Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

Anybody know the price of the following Klipsch speakers?

1) RF-42 II Floorstanding Speaker per pair

2) RC-42 II Center Channel Speaker per piece

3) SW-110 Powered Subwoofer per piece

4) RS-42 II Surround Speaker per pair

I intend to match it with Onkyo SR608 as a package. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Omegared,

Me and the mrs has decided to get our first decent HT, main use will be for Movie and concert video. (Family Use)

ONKYO - Exclude Blue Ray Player

HTS3300B BLACK

5.1CH HOME THEATRE SYSTEM BLACK 4SA

S$959.00

Pioneer PHS-100i - Include Blue ray Player

* VSX-920-K

* S-HS100

* BDP-330

S$1400.00

Appreciate some comments and advice.

PS - We have to decide asap as our contractor need to seal up the false ceiling.

Hi Guys,

Just want to seek some advice.

Have auditioned the Denon AVR1611 and Onkyo TX-SR508, both paired with Def Tech Pro 600.

As I'm not an expert in this area, both sounds pretty good to me. (quoted $18xx for either option)

In the end, I have chosen Onkyo over Denon for $50 lesser. (ps. Denon comes with free Ipod dock worth $1xx)

Over last weekend, passed by Courts and saw them selling the same Onkyo SR508 bundled with Onkyo speakers

at about $500 hundred dollars cheaper. No audition made and can't really recall the exact model of the HTS bundle.

Pardon me for the newbie questions. Is Def Tech Pro 600 worth $500 more assuming the SR508 is priced the same ?

Would the Denon AVR1611 be a better choice over Onkyo SR508 ?

Any comment is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Dale007

Hi Omegared,

Me and the mrs has decided to get our first decent HT, main use will be for Movie and concert video. (Family Use)

ONKYO - Exclude Blue Ray Player

HTS3300B BLACK

5.1CH HOME THEATRE SYSTEM BLACK 4SA

S$959.00

Pioneer PHS-100i - Include Blue ray Player

* VSX-920-K

* S-HS100

* BDP-330

S$1400.00

Appreciate some comments and advice.

PS - We have to decide asap as our contractor need to seal up the false ceiling.

Hi,

I suggest you should buy the cable for the rear speakers first before they seal up the false ceiling. Then you can take your time to decide your HT system.

You can get it from LHS, simlin tower. Look for belden cables.

http://www.kellysearchasia.com/sg-company-365163098.html (copied from bro Omegared post ^_^)

Hi,

I suggest you should buy the cable for the rear speakers first before they seal up the false ceiling. Then you can take your time to decide your HT system.

http://www.kellysearchasia.com/sg-company-365163098.html (copied from bro Omegared post ^_^)

Agree. Get some beldens or canare cables for the surround first. Don't rush for it. I can't comment on the speakers you mentioned as I have no experience with them. Where will be the speakers setup, dimension? I would think denon is pretty balance for movie and music.

Edited by omegared

Hi Guys,

Just want to seek some advice.

Have auditioned the Denon AVR1611 and Onkyo TX-SR508, both paired with Def Tech Pro 600.

As I'm not an expert in this area, both sounds pretty good to me. (quoted $18xx for either option)

In the end, I have chosen Onkyo over Denon for $50 lesser. (ps. Denon comes with free Ipod dock worth $1xx)

Over last weekend, passed by Courts and saw them selling the same Onkyo SR508 bundled with Onkyo speakers

at about $500 hundred dollars cheaper. No audition made and can't really recall the exact model of the HTS bundle.

Pardon me for the newbie questions. Is Def Tech Pro 600 worth $500 more assuming the SR508 is priced the same ?

Would the Denon AVR1611 be a better choice over Onkyo SR508 ?

Any comment is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Well Dale. you got to audition the onkyo speakers to determine if it is better than DT 600. You have already bought right? Trust your ears. Enjoy what you have now. :D

Living room size is something like this

Height : 10ft (Floor to False Ceiling)

Width : 14ft (Left to Right of Feature wall)

Length : 18ft to 20ft (From feature wall to back of the room)

PS - I dont really have walls as I have hacked all the surrounding walls and converted to glass bi-fold and sliding.

What would a denon set-up cost?

Agree. Get some beldens or canare cables for the surround first. Don't rush for it. I can't comment on the speakers you mentioned as I have no experience with them. Where will be the speakers setup, dimension? I would think denon is pretty balance for movie and music.

May I know how much would 40ft of Belden cable cost?

Hi,

not that cheap for belden... but quality is above average. but due to the thicker conductor size, it is more rigid and less flexible...

Well Dale. you got to audition the onkyo speakers to determine if it is better than DT 600. You have already bought right? Trust your ears. Enjoy what you have now. :D

Hi Omegared, yes, committed on the Onkyo and Def Tech 600 last Thursday. Just wonder if I have made a wrong choice given that the original bundle was with Denon AVR1611 but I switched it for SR508.

The installation will likely be about 2 weeks from now.

Guess I'm just too noob. Thanks for the advice.

I'm not very sure about the price. I remember 1810 was selling at 2.50/m 2-3 years ago. 1810 or 1313 should be around $5-7/m if i'm not wrong. You can call LHS to check the price. I have long time never buy cable liao, my new house speaker cable was from my old system... ^_^

I don't recommend to buy expensive cable for the surround speaker, below 2.50/m can be considered. Just my 2 cents. :)

Maybe other bro can give better advise. ^_^

ynwa88,

Thank you for the advice, will go down to Sim Lim during lunch time and try get the cables first.

I'm not very sure about the price. I remember 1810 was selling at 2.50/m 2-3 years ago. 1810 or 1313 should be around $5-7/m if i'm not wrong. You can call LHS to check the price. I have long time never buy cable liao, my new house speaker cable was from my old system... ^_^

I don't recommend to buy expensive cable for the surround speaker, below 2.50/m can be considered. Just my 2 cents. :)

Maybe other bro can give better advise. ^_^

ynwa88,

Thank you for the advice, will go down to Sim Lim during lunch time and try get the cables first.

if u are looking at bi-wiring the speakers, then the canare 4S11 (also available at LHS) cable maybe more value for money.... details here

if u are looking at bi-wiring the speakers, then the canare 4S11 (also available at LHS) cable maybe more value for money.... details here

Yea, i used on my previous Epos speaker also:)

Living room size is something like this

Height : 10ft (Floor to False Ceiling)

Width : 14ft (Left to Right of Feature wall)

Length : 18ft to 20ft (From feature wall to back of the room)

PS - I dont really have walls as I have hacked all the surrounding walls and converted to glass bi-fold and sliding.

What would a denon set-up cost?

Your hall is not small. Satellites are out. You do need to consider bookshelves or floorstanders. Denon 1611 will be ard 500+ and Denon 1911 ard 800+