Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

Fujioh Glass Hob

Hello to all who are using or planning to get the fujioh glass hob

which was/is your pick? 773 or 793?

I am having a hard time deciding between the two models. Price is the same. The only diff is

773 comes with safety valve, which I thought is important.

793 comes with inner flame, which is supposed to save gas since can cook faster?

Also thinking about the position of the 3 burners.

773 has 3 burners all spaced out

793 has the big fire one at one side, while the medium and small fire at the other side.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Personally, I would take the inner flame because I love the strong fire.

The safety valve is indeed important but that is only if you leave your stove unattended. If you keep attend to the stove, it doens't matter right?

Personally, I would take the inner flame because I love the strong fire.

The safety valve is indeed important but that is only if you leave your stove unattended. If you keep attend to the stove, it doens't matter right?

the salesman was also telling me that for the inner fire hob, the holes at the base are big, so things drop easily and cannot be retrieved, so easier to get stuck Dunno how true is this?

hmm ... don;t know if you call this unattended. sometimes will keep low fire, then leave pot there to cook for 1 or 2 hours?

the salesman was also telling me that for the inner fire hob, the holes at the base are big, so things drop easily and cannot be retrieved, so easier to get stuck Dunno how true is this?

hmm ... don;t know if you call this unattended. sometimes will keep low fire, then leave pot there to cook for 1 or 2 hours?

Yes, its center holes are bigger but that's where the fire come from right?

What's the probability your item/food would fall there?

Well ... it might cause a concern if you leave it for 1 or 2 hours because the wind might blow the fire off while the gas is still on. If you do this kind of cooking often, better get the one with safety valve.

For me, I have slow cooker for this type of food :)

Yes, its center holes are bigger but that's where the fire come from right?

What's the probability your item/food would fall there?

Well ... it might cause a concern if you leave it for 1 or 2 hours because the wind might blow the fire off while the gas is still on. If you do this kind of cooking often, better get the one with safety valve.

For me, I have slow cooker for this type of food :)

Hi Nguadi

check w u - is the big fire of the inner flame really big? can really cut down cooking time compared wiht the "normal" big fire? like chi cha style is it?

well then, if u interested in inner flame and fuss-free cleaning, rinnai inner flame seems to be better option cause seen how both salesperson demo the cleaning the inside i.e if food contents or soup getting in. plus rinnai has safety valve

hope it helps

well then, if u interested in inner flame and fuss-free cleaning, rinnai inner flame seems to be better option cause seen how both salesperson demo the cleaning the inside i.e if food contents or soup getting in. plus rinnai has safety valve

hope it helps

hmm .. and how much is it? which model you referring to?

Hi Nguadi

check w u - is the big fire of the inner flame really big? can really cut down cooking time compared wiht the "normal" big fire? like chi cha style is it?

Yes, the fire is really big. Though I don't think can compare with those chinese restaurant stove. Those are on different level.

Definitely it would help on make the wok/pan to heat up. But don't expect to cut down the gas usage.

Cooking time depends on what you cook right?

If you are cooking with low-fire in longer period, it doesn't matter whether your fire is big or not.

hmm .. and how much is it? which model you referring to?

Rinnai inner flame RB-3CG (made in Japan) $900

it would be pricier than the fujioh one i suppose

Rinnai inner flame RB-3CG (made in Japan) $900

it would be pricier than the fujioh one i suppose

yup, rinnai one looks classier ... due to space constraint plus to save my granite countertop, had to downgrade to rinnai RB-3as. U can called everjoint amk to compare price. Some googling should able to give u the contact number.

yup, rinnai one looks classier ... due to space constraint plus to save my granite countertop, had to downgrade to rinnai RB-3as. U can called everjoint amk to compare price. Some googling should able to give u the contact number.

Hi dbkungfu

what do you mean to save yr granite countertop? You mean use granite cannot have the rinnai RB 3CG?

btw this RB 3GB is one big inner flame, one medium and one small flame is it? like the fujioh 793 configuration?

Actually i am still quite confused with this inner flame thing. Is inner flame applicable onlyfor big fire? ie got such thing as small inner flame, say for simmering soup etc?

one more question - for those of you who are familiar wiht rinnai - I saw the brochure - besides the made in japan RB 3CG, there are 2 other models

RB-38V and RB-3SS (GB). How are they different?

thanks so much!

Edited by froggy

Hi dbkungfu

what do you mean to save yr granite countertop? You mean use granite cannot have the rinnai RB 3CG?

Hi froggy

:) What I meant was ... RB 3CG is too width for my small kitchen ... if I installed it, I need to cut out a big piece/hole of my ex granite countertop, so end up only few meter of granite seen only. Nothing to do with it material spoiling the granite top ... no worry.

I also having problem deciding the hob to go with Fujioh Hood....

Fujioh 773 - safety valve, spaced out burner for easy cooking of diff food.

Fujioh 793 - inner flame but no safety valve and inside of the burner not able to clean easily (unlike Rinnai RB 3CG)

should food drop inside.

Fujioh glass top is more sleek without aluminium strip on both side.

Rinnai RB 3CG - safety valve, inner flame, spaced out burner, easy to clean inside burner

BUT

- glass top not as sleek with aluminium strip at front and back - the back strip design for air inlet may be hard to clean

- as I am getting Fujioh Hood so cannot get Fujioh package price if I get Rinnai RB 3CG

I need one with all the plus points of Fujioh + Rinnai ! HAHA

Tough choice....... Still cannot decide.....