Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
strawberry8

How Much To Box Up Pipes?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I boxed up my toilet pipes for $600 in both common and master bathroom.

Yours include service balcony. Sounds reasonable to me.

It is same as kitchen cabinet. Like 1ft of cabinet top cabinet = $100 for example. Assuming u have a 1ft full height box up (full height = top, mid, bot), it will be estimate 3 x 100 = $300.

yep. htng is right. i was quoted 3x$120 to box up the pipe in the kitchen. same price as kitchen cabinet.

not recommended to use wood cabinets to box up pipes in the washroom tho. should use concrete slabs instead. wood doesn't last well in the washroom due to the moisture

Ermmm, cannot use concrete to box up pipes in case HDB comes knocking to check, right?

Carpenter quote means it's wood.

Sigh...wood also so expensive :(

i'm not sure. i think you can. but if theres any problem. then have to tear down. carpentry is that price range. but having carpentry in shower area, the wood won't last long

i'm not sure. i think you can. but if theres any problem. then have to tear down. carpentry is that price range. but having carpentry in shower area, the wood won't last long

There are some cheap carpenters to do box up if you just wanna do box up. If you get those project/ ID carpenters to do box up, then have to pay $100-130/ ft due to their skills. Of course, there are direct carpenters in this forum. One of them is Jack from JS carpentry? I saw his name being mention a few times and I believe he is those economical priced ones because his price is direct factory. If you just wanna box up, look for this type.

my current carpenter is also direct...infact, his price was lower than JS :P hence I chose him.

Come Strawberry8, can pm me his contact? I want to do somethings later

I will not reveal his contact as I have not seen my end product....dont want to give a bad recommendation.

have only seen 1 of his completed proj and was quite happy with what i saw, hence chose him.

probably in another 2 weeks time and he will install my kitchen cabinets and wardrobes....

I believe boxing up of pipes in toilet quite troublesome,I've seen cases of leakage end up have to tear open entire thing to rectify problem?

I believe boxing up of pipes in toilet quite troublesome,I've seen cases of leakage end up have to tear open entire thing to rectify problem?

so is it advisable to box or no box? anyone here to share?

if anyone is deciding whether to box up in the toilet or wet areas, please make sure the board use is calcium silicate board as it is water resistant not water proof though. if use gypsum board, it will be goner when it is in contact with water/moisture in the bathroom.