Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JanBee

Cement Screed Kitchen Walls

Due to budget constrain and also I like the raw feel therefore I am Cement Screeding my Kitchen walls. Anybody here has done so? Would greatly appreciate anyone who would share their experiences or views. Thanks ..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Due to budget constrain and also I like the raw feel therefore I am Cement Screeding my Kitchen walls. Anybody here has done so? Would greatly appreciate anyone who would share their experiences or views. Thanks ..

i did part of my kitchen wall this way to cut tiling costs. looks great to me. btw, i only saved $350 in going with this option.

i did part of my kitchen wall this way to cut tiling costs. looks great to me. btw, i only saved $350 in going with this option.

I opt for this as I would be saving something like $800.

Do you face any problems with the walls? Does it absorb the kitchen fumes? Does it attract cockroaches or lizards? Does it look boring?

I opt for this as I would be saving something like $800.

Do you face any problems with the walls? Does it absorb the kitchen fumes? Does it attract cockroaches or lizards? Does it look boring?

Hi my mum is doing this to one of the walls in her hall as it is fully tiled.We decided to make it a feature wall instead.Maybe u can paint it a darker shade and use the wall stickers they have to make it look better if u are concern abt it looking boring.Kitchen 2 can have feature wall i feel.

Hi my mum is doing this to one of the walls in her hall as it is fully tiled.We decided to make it a feature wall instead.Maybe u can paint it a darker shade and use the wall stickers they have to make it look better if u are concern abt it looking boring.Kitchen 2 can have feature wall i feel.

Good Idea! Does your mum's walls absorb moisture or does it become powdery?

No but i think my contractor said he have to double glaze it or so.kNOCK THE WALL DO U HEAR ANYTHING??Anyway i dont come on line here much anymore i had a mad dog who accussed me like ****.so anything just pm me.Thks

I actually never used it. but i have house sat for my friend who used it in his kitchen. I think before you choose cement screed you will have to acknowledge the fact that the texture/final finish is 'live'. Live in the sense that it will age/weather differently depending on the exact composition of the cement and the effects will be different. And there will be imperfections - like non-uniform colouring, cracks. But thats the raw appeal of it. And thats why people like it.

I personally like it because it is impactful and probably easy maintenance ( dont remember hearing my friend say need to wipe). Its different if its the floor - u see HDB ground floors? if u leave liquids over it long time, there will be a permanent stain. so it depends on which part of kitchen wall too - likelihood of spills and hence stains? You might want to check with the Contractor abt the stains.

So maybe better dont cement screed the area behind the cooker.

But i love cement screed and the raw and ever changing appeal - in fact my friend's apartment has a few cracks liao. but it looks so natural.