Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sharp

Where To Buy Vornado Vortex Technology Air Circulators?

Has anyone tried Vornado Vortex Technology Air Circulators before, any feedback? Seems like homefix only carry one model and they are are selling another brand of air circulator Ifan. Any comment on this brand? Any other place to buy Vornado air circulators?

no offence but i really do not see the benefit of having this 'circulator', vis-a-vis another other standing fan currently available in the market.....yes, the inflated ball floating in the air demo is interesting..... yes, it has got a veri nice blade cover (machiam like my Toyo T1R thread pattern) .... but other than that, I really cant comprehen / justify the sky high price :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've got both - the Vornado is quieter and more powerful.

The Dyson sounds quieter if you hear it in a public place because its motor produces a higher pitched noise (like a small vacuum cleaner) whereas the Vornado sounds more like a normal fan.

The Vornado is very powerful, I have mine at the other end of the room and I've never used the max setting. The Dyson is less powerful, but it oscillates - the Vornado is meant to be used differently. You place it in a fixed position and it kind of moves all the air in the room. It's really meant to be used near a window or air-con to circulate cool air. The main draw of the Dyson is the absence of 'buffeting', as in you just get a very steady stream of air without 'pulses', but that's moot if you turn on the oscillation anyway.

The other key difference is that the Vornado is made in the US and comes with a 5-year warranty whereas the Dyson is made in Malaysia I think, with a 2-year warranty. I guess that's the reason for the high prices - the Vornado is supposed to have an industrial strength, heavy-duty motor whereas the Dyson is... unique and very easy to clean. With the Vornado, you still have to dust the blades and wipe the grille, whereas the Dyson has tiny air intake grooves so it doesn't really get dirty.

Edited by idontknow

I've got both - the Vornado is quieter and more powerful.

The Dyson sounds quieter if you hear it in a public place because its motor produces a higher pitched noise (like a small vacuum cleaner) whereas the Vornado sounds more like a normal fan.

The Vornado is very powerful, I have mine at the other end of the room and I've never used the max setting. The Dyson is less powerful, but it oscillates - the Vornado is meant to be used differently. You place it in a fixed position and it kind of moves all the air in the room. It's really meant to be used near a window or air-con to circulate cool air. The main draw of the Dyson is the absence of 'buffeting', as in you just get a very steady stream of air without 'pulses', but that's moot if you turn on the oscillation anyway.

The other key difference is that the Vornado is made in the US and comes with a 5-year warranty whereas the Dyson is made in Malaysia I think, with a 2-year warranty. I guess that's the reason for the high prices - the Vornado is supposed to have an industrial strength, heavy-duty motor whereas the Dyson is... unique and very easy to clean. With the Vornado, you still have to dust the blades and wipe the grille, whereas the Dyson has tiny air intake grooves so it doesn't really get dirty.

Hi.

Do you know who is honouring the warranty for the Vornado? Could not seem to search who is the sole distributor here.

I am still tempted by the Vornado:)

Hi.

Do you know who is honouring the warranty for the Vornado? Could not seem to search who is the sole distributor here.

I am still tempted by the Vornado:)

OK I asked, and Home-Fix is the distributor for Singapore - local sets have a 2-year warranty. Was going to get an iFan since they only brought in 2 Vornado models, but the iFan is seriously underpowered compared to the Vornado.

Edited by idontknow

i got 2 ifan (brand new) to let go. willing to sell it much lower than retail price. i got free for my house warming.

black color. still under warranty.

Hi,

How much are you selling ur ifan? how long is the warranty?