Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yummy

A New Chapter In Our Lives!

quite alot of ppl using granite, me going too also. btw yummy, ur unit started hacking liao? I pass by a unit jus now and they are removing debris. not sure if it's urs? :notti:

sammi sis mine still haven't got keys yet sob sob.. :( either early or mid july.. wait so long til i wanna faint :bleah: well atleast using the time to finalise IDs, designs etc. so in a way it's good i guess..

i wanna use granite too!! but exp right..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
woaw... so syiok.. but me over the budget already.. maybe next home.. if the budget permits!! since this is our first home.. make it simple first.. hehehe

it's not very ex leh, $90 psf for mine. compared to corian, this is cheap wor.

:help: Anyone have fridge to recommend?

The one we currently have is LG and is giving alot of problem. Not cool enough so food spoiling v fast. Have panasonic in mind.. But yesterday saw a samsung one that looks quite nice. not so bulky. Somehow i feel samsung not as good as panasonic though :dunno:

i can't seem to find the exact samsung model that i saw yesterday

looks something like this, but without the water dispenser

samsung_fridge.jpg

the panasonic one is this:

NR-BY551XS-Web-Image((Asia))-1.jpg

:help: Anyone have fridge to recommend?

The one we currently have is LG and is giving alot of problem. Not cool enough so food spoiling v fast. Have panasonic in mind.. But yesterday saw a samsung one that looks quite nice. not so bulky. Somehow i feel samsung not as good as panasonic though :dunno:

i can't seem to find the exact samsung model that i saw yesterday

looks something like this, but without the water dispenser

samsung_fridge.jpg

the panasonic one is this:

NR-BY551XS-Web-Image((Asia))-1.jpg

something like this? i saw somewhere someone mentioned this model now selling at Mega store at $1199..

fridge.jpg

something like this? i saw somewhere someone mentioned this model now selling at Mega store at $1199..

fridge.jpg

yea! like that.. that's a good price. is it samsung or another brand?

yea! like that.. that's a good price. is it samsung or another brand?

Yeah, Samsung Platinum Fridge RS-21HNEPN.. i bought few months back so was more ex $1400.. now prices dropped

fridge.jpg

Gosh.. love that fridge.. Its LG really bad?? Oh My.. i just bought mine.. its LG!! similar design to this samsung..

The fridge is so nice. I always like these type of 2 door side by side but as i seldom cook, not much stuff to put in so getting a smaller fridge.

Sam jie, i always tot granite is more ex than corian. Eh.. btw corian means solid surface top is it?

The fridge is so nice. I always like these type of 2 door side by side but as i seldom cook, not much stuff to put in so getting a smaller fridge.

Sam jie, i always tot granite is more ex than corian. Eh.. btw corian means solid surface top is it?

corian is a brand of solid surface, though it's of a more premium range. there are many ranges and brand of solid surface. the common one is cresto but some commented it scratches very easily and stain easily too.

premium brands are like LG Hi-mac and Dupont Corian lor but they come to the price of approx $120 - $150 psf....too exp.

Yeah, Samsung Platinum Fridge RS-21HNEPN.. i bought few months back so was more ex $1400.. now prices dropped

yea i saw at Best it was $1199. looks good. how do u find the fridge so far? do u think too much space is allocated for the freezer?

Gosh.. love that fridge.. Its LG really bad?? Oh My.. i just bought mine.. its LG!! similar design to this samsung..

i donno about that model.. mine is the normal type. my aunt also has the same model and she had some problems with it. service man came to fix it and said LG brand not good. but urs since its newer model probably is better.

corian is a brand of solid surface, though it's of a more premium range. there are many ranges and brand of solid surface. the common one is cresto but some commented it scratches very easily and stain easily too.

premium brands are like LG Hi-mac and Dupont Corian lor but they come to the price of approx $120 - $150 psf....too exp.

really?? the higher end solid top is more expensive than granite? is it china or india granite?

i should remember to ask the IDs want brand of solid surface they are offering..

Edited by yummy

really?? the higher end solid top is more expensive than granite? is it china or india granite?

i should remember to ask the IDs want brand of solid surface they are offering..

mine is china granite. india black galaxy for my contractor is $10 psf more only. still ok.

yea i saw at Best it was $1199. looks good. how do u find the fridge so far? do u think too much space is allocated for the freezer?

ya, i find the freezer area huge but my MIL happy cos she cooks everyday and she has plenty of space for her stuff..

Reading all these reviews on fridges are really doing my head in..

Read reviews on Samsung saying they don't work after a few months. They said they started hearing loud sounds coming from the fridge and that the temp was not low enough so all their food went bad.

Then a few comments on Panasonic saying the same thing!!

My LG fridge has been doing the same thing.. not cold enough. takes so long to make ice. food is not fresh.

Omg.. what on earth seriously. Have all the fridges in the world been affected by global warming too???

Now which brand do i choose?

I have so much on my mind right now.

SO many choices.

Things to buy:

A. Furniture

1. sofa
  2. dining table and chairs
  3. coffee table
  4. wardrobe

B. Appliances

1. fridge
  2. washing machine
  3. air con
  4. cooker hood
  5. cooker hob
  6. blender
  7. rice cooker
  8. toaster
  9. microwave
  10. oven
  11. electric kettle
  12. water heater
  13. ceiling fan
  14. television

C. Fittings:

1. sinks
  2. basins
  3. taps

Hmmm.. what else??

As easy as A-B-C? Not likely...

My husband and i find it soooo hard to choose something. We have to think and think and think and THINK. That's why ID/contractor STILL not finalised. Getting keys in less than a month. OMG.. time is really running out.

:bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

Edited by yummy

These are some ideas we have..

Dark wood laminates for the tv area .. want to have a cosy feel

darkfloors.jpg

fgallery15.jpg

Like in the picture above, we're planning on having the dining area in tiles.. probably a lighter colour then this though

cabinetcolourscheme.png

Love this kitchen colour scheme :dribble: