Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kreep1303

Need Help Regarding Ceiling Fan

i recently bought an alpha v6 and franco f923 from malaysia and only just realised that these fan do not come with the ceiling bracket , i call up the shop n they say for fans in malaysia does not come with the bracket, so my question is ,where can i get those bracket in spore and how much it would roughly cost

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
You can always buy those bracket in the hardware shop.

Point to note, those brackets are universal for all types of ceiling fans.

SG fans are safety tested together with their brackets.

That's why you'll get the brackets when you buy those ceiling fans in SG.

If you can, go to the respectively agent to get their brackets.

Might cost abit more but it's safer.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers pal ;)

I got my KDK V56VK from AMK, came without brackets. Bracket looks like a U-shape, with a flat pieces of meter c/w 2 holes at side, welded to the U's top. Got big & small 2 sizes, don't get the wrong one, look at diameter carefully. About $3 a pc.

Edited by bepgof

thanks a lot to both bro and bepgof for the reply will try to look at diy hardware store hopefully they sell it there, btw bepgof u mention that the bracket comes in 2 sizes right so how do i know which size is for fans

thanks a lot to both bro and bepgof for the reply will try to look at diy hardware store hopefully they sell it there, btw bepgof u mention that the bracket comes in 2 sizes right so how do i know which size is for fans

I don't think you can find this in DIY shop, find at those shops selling paint with some metalware...

These brackets are all locally fabricated-some with painting , some without, and the welding part look not so strong - I went to 4 shops, happened seeing all these. All shop owners said "all are like that".

You must understand: the bracket is bolted onto ceiling with 2 self-locking bolts at both sides of the metal stripe. The is a limited distance between ceiling and centre to the U or O-shaped. This distance must be compatible for you existing fan's assembly which comes with a rod(with rubber cushioh to absorbe vibration)to put thought the U or O-shaped.

If distance too small, fan assembly can be fixed, if distance too big, fan tends to "shake" at full speed. Sorry, must buy also the "self-locking" bolts for the bracket. About $2 a pc depend on size.

Open up fan assembly, measure the distance (hopfully got instruction sheet), then buy the bracket & bolts. It seems the forumers here did not mention about the brackets, I guess the the electricians must have settled for them with their knowing.

I caught in surprise when electrician told me that I have to buy the bracket & bolts...taught me to measure the distance....also taught me why the fan "shake" at high speed with this type of installation and how to prevent....good luck to you.

Edited by bepgof