Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
preciousmoments

Miele Or Dyson Vacuum Cleaner?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I second Miele! My mum gave me a hand-me down from sydney and it has lasted me till now! From 1989 till present is like 20 odd yrs! wow! But its getting noisier,.. And can you believe it, I can still get dustbags from miele for such an old vacuum! great! By the way i wonder how it is pronounced, Mee- leh or "meale"

I have a Dyson DC05 which I bought while I was in the UK. This was in 2000 I believe. I moved back to Singapore in 2004 and brought it back with me. It's now 2010 and it's still working very very well. The model is no longer available but the parts are still readily available. But I never had to replace ANY parts nor did i have to have it repaired (touch wood). I have a part time cleaner who I call the Hurricane because she is like a Force of Nature and has a propensity to destroy things... slow cooker, electrical things... I was expecting that she'd kill my trusty Dyson but it has survived (TOUCHWOOD!) even her...

I know I can only speak from my own personal experience but I am a Dyson convert after the DC05. I have a long haired ragdoll cat that sheds fur, and the dyson sucks it right out of carpets with ease. I'm amazed at the amount of dust that accumulates at my flat and have to routinely empty the vac but it's easy to clean the parts (wash them) and then it's ready to go again.

I know, if my good ol' DC05 which has lasted this long with me, all these years (and miles), were to finally push up the daisies, then I know I WILL get another Dyson to replace it.

Downside of it? It has no variable suction, so it sucks up EVERYTHING in its path... including rings, earrings... which I then had to get out of the vac and apologise profusely to the Mrs...!

Oh, and I recently purchased a portable Dyson handheld vac too :) But note that this does not come with a Hepa filter, so dust will not be completely trapped. Oh, and the DC05 Hepa sponge is still fully functional after all these years :)

After much reading of reviews and testing, I went with Dyson!

Its only been coming to 3 years but my Dyson still cleans with the power it did on the first day.

There was even once when I did not empty the bag for almost 6 months and it did not affect the sucking power.

FYI, we vacuum around twice a week in a 5 room HDB.

Even if this eventually spoils ... I am sure I will stick with Dyson.

Dyson ... it really SUCKS!!!