Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nitrolil

Winter International At Ifc

Hi

Anyone bought furniture from Winter International located near entrance of IFC Building? Saw a few things that suit my taste (acrylic) and am thinking of buying all my sofa/tables/chairs from them.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We also just bought a marble table from Winter...havent got it delivered yet.

Saw a string of complaints in singaporebride about winter...saying that the management is the same as red apple and got many problem especially in delivery.

Keeping my figure cross...cant think too much at the moment, especially I clear all the payment already! Stupid me...

But anyway pray hard that it actually turns out ok...some also say ok.

Reminder not to pay in full, maybe can indicate prtective trems on receipt like ' dont accept if goods are not in good condition' etc.

However do agree that their things are nice, I like it and price not exagerating. The sales lady Joana is also nice and knowledgable.

hi nano fifi

yeh, me too. i like their design esp the acrylic stuff. i placed an order for 3 chairs $450 and paid full. oh well let's both keep our fingers crossed.

hi nano fifi

yeh, me too. i like their design esp the acrylic stuff. i placed an order for 3 chairs $450 and paid full. oh well let's both keep our fingers crossed.

i ordered 1 carpet, 1 coffee table, 2 funky stools (different types). Delivery was on 29 May.. but one of the funky stool was not delivered with no prior notice. Coffee table was delivered with some part chipped off at the bottom. We got them to replace the table which was done 2 days later.

Till today, the other funky stool not delivered yet. They claimed the one which they had did not pass QC and the new shipment will only be in on 25 Jun.

you must call them many times prior to delivery. delivery hotline is terrible. lady is rude... but Joana at showroom is prof..

Winter, Mode studio, Red Apple are all from the same management.

Their products all come from the same factory as well, don't ever believe them when they say items not delivered due to QC or shipment problem.

Dont ever believe when the sales people claims their materials are made from tempered glass, solid wood or real cowhide leather, this sales tactic can easily get through a layman. someone with more experience can tell their selling MDF,normal glass and man-made leather.

From all the past incidents I read or heard of, I have already categorized them as the black sheep of furnitures in Singapore.

THEY DID IT AGAIN !!!!!!!!

i'm extremely frustrated and unhappy with them.

give me the "take it or leave it" attitude.

they are supposed to deliver the furniture 2 weekend ago.

but last minute they called and say cannot come.

being nice (it doesn't pay) , i said it's ok.. come next weekend.

Then same thing happened again on last saturday morning, the lady from winter called and tell me stories.. saying that one furniture is defective during transition.

so i asked her to just deliver the rest first but her reply was that it's troublesome. " u wait one more week lah"

SUPER IRRITATING.

So i called the salesperson that i bought my furniture with to help me. She said she will do something about it but repeated the same story again.

I'm waiting to see what kind of lame excuse they will come up with next time.

MORAL of the story.. a black sheep will never change its colour

Any advice

How can i get my deposit back?

who can i complain to?

will keep u guys posted of their latest tactics.

to be continued........

really suay for me to walk into the black shop in IFC and buy from them. next time must search in renotalk before i buy anything.

Hi All,

Just to share my VERY bad experience from Winter International. I too bought a customised sofa from Winter earlier this yr, at Sungei Kadut branch, delivery date was in June, 1 week after the delivery,I was planning to invite friends over. & Now, after reading the posts here, i realised that La Casa is of the same company as Winter! **(Reason being, i bought 4 leather dining chairs from LaCasa, during delivery, it was also different from what we saw from the showroom!Till today, JULY, the chairs issues are still not retified at all, despite several calls to them time and again, no one returned my call!)went to Winter with 3 of my friends who chose the customised sofa together, and to our shock, the sofa that came by during the delivery day was TOTALLY different from what i ordered & on display at showroom!Till now as of today, the metal leggings of the sofa is STILL incorrect! & guess what?

I requested to speak to the GM but was rejected time & again, brushing me aside and saying there was no one to get back to me at all & the boss was not in Singapore? The so called "manager" Theresa was so freaking rude each time through the call,till date, the delivery mans already came by for the 8th time! Can you guys imagine? When i asked her why the sofa was shipped in a different design during the 3rd trip, Theresa the manager replied me loudly saying it was the design i have chosen!!! How could it be that I dont even realise it myself??!& she urged me to clear all the payments when the delivery was incorrect?I asked her "Who in the right mind as a customer will clear the payments when the goods shipped is not CORRECT at all? Is she even fit to be a manager?????She even replied me saying i was not making things easier for her? I told her since i couldnt get a satisfactory answer from her on why this company is so screwed up each time & again, i wanted to write in to the press! She even screamed at me through the call like a lunatic! Did any of you guys manage to write in to any other personnel of the company? Or there are ways we could contact the press regarding these issues we faced?

They really reflect horrible customer service attitude, screwed up company coordination & we feel cheated! Not to even mention, on a couple of occasions, delivery were scheduled to be on weekends, 2-5pm, no one appeared nor called up in advanced..Of a sudden,on a weekday afternoon, someone called to inform he was outside the door step of my house!Dont we all have to work????Why werent we informed in advanced??

Anyone else facing these issues wishes to raise it to anywhere to voice our displeasure?

This company is simply HORRIBLE in my opinion!

i ordered many stuffs from Harvey Norman but there are simply no issues like this at all!

Really very pissed & angry. :( :( :( :( :(

Call SFIC (Singapore Furniture Industries Council) all the shop in IFC is manage by them and the office is located on the 4th floor of IFC the centre manager is Shan Neo. Any complain of feedback just go to them google and you will be able to find the website of SFIC and somemore photo of the person in charge and also the contact no.

THEY DID IT AGAIN !!!!!!!!

i'm extremely frustrated and unhappy with them.

give me the "take it or leave it" attitude.

they are supposed to deliver the furniture 2 weekend ago.

but last minute they called and say cannot come.

being nice (it doesn't pay) , i said it's ok.. come next weekend.

Then same thing happened again on last saturday morning, the lady from winter called and tell me stories.. saying that one furniture is defective during transition.

so i asked her to just deliver the rest first but her reply was that it's troublesome. " u wait one more week lah"

SUPER IRRITATING.

So i called the salesperson that i bought my furniture with to help me. She said she will do something about it but repeated the same story again.

I'm waiting to see what kind of lame excuse they will come up with next time.

MORAL of the story.. a black sheep will never change its colour

Any advice

How can i get my deposit back?

who can i complain to?

will keep u guys posted of their latest tactics.

to be continued........

really suay for me to walk into the black shop in IFC and buy from them. next time must search in renotalk before i buy anything.

Theresa is the lady boss wife of Winter boss she drives a Merc.

Hi All,

Just to share my VERY bad experience from Winter International. I too bought a customised sofa from Winter earlier this yr, at Sungei Kadut branch, delivery date was in June, 1 week after the delivery,I was planning to invite friends over. & Now, after reading the posts here, i realised that La Casa is of the same company as Winter! **(Reason being, i bought 4 leather dining chairs from LaCasa, during delivery, it was also different from what we saw from the showroom!Till today, JULY, the chairs issues are still not retified at all, despite several calls to them time and again, no one returned my call!)went to Winter with 3 of my friends who chose the customised sofa together, and to our shock, the sofa that came by during the delivery day was TOTALLY different from what i ordered & on display at showroom!Till now as of today, the metal leggings of the sofa is STILL incorrect! & guess what?

I requested to speak to the GM but was rejected time & again, brushing me aside and saying there was no one to get back to me at all & the boss was not in Singapore? The so called "manager" Theresa was so freaking rude each time through the call,till date, the delivery mans already came by for the 8th time! Can you guys imagine? When i asked her why the sofa was shipped in a different design during the 3rd trip, Theresa the manager replied me loudly saying it was the design i have chosen!!! How could it be that I dont even realise it myself??!& she urged me to clear all the payments when the delivery was incorrect?I asked her "Who in the right mind as a customer will clear the payments when the goods shipped is not CORRECT at all? Is she even fit to be a manager?????She even replied me saying i was not making things easier for her? I told her since i couldnt get a satisfactory answer from her on why this company is so screwed up each time & again, i wanted to write in to the press! She even screamed at me through the call like a lunatic! Did any of you guys manage to write in to any other personnel of the company? Or there are ways we could contact the press regarding these issues we faced?

They really reflect horrible customer service attitude, screwed up company coordination & we feel cheated! Not to even mention, on a couple of occasions, delivery were scheduled to be on weekends, 2-5pm, no one appeared nor called up in advanced..Of a sudden,on a weekday afternoon, someone called to inform he was outside the door step of my house!Dont we all have to work????Why werent we informed in advanced??

Anyone else facing these issues wishes to raise it to anywhere to voice our displeasure?

This company is simply HORRIBLE in my opinion!

i ordered many stuffs from Harvey Norman but there are simply no issues like this at all!

Really very pissed & angry. :( :( :( :( :(

Edited by chilla18

Theresa is the lady boss wife of Winter boss she drives a Merc.

Horrible WOMAN!

No wonder she is so COCKY when i insist to speak to the boss.

and SAID SHE is the BIGGEST HERE?!??!

Is there any number to call? I think we should write to the PRESS! :curse: :curse: :curse:

its bcos of all these bad attitude furniture shops that leave us with no choice sometimes but to buy from ikea. I had been reading thru the other topics & there r many more furniture shops out there behaving this way also. i think its only those who do not read the forums that keep on giving business to them

What number are you looking for?

Horrible WOMAN!

No wonder she is so COCKY when i insist to speak to the boss.

and SAID SHE is the BIGGEST HERE?!??!

Is there any number to call? I think we should write to the PRESS! :curse: :curse: :curse:

What number are you looking for?

Any source to lodge complains and actions will be taken. Can you imagine my sofa problem is still left nt rectified till now???????and since hw long ago!Horrible pple & company :( :(

Hi ice usually there isnt much comsumers can do. you can call CASE to lodge a complaint against them. usually if CASE receives a high number of complains against a company then CASE will take a more intense approach. otherwise they will more likely go through the standard procedure of mediation. another thing is you can consult some legal advice to see if they are able to help out also. i hope these are of help to you