Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
porkypoky

Shld I Get Contractor To Re-paint

Our contractor started our simple reno with painting which I understand should have been the last thing to do. Now that everything is almost complete, we noticed alot of patches (hand prints, dots of black paint from the door varnish etc) on the wall due to the reno works.

We suggested that the contractor re-paint the house but he told us that touch up will suffice. The contractor had already did a touch up but we still see patches on the walls and are worried that there will be uneven tone on the walls.

Should we insist that the contractor re-paint our house?

Appreciate all advice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Our contractor started our simple reno with painting which I understand should have been the last thing to do. Now that everything is almost complete, we noticed alot of patches (hand prints, dots of black paint from the door varnish etc) on the wall due to the reno works.

We suggested that the contractor re-paint the house but he told us that touch up will suffice. The contractor had already did a touch up but we still see patches on the walls and are worried that there will be uneven tone on the walls.

Appreciate all advice.

Door varnish should be done last ... after reno work and cleaning up of the premises .. UNEVEN TONE IS DUE TO TOUCH UP OF PAINT ... wHAT I ADVISE TO DO IS TO ASK THE CONTRACTOR TO REPAINT THE WHOLE PIECE OF UNEVENE TONE WALL ...

i AM A CONTRACTOR MYSELF AND THIS IS WHAT I WILL DO IF THERE IS A UNEVEN TONE WALL

cHEERS

Door varnish should be done last ... after reno work and cleaning up of the premises .. UNEVEN TONE IS DUE TO TOUCH UP OF PAINT ... wHAT I ADVISE TO DO IS TO ASK THE CONTRACTOR TO REPAINT THE WHOLE PIECE OF UNEVENE TONE WALL ...

i AM A CONTRACTOR MYSELF AND THIS IS WHAT I WILL DO IF THERE IS A UNEVEN TONE WALL

cHEERS

Really appreciate the advice. As we changed the colour of our door, the contractor started with the doors but they took more than 2 weeks to do it and we are unhappy with the end result as it is not to our expectations. We see parts of matt & shine on the door.

As for the painting, the contractor seems unwilling to re-paint the house and insist that a touch up is sufficient though we insist that we want the place re-paint. :(

Is painting normally done after all reno works are done?

Sorry, this may be a little off-topic, but I'm thinking of repainting a room and was wondering how much that would cost me? Anyone has any idea how much I should set aside to get an entire bedroom repainted? Thanks!

Sorry, this may be a little off-topic, but I'm thinking of repainting a room and was wondering how much that would cost me? Anyone has any idea how much I should set aside to get an entire bedroom repainted? Thanks!

The painter that my contractor got told me its 1.2k for 4 rm flat and 600 if exclude paint.

Sorry cant help you if you are looking at only painting a room. Why don you DIY since its a room...

Really appreciate the advice. As we changed the colour of our door, the contractor started with the doors but they took more than 2 weeks to do it and we are unhappy with the end result as it is not to our expectations. We see parts of matt & shine on the door.

As for the painting, the contractor seems unwilling to re-paint the house and insist that a touch up is sufficient though we insist that we want the place re-paint. :(

Is painting normally done after all reno works are done?

Undercoat done first and finishing coat before the installation of carpentary ...

The painter that my contractor got told me its 1.2k for 4 rm flat and 600 if exclude paint.

Sorry cant help you if you are looking at only painting a room. Why don you DIY since its a room...

Thanks for your reply. I'm not really good with this sort of thing, that's why I thought of engaging a pro to do it.

Good luck with your place! :)

Edited by MichaelK

Appreciate all advice.

Have your paid full? If not, get them to do it till u r satisfied.

I got a feeling your contractor will disappear once balance fully paid.

Have your paid full? If not, get them to do it till u r satisfied.

I got a feeling your contractor will disappear once balance fully paid.

Yet to pay him full. We spoke to him last nite and he kept saying that touch up the walls will be good. He said I don need to re-paint. If i want to re-paint, he will charge me $500!!!!!! Really angry with him. I told him that I can engage a painter for $100, only then he told me that I can pay his painter $100 for the job too... Ridiculous....

Juz found out that he spoilt our room doors by doing the wrong procedure of varnish. We see patches of shine & matt on all our doors. We told him and he simply told us 'no solution. will give you discount as compensation'!!!!!

I will definitely lodge a complain about him to BCA.

Well, seems like your contractor is quite "unfriendly" and irresponsible. But from my experience and what i heard. Painting is done before the reno, then touch-up is done after the reno. Reason is that after reno, all your cupboards, wardrobe is in place, hence, it is firstly difficult to paint the corners, edges and not damaging your reno. Secondly, possible paint marks on your new reno.

However, having said that, i do think it is still possible to paint after your reno. Just have to get a careful painter to do it i guess...