Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Warrior88

Hdb Resale Prices Hit Another High,

SINGAPORE: HDB homes' resale prices have hit another high.

Data released today by the Housing and Development Board, HDB, shows that its resale price index in the second quarter this year rose 4.1 per cent over the previous quarter.

This is higher than the initial flash estimate of 3.8 per cent.

It's the fifth consecutive quarter of price increase.

The median cash-over-valuation jumped by $5,000 to $30,000 for all resale transactions.

The proportion of resale cases transacted above valuation also increased to 96 per cent.

HDB says it will ensure that there is an adequate supply of new flats to meet housing demand.

Last month, it launched some 2,700 new Build to Order (BTO) flats, the largest number of BTO flats offered in a single launch to date.

Another 7,200 BTO flats will be launched in the second half of 2010, bringing the total BTO flat supply for this year to 16,000.

This is an increase of 80 per cent over the previous year.

HDB says the BTO projects in the second half of the year will enjoy a good geographical spread in towns such as Woodlands, Yishun, Punggol and Sengkang.

For this month, flat buyers can look forward to about 1,000 BTO flats in Jurong West and Bukit Panjang.

HDB adds that the BTO supply will be supplemented by the on-coming supply of flats under the Design, Build & Sell Scheme.

Subletting transactions also increased by about 15 per cent in the first Quarter to 7,595 cases.

The total number of HDB flats approved for subletting rose to about 30,500 units in the second quarter, compared to about 27,300 units in the first.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
SINGAPORE: HDB homes' resale prices have hit another high.

Data released today by the Housing and Development Board, HDB, shows that its resale price index in the second quarter this year rose 4.1 per cent over the previous quarter.

This is higher than the initial flash estimate of 3.8 per cent.

It's the fifth consecutive quarter of price increase.

The median cash-over-valuation jumped by $5,000 to $30,000 for all resale transactions.

The proportion of resale cases transacted above valuation also increased to 96 per cent.

HDB says it will ensure that there is an adequate supply of new flats to meet housing demand.

Last month, it launched some 2,700 new Build to Order (BTO) flats, the largest number of BTO flats offered in a single launch to date.

Another 7,200 BTO flats will be launched in the second half of 2010, bringing the total BTO flat supply for this year to 16,000.

This is an increase of 80 per cent over the previous year.

HDB says the BTO projects in the second half of the year will enjoy a good geographical spread in towns such as Woodlands, Yishun, Punggol and Sengkang.

For this month, flat buyers can look forward to about 1,000 BTO flats in Jurong West and Bukit Panjang.

HDB adds that the BTO supply will be supplemented by the on-coming supply of flats under the Design, Build & Sell Scheme.

Subletting transactions also increased by about 15 per cent in the first Quarter to 7,595 cases.

The total number of HDB flats approved for subletting rose to about 30,500 units in the second quarter, compared to about 27,300 units in the first.

So will more new flats in market stablise prices? I say in the news that ppl who cash out of pte condo have hugh cash so they can easily fork out 50 to 60K COV. So gd times ppl buy HDB and bad times ppl oso buy HDB. so hw those young ppl who dun own any hse will be left in sidelines. Hv to waut minimum 3 yrs then get new flat.

The 3Q stats will go up again fm what I observed from talking to agents in last 3 weekends. It seems the minimum still at 30k to 40k.

So will more new flats in market stablise prices? I say in the news that ppl who cash out of pte condo have hugh cash so they can easily fork out 50 to 60K COV. So gd times ppl buy HDB and bad times ppl oso buy HDB. so hw those young ppl who dun own any hse will be left in sidelines. Hv to waut minimum 3 yrs then get new flat.

The 3Q stats will go up again fm what I observed from talking to agents in last 3 weekends. It seems the minimum still at 30k to 40k.

COV is for uncle & auntie to play lah, not much time left for them. Young ones apply BTO, DBSS, EC lah, why die die must join the heat?. Don't trouble the troubles, unless the troubles trouble u.

Edited by bepgof

COV is for uncle & auntie to play lah, not much time left for them. Young ones apply BTO, DBSS, EC lah, why die die must join the heat?. Don't trouble the troubles, unless the troubles trouble u.

agree (but a lot of time, it the uncle auntie giving the $$$ to fund most of the high COVs for the young ones to buy).

agree (but a lot of time, it the uncle auntie giving the $$$ to fund most of the high COVs for the young ones to buy).

Cannot lar, aft giving the money, children kick parents to one side, how? I told my children that I teach them to fish, but don't expect fishes from me.

Edited by bepgof

Those BTO are not cheap. Even hard to get.

The latest interesting BTO is the one near punggol mrt. For 5 room, it's $450k. Almost half-million for an hdb at far-faraway land.

Those BTO are not cheap. Even hard to get.

The latest interesting BTO is the one near punggol mrt. For 5 room, it's $450k. Almost half-million for an hdb at far-faraway land.

Younger generation has been "brain washed" to possess resources efficiently with conditions in term of : FRESH, CHEAP, BIG & CONVENIENCE. Anythings that not fall within these targetted "4 iterms" = DON"T WANT! Mr. Mah & Dr. Ng should work hand in hand to do another round of "brain storming". These ppl want to eat "fish flesh", others eat "fish bones". Basically, they have not experience the time when they must eat "tree's root" to stay alive. Why? Too many choices available! They just merely want the best out of the best because the schools have taught them so!

The "started from basic" philiosophy and truth has been thrown far behing them, already "outdated", just by "daydreaming" and "making noises" to get attention, "stupidly wish" to become the "dragon" and "phonix" the next day!.

Singapore is really small lah, one must travel overseas then his eyes and mouth will be opened big big, then the "far-faraway" thinking will be redefined. I took flights 26hr without seeing a bed, 2hr flight over Brazilian jungles, looked down all "green green", 8hr ferry from shore to offshore platform (Gulf of Thailand), 8hr ride from Taipei to Tainan, 12 hr car ride from Manila airport to a little town near to Yellow Sea. 7hr car ride from Incheon to Busan (Korea)......I'm lucky, have opportunities to truly understand what is called "博大精深,天外有天

On efficiency and effectiveness. Remembered when I was young, it usually took 2 wk's continuoeus raining to have "flood". Now, 2hours only, flood comes, truely very "efficient" and "effective". Singapore school text bk should capture this to explain what is efficient. Soory hor, old man like to gumble a lot.

Edited by bepgof

Younger generation has been "brain washed" to possess resources efficiently with conditions in term of : FRESH, CHEAP, BIG & CONVENIENCE. Anythings that not fall within these targetted "4 iterms" = DON"T WANT! Mr. Mah & Dr. Ng should work hand in hand to do another round of "brain storming". These ppl want to eat "fish flesh", others eat "fish bones". Basically, they have not experience the time when they must eat "tree's root" to stay alive. Why? Too many choices available! They just merely want the best out of the best because the schools have taught them so!

The "started from basic" philiosophy and truth has been thrown far behing them, already "outdated", just by "daydreaming" and "making noises" to get attention, "stupidly wish" to become the "dragon" and "phonix" the next day!.

Singapore is really small lah, one must travel overseas then his eyes and mouth will be opened big big, then the "far-faraway" thinking will be redefined. I took flights 26hr without seeing a bed, 2hr flight over Brazilian jungles, looked down all "green green", 8hr ferry from shore to offshore platform (Gulf of Thailand), 8hr ride from Taipei to Tainan, 12 hr car ride from Manila airport to a little town near to Yellow Sea. 7hr car ride from Incheon to Busan (Korea)......I'm lucky, have opportunities to truly understand what is called "博大精深,天外有天

On efficiency and effectiveness. Remembered when I was young, it usually took 2 wk's continuoeus raining to have "flood". Now, 2hours only, flood comes, truely very "efficient" and "effective". Singapore school text bk should capture this to explain what is efficient. Soory hor, old man like to gumble a lot.

obviously those getting flats for the first time today are born in a different era. They are accustommed to a better life, so anything that goes wrong, they will complain.

as a matter of fact, HDB is set up to solve a housing problem. Today, HDB is a great source of income and a powerful political tool. Likewise, a flat today is very different from a flat 20 years ago.

Hence, no need to compare now and last time... its a whole different game, different rules apply.

Its always funny why people like to compare Singapore with other places...we are uniquely Singapore...or some say "u need lee Singapore".... We are amazed when we go to their country, and be sure they would be amazed when they come to ours. Banned chewing gum, no smoking, no littering, etc...

while some travel extensively enough to discover how fortunate we are, please do not forget that for the convenience of mrt, electricity, safe country, nice food, etc... we too have our woes...we too have our hardships (though a lot of which are self inflicted)

So the game (of HDB purchase) is set by govt, play by its rules. Though the rules keep changing. :P

The important thing is to know the rules, know the life u want to lead.