Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Semei

Anyone Stay In Simei?

just moved in recently, are your stayng here?

can share your experience relating to living at this small housing estate, eg how to short cut to Tampines, Spore Expo, or even to Bedok (not taking MRT or bus), any good foods here, any place to go besides East Point mall, where to go the nearest market say Tampines (no market here) etc.

i enjoy the foods and atmosphere at Happy Arts Vegetarian Café, price is reasonable and operate from morning to night and air-con also.

in fact, this is a quiet place compared to neighbouring estate like Tampines or Bedok, also here is quite near to airport and Pasir Ris.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

surprised to know that not many people stay in simei.

just found out that from here to tampines just take about 30 min by following the MRT tracks, but you must know which overbridge to cross (there are three here).

in fact you can go from tampines to bedok, pasir ris, or seng kang (both weekend only) by taking free shuttle bus.

then you also can go to spore expo by walking the simei park conector.

if you got time, you dont need to take mrt or bus so can save money.

surprised to know that not many people stay in simei.

just found out that from here to tampines just take about 30 min by following the MRT tracks, but you must know which overbridge to cross (there are three here).

in fact you can go from tampines to bedok, pasir ris, or seng kang (both weekend only) by taking free shuttle bus.

then you also can go to spore expo by walking the simei park conector.

if you got time, you dont need to take mrt or bus so can save money.

Simei is a nice estate. I used to stay at Simei Green, the EC, from 1999 (when I first got married) till (2009) when we got our kids to River Valley Primary School. Now my condo is rented out to a Korean family and we have settled down at Delta Avenue.

Some tips for you:

- Bus 38 will bring you to Bedok (west-bound) and Tampines (east-bound). In between you could drop by and visit Expo.

- If you want to buy chicken breast (to cook soup, maybe), get it from the stall that sells pork and chicken instead of NTUC. It's cheaper there (approx. $2.50 per breast).

- The Chinese rojak at the last coffee shop is expensive but not nice, avoid.

- There is a garden near block 227. Can see but cannot pluck the veg there.

- There is a table tennis table at the block facing Simei Road. Table tennis table is hard to come by so once a while I will come back here to play table tennis.

What else do you want to know?