sounds good .. let's see what surprises he brings end of the month! :D