Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
payton

Can This Be Hacked?

Can someone help me with this?

I always wanted to do an open concept kitchen but i realize that the wall in floor plan is highlighted in black.

Is it possible to hack away this wall? If not possible, is there any other alternative?

Floorplan

Edited by payton

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I always wanted to do an open concept kitchen but i realize that the wall in floor plan is highlighted in black.

Is it possible to hack away this wall? If not possible, is there any other alternative?

Floorplan

No, cannot hack that.. I too wanted to do that but it'd go into the bomb shelter.. pity.. Wish government would give us better areas.. :(

Beams - transfer the floor loading to the supporting columns

-continuous beam experienced tension

1)at the top over the support

2)at the bottom in the mid span

-beams supported by other beams are secondary beams.

Floorplan

Nope. You can't hack that wall. But if you want an open concept kitchen, you can remove the wall perpendicular to it, though the effect is not as nice. A thing to note is that if you intend to sell your flat later on, hacking the walls might not be a good choice as buyers would rather the flat remains as "original" as possible so that they can create their home sweet home. Just my 5 cents worth : )