Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pixiepixel

Pixiepixel's Pixilated Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
view from masterbedroom

93538916.jpg

Hehe, I almost bought a unit [right picture, HDB point block] opposite your flat two years back. I like your area and with the upcoming Jurong Lake District development, it will be an interesting area to live in.

Like your idea to extend the balcony and the MBR.

Happy reno.

i drive past ur place on a daily basis. wife works @ posb jurong east, so i have to pass by ur place to pick her up. employ me to jaga ur reno for u ba. :P

we haven't been shopping much really for the new place and we have 1 month more to go before we have to move out of our current place *sad*

been busy during weekdays working and weekends it's been tough to go shopping for stuff when we have a terror-boy with us and a soon-to-be-terror-girl in me stomach ;)

grand total of "stuff" bought: 6

bathroom fittings

common toilet shower

cbathshower.jpg

common toilet mixer

cbathmixer.jpg

master toilet shower

]mbathshower.jpg

master toilet mixer

mbathmixer.jpg

made some progress (finally!) today...

my last post made me realised that I've been slacking in the purchasing department so I whacked whatever I could. Planned to go Geylang/Balestier to purchase bathroom equipment and kitchen equipment. But after a "family meeting", decided to buy whatever we could within our budget at IMM.

Yes, yes, retail prices, I'm being robert-headed, but it saves us the time, distance travelled, and most importantly, energy. We could use the time and energy on other things, I gathered.

Got the following today

Franke kitchen sink

kitchen tap

wc x 2

locksets for the bedroom doors

Edited by pixiepixel

went to "inspect" the place today. Luckily we were there for inspection (you will know why later...)

living hall

31101001.jpg

kitchen

the beam is up!

31101003.jpg

spot anything special??

31101002.jpg

if you did not, may I point out that the makeshift tap was still running....they've forgotten to turn off the tap, which resulted in a flooded kitchen.....

31101004.jpg

I couldn't even step in as my feet would be soaked with water. my whole kitchen is flooded!! :furious::curse::fire::~:ph34r:

Nevetheless I moved on to other areas

Bathrooms

tiles up!

31101005.jpg

the empty parts are for the mosiac strips

31101006.jpg

the hacked wall between bedroom and balcony is up

31101007.jpg

...and that would be the bench built into the recess area which is part of our dining seating

31101008.jpg

the kitchen entrance sealed up. there will be a big concealed storage built infront of this area which will store basically everything we do not wish to see

31101009.jpg

back to my anger........

told them specifically to be careful with the parquet flooring but there were many parts of the floor with ripped out cardboard

31101010.jpg

I am going to shove this butt up the culprit's nostril. I have emphasized (to the point that I've became naggy) that I do not allow smoking in my flat!!

31101012.jpg

...And I am going to ask the culprit to swallow the plastic bag down!!

31101011.jpg

...And the sparkling icing on the cake...ultimate winner!!!

by the way, this will be up the culprit's ars3

31101014.jpg

I have also emphasized (to the point that I've become a super old nag) that I do not allow eating and drinking in my place. The litter or any food that is dropped will attract ants. These commandos will start marching in, build up their lovely home during the renovation (aka 2 renovation concurrently at the same place). By the time they've finished working on my flat, the ants have already moved in earlier than me. I can never get rid of their new nest.

By the time we left the place, I had called my ID 7 times; but he wasn't picking up. Thereafter came an exchange of sms

ID: Hello, I saw your missed calls. Was trying to put my son to sleep thats why I had to switch it on silent mode

me: The tap in the kitchen was still running. Is there any special reason? kitchen flooded

ID: HUH?!?!?! I call tiler now!

Afterthat, ID called and told me that he will get someone to turn off the tap. He knew that I was angry without even me telling him. Yes, I can be micro-nitpicking if i wish to be. My only sentences were:

I will not pay for my water bills for this time round; we'll "talk" more on Monday

till tomorrow...........

Edited by pixiepixel

I have also emphasized (to the point that I've become a super old nag) that I do not allow eating and drinking in my place. The litter or any food that is dropped will attract ants. These commandos will start marching in, build up their lovely home during the renovation (aka 2 renovation concurrently at the same place). By the time they've finished working on my flat, the ants have already moved in earlier than me. I can never get rid of their new nest.

hi pixel

First time looking through your blog, since now my reno is completed and I am reliving days reading RT, minus the stress.

Wow, how do you tell yr ID no eating is allowed? For us, we are ok with eating, but one afternoon, we entered the house to smell some horrid stench! After some police work around, we found 2 ta pau packets in one corner of the floor! Prob discarded since the day before!

btw I like your preference for bold colours! My kitchen is orange too :D

back to my anger........

told them specifically to be careful with the parquet flooring but there were many parts of the floor with ripped out cardboard

31101010.jpg

I am going to shove this butt up the culprit's nostril. I have emphasized (to the point that I've became naggy) that I do not allow smoking in my flat!!

31101012.jpg

...And I am going to ask the culprit to swallow the plastic bag down!!

31101011.jpg

...And the sparkling icing on the cake...ultimate winner!!!

by the way, this will be up the culprit's ars3

31101014.jpg

By the time we left the place, I had called my ID 7 times; but he wasn't picking up. Thereafter came an exchange of sms

ID: Hello, I saw your missed calls. Was trying to put my son to sleep thats why I had to switch it on silent mode

me: The tap in the kitchen was still running. Is there any special reason? kitchen flooded

ID: HUH?!?!?! I call tiler now!

Afterthat, ID called and told me that he will get someone to turn off the tap. He knew that I was angry without even me telling him. Yes, I can be micro-nitpicking if i wish to be. My only sentences were:

I will not pay for my water bills for this time round; we'll "talk" more on Monday

till tomorrow...........

nice progress! but hor, give and take a bit on their habits... just tell the main con/ID that smoking n drinking can only be done outside the flat lor... not to worry so much, after the acid wash, all ants' nest will be practically be gone.... just ensure they dun throw rubbish into the toilet bowls & u-traps and ask them to stick their hands into the gully trap to dig out excess rubbish...

Hello all

just checking if anyone has the October issue of home and decor and is willing to give or sell away to me? Pls pm me, thanks!

hi pixiepixel, i was just going to throw away, would be happy to save it for you :) pls pm me.

some updates since my last one was 2 weeks ago...

my ID confirmed that he cannot handover to us by end of this mth, which is the day we are moving house. so...we have to move as promised, and shift all the furniture into the 2 spare rooms until the renovation work is finished. will stay at my in-law place interim...

bought some stuff during the 2 weeks hiatus:-

from Ikea:-

a small tv console which serves as my altar

dining set (table plus 3 chairs)

bought 2 x toilet sinks

Electrolux oven

sofa & tv console

we went to tradehub 21 yesterday to shop for sofa & tv console. the last time we went, we bought terror#1 along so it was a rather useless trip.

went in to nova, saw a L shaped fabric sofa at 1399 (before GST), and a tv console at 799 (before GST) that we liked.

in the end the sales lady quoted us 1998 (before GST)

looking at the prices....i'm very sure i will not pay for these 2 items. so i told her nicely "ok, we'll think about it". also the fact that ah lao giving me attitude problem, i fedup to search further...

so she asked, how much is my budget? i told her 1500 for both.

oh yes, in the end, we got both pcs for 1500. after GST 1605

was it a steal? hmmm not very sure. RT bloggers can get such deals?

L shape 2.7m fabric sofa + 2m black glass tv console

anyway i was too tired to look around any further so i just paid when i think it is within "reasonable".

same goes for the electrolux oven. upon recommendation of someone from RT, i went to phone aik leong to get my hob and hood. the lady-with-the-same-surname recommended me electrolux oven, quoted me $360. i believed this price was really low, compared to retail price.

as i bought my kitchen and WC stuff from another shop, i asked the salesguy if he carries the same model, and got him to sell me at $340.

was it a steal? I'm not sure. too exhausted to think and run around (unlike our young, hot blooded, with gusto bloggers here)...old woman zz