Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thattrader

5i Serangoon North

sorry din see your blog till ossify pointed out to me...silly me

hope that your reno journey will be as smooth as your trading... :)

no need to apologise man...i don't even know how to post pictures properly.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Bro

How's ur ID selection progress coming? selected ur ID liao boh?

Hi hippobb,

still choosing...a long hard road of out ****.

Doing up spreadsheets and stuff trying to keep in within 35k while still doing an overhaul. Will be doing some independent un-scientific tests on Pergo, Supreme and Berry laminates. Stay tuned.

thattrader

Hi hippobb,

Doing up spreadsheets and stuff trying to keep in within 35k while still doing an overhaul. Will be doing some independent un-scientific tests on Pergo, Supreme and Berry laminates. Stay tuned.

thattrader

whar bro... sounds intensive... remember to include water test on the laminates too... ie wet the laminate and then see if it will shrink after drying .... btw r u going to overlay the laminates over the existing tiles?

Hi hippobb,

thattrader

I find that quite often cost overrun in renovation. Hence, may be safer to put in a 20% buffer in budgeting.

whar bro... sounds intensive... remember to include water test on the laminates too... ie wet the laminate and then see if it will shrink after drying .... btw r u going to overlay the laminates over the existing tiles?

yea water is my biggest worry...I will do 2 tests: 1st one is i will put a few drops of water in the groove and see how it responds. For the 2nd test, i will soak the entire laminate sample.

yes, i am laminating over existing tiles. Do u have a bad experience doing that?

thattrader

I find that quite often cost overrun in renovation. Hence, may be safer to put in a 20% buffer in budgeting.

thanks lee, will keep that in mind.

In order to save costs, i am thinking of leaving the current Kitchen Wall tiles which are covered by the kitchen cabinets as is, and only replacing tiles of the exposed parts. Is this advisable?

thattrader

Yesterday was supposed to be the official date, but due to the leaking ceiling in the toilet, I have postponed the handover. According to the HDB resale officer, the seller will liaise with the HDB Technical Officer to inspect the toilet ceiling to confirm that the ceiling is indeed leaking.

Anybody had similar experience?

Below are some of the pictures that I took of both the common toilet ceiling and the MBR toilet ceiling. Hope it comes out...

toiletceiling3.th.jpg

toiletceiling2.th.jpg

toiletceiling5.th.jpg

toiletceiling1.th.jpg

Yesterday was supposed to be the official date, but due to the leaking ceiling in the toilet, I have postponed the handover. According to the HDB resale officer, the seller will liaise with the HDB Technical Officer to inspect the toilet ceiling to confirm that the ceiling is indeed leaking.

Anybody had similar experience?

Below are some of the pictures that I took of both the common toilet ceiling and the MBR toilet ceiling. Hope it comes out...

toiletceiling3.th.jpg

toiletceiling2.th.jpg

toiletceiling5.th.jpg

toiletceiling1.th.jpg

Bro,

I also got the similar toilet leaking issues .... very troublesome... first either the seller needs to settle it with the upstairs neighbour or in some cases the seller will pay you the money and u settle it with the upstairs neighbour...

then.. in order for goverment to give u the subsidy which is HDB pays for 50%, u pay 25% and ur upstairs neighbour pays 25% and ur upstairs neighbour will get the most out of it - a new toilet ... either the seller or u need (in ur case better ask seller to do it) to go to ur MP and get a letter from ur MP ... then with this letter HDB will contact their own 3rd party contractor to do the work...

the 25% is roughly about 250+ bucks... and that is provided ur upstairs neighbour is willing to accept the charges... (actually most pple will accept the cost ...cos they are the ones who will benefit)

always try to make it official.... do not go and engage a 3rd party contractor urself or do not let ur neighbour engage a 3rd party contractor themselves...

Hope it helps...

Edited by hippobb

also bro..

if its the flooring crack in the waterproof cement screed... then the responsibility lies with HDB.... but if the leak is caused by the piping then I think the responsibility lies with town council and not hdb...

then.. in order for goverment to give u the subsidy which is HDB pays for 50%, u pay 25% and ur upstairs neighbour pays 25% and ur upstairs neighbour will get the most out of it - a new toilet ... either the seller or u need (in ur case better ask seller to do it) to go to ur MP and get a letter from ur MP ... then with this letter HDB will contact their own 3rd party contractor to do the work...

thanks hippobb...very useful information. What is the visiting of the MP for?

thanks hippobb...very useful information. What is the visiting of the MP for?

to get the MP to write u a letter requesting for governement to give u subsidy for ur toilet issue so that u can present this to HDB.... otherwise u will need to fork out 50% and ur upstairs neighbour 50%...

also bro..

if its the flooring crack in the waterproof cement screed... then the responsibility lies with HDB.... but if the leak is caused by the piping then I think the responsibility lies with town council and not hdb...

thanks again hippobb. The sellers are a nasty piece of work, actually it is just the daughter making things unpleasant and creating a lot of little inconveniences for us. Since our handover date was supposed to be on the 18 August 2010, and HDB and the sellers seem to be dragging their feet, I have decided to ask my lawyers to claim from the sellers the Late Completion Interest. Anybody here have any experience with this?