Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yeo99

My Little Home At Tamines

Love your mosaics,

Little did i realise that it would chalk up so much money to have this pretty little things on your walls. :o

For the phase 1,

To top up for mosaic tile for kitchen wall between the top and bottom cabinets - $150.00

For the phase 2,

To top up for mosaic tile for Common toilets (9pcs @$12/sqft) - $115.00

To top up for mosaic tile for Master toilets (3pcs @$15/sqft) - $48.00

This is on top of the normal tiling quotations ($3/sqft tiles).

I think the price is ok for the top-up to create a nicer look as a whole.

Edited by yeo99

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Common toilet:

Near completion condition of Common toilet:

img2666f.jpg

img2670g.jpg

img2663j.jpg

There will some rectifications, painting and acid washing needed and also the bi-fold door is not yet installed. Will post some pictures once fully-completed.

CHio leh... :D

Edited by fencer

Tiles selection on Master toilet:

img2687j.jpg

img26881.jpg

Black tiles are for the shower area.

The brown tiles are for the washing basin and "business" area.

Tiles selection on Master toilet Enterance:

img2695ci.jpg

Tiles selection on Main Door Enterance Foyer:

img2698p.jpg

The front enterance portion is hacked and re-tiled with tiles to serve as a safety zone for water/rain coming from windows and main door.

Edited by yeo99

Laminate Flooring for Living room and bedrooms:

img2691sa.jpg

The Aged Oak (dark brown)is for the living room, it is AC 5.

The Acacia (light brown) is for the bedrooms, it is AC 3.

We get the Pergo laminate floor from Cardin HP:9220 8738 from Floor Option, He is a very friendly guy. Cardin can work out somethings for you if you are really interested.

Floor Option Pte Ltd

512 Sims Avenue

near Lor 35 Geylang

Singapore Singapore 387572 Singapore

Phone No : +65 6348 0078

Change the color of the laminate floorings a few time in order to match the tiles and concept of the finishings.

a. The matching with the tile in living room foyer:

img2693m.jpg

b. The matching with the tile in master bedrooms

img2692nx.jpg

Edited by yeo99

Kitchen Tile Selection:

During the hacking of the common toilet, the kitchen floor tiles are demaged, so after discussion with my wife and the main contractor, we decided to over-lay the kitchen floor. The design of the kitchen tiles is the same as the tile used in the Foyer except it is white in color as compared to grey for the Foyer.

img2699c.jpg

I took the pictures after they have overlay the kitchen tiles, so you can see the background is the new kitchen tiles in most of the pictures that have posted.

Edited by yeo99

Staying in during the renovation

It have been for three weeks since the phase 2 started, we have stayed in throughout the renovation from the hacking, tiling (hacking and tiling takes two weeks) and plastering jobs (plastering take one week).

It is full of dirt and sand, it is like go for reservist for more than a month out in the fields eating dusts and dirt but this is even worst because we are eating cement and white plaster cements and smelling the chemical smells from chemical cements and plasters.

No toilet bowl for the first week due to hacking of both toilets at the same time. If you need to go to do "business", you need to rush down to the coffeeshop in the next few blocks. No shower at all for a week, only clean with wet cloth or go to your relative home to bath.

Common toilet are only ready on the second week, however no hot shower, cold shower only. Unless pay extra to get the electrican in to fix the water heater. Only hot shower is back to the old days that is with hot water boiled from the kettle. :P

Some of the days there is no electricity to the kitchen and toilet as the sub-contractor taken out the wiring during tiling, have to bath in total darkness....

Some of the furnitures will be gone because of the shifting here and there and full of strains of plaster and dirts, luckly there are old.

Prepared to clean and clean through the renovations, complained once to main contractors to ensure the sub-contractors clean up slightly at the end of the day. Or else you will be shock when you come back from work.

Below is the kitchen after plastering, the right side is very mesy that why I donot take the pictures.

img2714h.jpg

My room:

img2712lm.jpg

Hopefully, all this will come to an end soon two weeks times.

Lessons learnt:

1. You must not have any children when you are staying in during the renovation.

2. Make sure you buy plastic sheets to cover here and there, if not use newspapers.

3. Always open your windows.

4. If you hack the doors and door fames, use a plastic sheet as a door to prevent dirt to go into your sleeping area.

4. If can, move out your things and stay out.

5. Be prepared to live in a situation that you have not stayed before and for a long time...

Edited by yeo99

Just curious, why u need to do ur Reno in stages? If funds are an issue, then shd save up more, delay the Reno n not doing in phases from one to nth. Why the need to go thru so many phases n suffer dusty n noisy conditions?

I believe in "do it once, do it good, and case closed once and for all. Consider your neighbors who have to put up with u lor…

Edited by neubie

Kitchen Tile Selection:

During the hacking of the common toilet, the kitchen floor tiles are demaged, so after discussion with my wife and the main contractor, we decided to over-lay the kitchen flow. The design of the kitchen tiles is the same as the tile used in the Foyer except it is white in color as compared to grey for the Foyer.

img2699c.jpg

I took the pictures after they have overlay the kitchen tiles, so you can see the background is the kitchen tiles in most of the pictures that have posted.

i used your kitchen tile for my study room and your foyer tile for my master bedroom tile! no regrets! :D

Just curious, why u need to do ur Reno in stages? If funds are an issue, then shd save up more, delay the Reno n not doing in phases from one to nth. Why the need to go thru so many phases n suffer dusty n noisy conditions?

I believe in "do it once, do it good, and case closed once and for all. Consider your neighbors who have to put up with u lor…

After phase 2, I only left the main door and main gate. Will be taking my time on this two items. The carpentry work will be also taking my time.

i used your kitchen tile for my study room and your foyer tile for my master bedroom tile! no regrets! :D

I also hope no regrets. Thanks.

Pre renovation condition of Master bedroom toilet:

img2645n.jpg

img2648vw.jpg

Near Completion condition of Master bedroom toilet:

img2790n.jpg

img2791cq.jpg

Waiting for glass shower screen , box up and vanity cabinet.

Edited by yeo99

Near Completion condition of Master bedroom:

Paint Color:

ICI Wash and Wear -

Morning Dew, WW25748L

Hazelnut, WW22266L

img2785l.jpg

My ceiling fan cum light:

img2789f.jpg

Waiting for acid wash and laminate flooring.

Edited by yeo99

Laminate Flooring for Living room and bedrooms:

img2691sa.jpg

The Aged Oak (dark brown)is for the living room, it is AC 5.

The Acacia (light brown) is for the bedrooms, it is AC 3.

We get the Pergo laminate floor from Cardin HP:9220 8738 from Floor Option, He is a very friendly guy. Cardin can work out somethings for you if you are really interested.

Floor Option Pte Ltd

512 Sims Avenue

near Lor 35 Geylang

Singapore Singapore 387572 Singapore

Phone No : +65 6348 0078

Change the color of the laminate floorings a few time in order to match the tiles and concept of the finishings.

a. The matching with the tile in living room foyer:

img2693m.jpg

b. The matching with the tile in master bedrooms

img2692nx.jpg

Change the laminate floorings for the bedrooms to Robina AC4, Euroline E11 to better match the color scheme on the bedrooms.

robina.jpg

Edited by yeo99