Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
i-poh

Should Buy Led Or Plasma Or Lcd Tv Set?

da culprit still free but gd news is dat my contractor is willing to compensate 100%. dats y im upgrading cuz sticking to da same stuff only remind me of dat incident. Almost $500 more for 708... worth the upgrade? only prob is KEC installed my previious hts last 2 weeks & i dunno whether if i get the avr & sub only, will they install for me again or not cause im still a noob in setting it up.

bro frezh, wat happened to your HTS? kena damaged or stolen?

bro vic, just asking your opinion whether is it worthwhile to switch to projector?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

bro vic, just asking your opinion whether is it worthwhile to switch to projector?

bro jose... Long story. Dun wanna cry over spilled milk.

bro jose... Long story. Dun wanna cry over spilled milk.

bro Vic, pmed u but ur mailbox full. Onkyo 608 or 708? Is da $500 diff worth it or shld I juz get da 608? I'm in a fixed. Thx!

Projector? Big YES!!!!! Stewart screen & Epson ah?

Cheers

bro Vic, pmed u but ur mailbox full. Onkyo 608 or 708? Is da $500 diff worth it or shld I juz get da 608? I'm in a fixed. Thx!

have replied you. The latest HDMI1.4 compliant receiver from Yamaha looks solid. Do check them out.

Yamaha are usually reliable.

Cheers

Projector? Big YES!!!!! Stewart screen & Epson ah?

Cheers

haven done any research on projector yet such as the min distance required, cost of replacing the bulbs etc...wats the priority in your opinion?

haven done any research on projector yet such as the min distance required, cost of replacing the bulbs etc...wats the priority in your opinion?

Stick to a good set of speakers & receiver first.

cheers

an update.

my samsung plasma bought in march 2009 just developed a vertical line of dead pixel. Blue color gone. used SMPTE test pattern run thru some color tests confirmed this.

called up samsung service ctr, they came down today and told me they will be changing the entire display panel next week. :)

lucky i made the right choice about buying samsung, as the salesman from euromark told me, samsung gives 3 years warranty on all parts incl display panel. initially i wanted to buy panasonic, but he told me pana is 1 yr on panel + 2 years on other parts....

an update.

my samsung plasma bought in march 2009 just developed a vertical line of dead pixel. Blue color gone. used SMPTE test pattern run thru some color tests confirmed this.

called up samsung service ctr, they came down today and told me they will be changing the entire display panel next week. :)

lucky i made the right choice about buying samsung, as the salesman from euromark told me, samsung gives 3 years warranty on all parts incl display panel. initially i wanted to buy panasonic, but he told me pana is 1 yr on panel + 2 years on other parts....

Samsung not known for their plasma. Possibly Samsung uses OEM panels.

Im using panasonic (Japan made panel) for 2 years now. Still ok. My usage is about 3 hours per day & 8 hours during weekends.

cheers

Samsung not known for their plasma. Possibly Samsung uses OEM panels.

Im using panasonic (Japan made panel) for 2 years now. Still ok. My usage is about 3 hours per day & 8 hours during weekends.

cheers

Doesn't really matter if the panel is outsourced to some pariah third-party company. I was told their panels are MIK, offering possibly better QC than others....So long they give 3year warranty, it's good enuf. :) buying electronics is sometimes a matter of heng sway… so full coverage warranty is a safer bet. no fineprints or caveats, anything spoil within the stated period, just change. simple and straightforward. if they dare give 3yrs on panel, that shows they have confidence in their durability of their products tio bor?

not siding against any manufacturer, but when it comes to TVs, buy those that has good warranty coverage. if pana gives similar coverage, it makes the decision even more difficult ;p

that time my fren jio jio me buy the 42" pana plasma, about 700+, throw in free $200 ntuc vouchers, but warranty is 1+2, i paid about $750, slightly a bit more exp than the pana, no freebies.

the only time when u see premium product is MIJ is their flagship ranges. MIJ stuffs are much more exp than others, like the Mitsubishi range of fridges that cost 3~4k compared to their tomyam-made counterparts......so my guess is you're paying for their premium highend models…what i know is the cheaper pana panels are made in MY.

Edited by neubie

IMO, i think LCD is good enough. Affordable and the newer design are quite nice and slim. Like what some of the bros here mentioned. It all depends on your budget and your requirements i.e Full HD, HDMI, 100/200Hz...

But looking at the models you're looking at, seems like budget wise you're quite loose haha...

I would recommend you get the LG LED though between the 2 models. I thought LG tv are always quite value for money and their LED tv design is quite nice and 1 of the cheapest in the current market.

bro, chill... u dun wan the same thing to happen like in the "previous" thread... its frustrating when ppl give bad advise (i dun say "stupid" advise cuz some ppl can be sensitive) but what to do... i give up oredi.

plasma vs led vs lcd... y muz there be soooo many threads. juz go xtremeplace to find out cuz most videophiles & audiophiles went there. this forum is renotalk, & some advises r not accurate. i wouldn't want to go to extremeplace & ask: laminate floorin or parquet better? for those who want something simpler, go to cnetasia or cnet... they have lotsa stuff there to read.

juz my 2 cents worth...

Hi Frezhman,

I can see you are using OPPO 83.

Do you know if this or any other OPPO model can play music and movie from NAS thru the network?

Most importantly can play MKV and MP4.