Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yeo99

My Little Home At Tamines

After sales service by Flooroption:

Last Sat, doing a DIY in the living room, accidently damage the Pergo laminate flooring with about 2cm diameter hole due to the dropping of the electrical drill....... so unluckily..... :(

Call Cardin on Monday (yesterday) morning to see what he can do about it. Very fast, the site supervisor from Floor Option calls me to arrange a site visit on today morning at 9.30am. At that time, I am willing to pay for the repair as this is not covered by the warranty.

According to my wife at home today, the man comes with a piece of laminate flooring and repair it on the spot within 20 minutes. Most important is it is FOC... :o

Excellecent after-sales service from Floor option! Highly recommended.

Damaged floor:

img3072vi.jpg

Edited by yeo99

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
After sales service by Flooroption:

Last Sat, doing a DIY in the living room, accidently damage the Pergo laminate flooring with about 2cm diameter hole due to the dropping of the electrical drill....... so unluckily..... :(

Call Cardin on Monday (yesterday) morning to see what he can do about it. Very fast, the site supervisor from Floor Option calls me to arrange a site visit on today morning at 9.30am. At that time, I am willing to pay for the repair as this is not covered by the warranty.

According to my wife at home today, the man comes with a piece of laminate flooring and repair it on the spot within 20 minutes. Most important is it is FOC... :o

Excellecent after-sales service from Floor option! Highly recommended.

Damaged floor:

img3072vi.jpg

Glad to hear flooroptions has good after sale services :)

However, isn't there supposed to be extra 10% wastage that they'll hand over to you if they didn't use all of the laminates?

Glad to hear flooroptions has good after sale services :)

However, isn't there supposed to be extra 10% wastage that they'll hand over to you if they didn't use all of the laminates?

I have the extra laminate at home, instead of using my extras, they bring their own laminate for the repair.

Ask them to cut the used laminate to smaller pieces so that you can use those small pieces for the bases of your furnitures such as table, TV console, etc to prevent any damage of the laminate at the legs of the furnitures.

I have the extra laminate at home, instead of using my extras, they bring their own laminate for the repair.

Ask them to cut the used laminate to smaller pieces so that you can use those small pieces for the bases of your furnitures such as table, TV console, etc to prevent any damage of the laminate at the legs of the furnitures.

Oh... that's nice of them :)

Will try to remember that when I have my furniture delivered hee...

DIY - TV frame decoration using Swarovski Crystals:

Brought some Swarovski crystals from the DIY shop to do TV frame decoration, same as you would do the photo frame decoration. Idea comes from SONY photo frame.

Try to come out with something different.... This is the final product, not the best but ok lah :P ..... I do not have the artistic talent :( ....

Next time will try do better.. Maybe some forumers will do much better with this DIY

img0411t.jpg

img0413em.jpg

The DIY flower arrangement is inter-changed with the plant ("iron tree") due to feng sui. That corner is the feng sui location, so cannot put fake flowers at that corner.

Will talk about DIY - feng sui next time after I have learnt more :D ......

Edited by yeo99

LED Strip:

Recieved the LED strip from Hong Kong yesterday, it is 3 m long and I just tested it and it is working fine.

Will be installing it this week..

img0414r.jpg

Wa, the mirror top of the tv console need to be more koot lat to keep it dust free……

It is very easy to maintain, same as maintaining any mirror or glass. With newspapers, it can be easily cleaned.

Normally, how long do you clean your mirror in the bathroom?

Edited by yeo99

It is very easy to maintain, same as maintaining as mirror or glass. With newspapers, it can be easily cleaned.

Normally, how long do you clean your mirror in the bathroom?

Usually give it a shower spray n wipe off…:)

Hi how much did u buy the 3m led lights for? what model?

It is about $45 for 3 meter led strip, controller with remote and the power supply included shipping cost. The LED strip is a RGB 5050 type , it can change color through remote control, it create a kind of mood lighting (very similar to the philips mood lighting called "LivingColors Mini LED lamp"). Furthermore, it is dimmable.

5050 means size of the LED (the length = 5.0mm and the width = 5.0mm).

I am planning to install it at the back of the TV console, so that it lights up the background of the TV and TV console, I brought a non-waterproof type and the LED is 30LEDs/meter. It is bright enough to create a mood environment as I have tested it. This type of lighting is called indirect lighting so I do not brought 60 LEDs/meter type. 60LEDs/meter is very expensive (it is about 2 time the 30LEDs/meter type). I think 60LEDs/meter is not required because it is secondary lighting and indirect lighting. My primary lighting is the down light and it is direct.

For the 30 LEDs/meter, the power consumption is about 7.2W per meter; so for 3 meter, it will be 21.6W (60LEDs/meter will be twice the power consumption).

Waterproof type is needed only if you are installing it near the floor or at the kitchen when it will be in contact with water through cleaning or mopping of floors. So for my case it is at the back of the TV console, so it will not come into the contact of water and furthermore the waterpoof type is slightly more expensive. Save money loh so buy the non-waterproof type .... :D

Will post the pictures soon......

Edited by yeo99

Usually give it a shower spray n wipe off…:)

Only possible if donot have vanity cabinet, mine cannot do that in the masterbed room, only possible in the common toilet ..... :)

LED Strip installed at the back of the TV Console:

Usung the 3M tape provided in the LED strip installed it at the back of the TV console:

img0417jz.jpg

At day time with Red LED light:

img0459if.jpg

At night time with Blue LED light:

img0434a.jpg

At the side of the console with Green LED light:

img0462vj.jpg

Hi Yeo,

Very nice of the led lights, thinking of getting those led downlights from ebay too, not too sure about the quality only.

Will start my reno only after CNY, then i will post pics of the lights, most prob only in end march.

Mine until now, have no problem since I installed it on monday night. I have been switching it on for more than 18 hours per day because of fengsui, that corner needs to have light... :D .

You need a good power supply, the controller can drive LEDs upto 6A, so should not have problem as long you donot over-load it.

Edited by yeo99

how much u pay for the door, do them call as classic or vaneer?

The price is in post number 133, it is $280 per door included the lever lock, the door written in the quotation stated as solid naytoh-ply wooden door. Not sure what they are called.

hi yeo99, between the kitchen area and living room area, is it the wall prefabricated? because i saw there's no drop into ur kitchen, so i guess probably ur layout is same as mine.

Actually i wanted to hack the wall and make it as open concept but my ID told me that 凶多吉少 cannot hack.

I notice you had been asking around about the prefabricated wall.

If HDB say cannot hack, that's nothing you can do.

No constructor will dare to over write HDB unless they don't want their license.

Cannot b'coz of your open concept design and ignore the whole building safety