Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yeo99

My Little Home At Tamines

hi yeo99, between the kitchen area and living room area, is it the wall prefabricated? because i saw there's no drop into ur kitchen, so i guess probably ur layout is same as mine.

Actually i wanted to hack the wall and make it as open concept but my ID told me that 凶多吉少 cannot hack.

If u die die want, can. Do at ur own risk. U can do anything u want but dun get caught. If kena caught u have to make good.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
do u find them good? what's ur review on the nyatoh doors

thanks for the respond

Just some reviews and comments, I have no problem with the quality of the doors. Veneer door I guess can not be varnish again when it get old and dirty, but the ntatoh door can. Correct me if I am wrong.

hi yeo99, between the kitchen area and living room area, is it the wall prefabricated? because i saw there's no drop into ur kitchen, so i guess probably ur layout is same as mine.

Actually i wanted to hack the wall and make it as open concept but my ID told me that 凶多吉少 cannot hack.

It is better to check with HDB on this, my flat I think can not be hacked as it is a perfab flat (I never ask the HDB).

Anyway, for open concept kitchen, it looks bright and space and it brings light to the living room. However, you need to maintain the cleanliness and neatness of the kitchen, so that it is not so messy and things are well arranged and organised. If not, it will look untidy and messy from the living room. So you need to spend time not only to clean but also to arrange nicely every time after cooking.

Hope you have a smooth reno.

Wish everyone a happy chinese new year.

Edited by yeo99

Sofa Cushions:

Brought 6 cushions from the neighborhood shops (3 pcs for $10) and the cushion cover from Isetan and BHG. The flower type is $8.80/two pcs from Isetan and the Zen type (centre bar) is $9.90/pcs (i think, I loss the receipt) from BHG.

img0484ye.jpg

img0487os.jpg

All ready for Chinese New Year.

After Chinese New Year, look for a fish tank and maybe a carpet and wall deco if there is nice ones.......

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR, everyone!!!!!!!

sad! ald confirmed from the HDB technical team, just like u said, it's a concrete and prefab wall. have to rethink the ideas and mostly i may be stealing from urs, hope u dont have the copy rights. hehehe...

i noticed that u dint take the pic of ur storeroom, can u post some? thanks

I do not have any copy right, maybe should apply one.... Just joking...

The storeroom is in it's original condition, I just paint the wall, the door and door frame are changed, similar to the bedroom door and frame. I brought a Ikea rack, it is post in post # 46.

Are your new flat in tampines too?

my resale at tampines blk 8xx. probably when my reno starts, i'll be writing my own reno blog. excited!

and i have question about the door frame, i'm not sure wanna hack or not? can u gimme some suggestion cos i wanted to change my door into veneer type

I hack the door frame because it have been painted many times, and it is very difficult to remove the paints and it looks uneven even with the new paints. Furthermore, I want to seal up the top of the frame with concrete blocks. As for veneer door, I guess it should look more class.

Edited by yeo99

hi yeo, how many lighting points ur using in ur L box living room, cos my ID gimme 12 points, and i think they are way too much.

what brand ur using for the PLC downlight and how much? thank you

Living room's and Kitchen's Lights

I used 8 light points (4 on each side) and one fan point, no cove lighting. I am used 2*18W (I think) for each light point. It is bright enough. The down light is brought from lighting.com, not sure about the brand. It is cheaper than the Philips down light that used the energy-saving light bulbs, the price is $24 per pcs plus bulbs. I spend $304 for 8 downlights in the living room and two circular lights in the kitchen.

Living room Down light:

img2979o.jpg

img2978iq.jpg

Kitchen light:

img2980h.jpg

I choose circular light because it is easily to find the light bubs (40W).

Edited by yeo99

FengShui - Locate and Corner your wealth in the Living room

1) To find your own wealth area in your living room:

The wealth corner is located at 45 degrees (on left or right side) of the main door to the opposite end of the living room.

For my case:

fengs.jpg

2) Place some wealth-enhancing artifacts, like an amethyst crystal cave, gold ingots or coins, and a healthy, lush green plants at this corner.

For my case: Coins and a healthy, lush green plant (see my previous postings)

3) This is not the only method, there are other methods around.

4) Remember that money is never enough. You need to donate if there is excess cash... for your next life.

Edited by yeo99

img3000m0.jpg

hi yeo.. may i know how's your white kitchen cabinet? is it laminated? just wondering if it'll turn yellowish as u mention in the beginning. thx..

hi yeo.. may i know how's your white kitchen cabinet? is it laminated? just wondering if it'll turn yellowish as u mention in the beginning. thx..

The kitchen cabinet is laminated with EDL laminates, the color used is Gray Hugo from the Stardust series. It is grey in color with shinny silver things inside the laminate. Very lasting modern look with glossy surface.

grayhugo.jpg

We decided not to use white because it need regular cleaning, very easy to sport dirty parts when it is not clean properly. Secondly, we cook quite offen, 4-5 times in a week for dinner, so cannot affort everyday cleaning like crazy. Offen the white laminate will turn yellowish because of oil stains.

2 tier 2 feet Fish Tanks

Last few weeks, we are busy re-arranging the foyer area infront of the main door, we have removed the old cabinet and get a 2-tier 2 feets tanks. Cycled the tanks for 4 weeks before increasing the number of fishes in the tanks, the tanks are now mature with zero ammonia and zero nitrite.

img0493ao.jpg

img0492eg.jpg

Top tank:

img0499yn.jpg

Bottom tank:

img0503hl.jpg

Edited by yeo99

the fish tanks look much nicer than the cabinet that was there before. good choice!

Thanks. Will update the locations/shops that sell cheap and reasonable prices fishes and accessories later.

Fish Shop - Sea View Aquarium

One of the recommended fish shops is

Sea View Aquarium (Singapore) Pte Ltd

2 Seletar West Farmway 2, Singapore 798098

Tel : 6482 0733

They give 15% discounts on aquarium accessories if the purchase more than $10.

‎They also give 10% discounts on aquarium fishes if the purchase on fishes more than $10. They only sell freshwater fish. Hope they sell both marine and freshwater fishes in the future.

Only disadvantage is the location at Jalan Kayu, its location is a bit out of place, maybe need a car to go there or you need to walk about 100m from the main road Jalan Kayu..

Sea View location

Washing Machine Table

It have been some time since the last post, finally I find a suitable table with black glass top to put below the washing machine and also purchase a laundry bin from ikea.

img0524hn.jpg

img0530ic.jpg

img0529.jpg

Only thing still looking is the suitable dinning table to replace the wooden cabinet position..... Hope to find it soon.

Also to some re-arrangement on the living room, will post some another days.

Edited by yeo99

V nice reno you had there ...

I have a 3 rm flat same as yours and I am thinking of doing simple reno too. Kitchen, bathrooms and also the floor laminate for the whole house.

Can I have the breakdown of the things you had done for a guide? Thanks! :yamseng: