Master bedroom toilet.

1. Original HDB version.

mastertoilet1.jpg

2. Upgraded draft version.

P1080130.jpg

3. Final version.

IMG_5274.jpg

Hi Floppy,

Kung Xi Fa Cai! Your master bathroom is really lovely, a complete transformation! I particularly like the lighting for the mirror. How have you done this and could you take a close up photo of one side of this lighting fixture?

Thanks

RMG

Hi Floppy,

Kung Xi Fa Cai! Your master bathroom is really lovely, a complete transformation! I particularly like the lighting for the mirror. How have you done this and could you take a close up photo of one side of this lighting fixture?

Thanks

RMG

As per request.

IMG_1215.jpg

TV console.

IMG_5253.jpg

IMG_5261.jpg

simple yet beautiful..hey,floppy i want to ask, i saw ur living rm pics , did u ask ur id to make curtain pulmet/pelment (dunno which spelling is correct)?

simple yet beautiful..hey,floppy i want to ask, i saw ur living rm pics , did u ask ur id to make curtain pulmet/pelment (dunno which spelling is correct)?

negative. i didn't do a pelmet for the curtain. while the pelmet is normally used to conceal curtain fixtures, it wasn't necessary (and probably not as nice) in this case because:

1. the top of the curtain touches the ceiling and thus, conceals the curtain tracks (in the drawn/closed position).

2. the 3/4 length windows have (some sort of) casement windows on top. if i asked my contractor to build a pelmet, the windows will feel like being chopped off when the curtains are opened (and it's quite a visual statement).

between the windows being chopped off and the curtain tracks, i rather have the curtain track because it won't create any sort of visual impact. your eyes most probably won't even notice the tracks being there.

Edited by floppy

Close up of the sofa in the living room.

IMG_5246.jpg

Still need a couple of finishing touches to complete the living room, such as a carpet. Anyone with good recommendations for affordable and good carpet, please let me know.

Edited by floppy

ugly toilet bowl, ugly toilet tiles

now is incredible! def. worth ur $

is amazing how japan prdts always look better than hdb copied version.

ugwc_9f7_ub7oz.jpg

and how the workers took time n effort to lay different tiles according to "pattern" which is plain ugly.

Looks like HDB conned us. The brochure pic was something like this. But the end product we got was a water cooler type. :curse:

Anyway, nice Reno floppy! Still trying to convince my wife to change the ugly toilet bowl. :D

Hi,

First of all, let me say that you kitchen looks very nice. Congratulations! :dribble::yamseng:

I have some Qs:

1) what is the purpose of hacking the wall btw the kitchen and living room?

2) How to survive with so limited storage space in the kitchen? My current kitchen in my old home is at least twice

the size that of the new kitchen. I cook everyday leh. Where do you store all the kitchen stuff? :bangwall:

Many thanks/

some sneak pics.

to recap: my kitchen - work in progress.

P1080128.jpg

after a long and arduous renovation: my kitchen - completed.

IMG_5227.jpg

Looks like HDB conned us. The brochure pic was something like this. But the end product we got was a water cooler type. :curse:

Anyway, nice Reno floppy! Still trying to convince my wife to change the ugly toilet bowl. :D

Thanks insane. Tell your wife, it's 101% worth it. Probably one of the best decisions that I have taken with regard to the reno. It doesn't cost much (unless you are going for one of those super ex set) but the transformation is amazing. The entire master bedroom toilet feels very different now, a lot more inviting and definitely nicer.

Hi,

First of all, let me say that you kitchen looks very nice. Congratulations! :dribble::yamseng:

I have some Qs:

1) what is the purpose of hacking the wall btw the kitchen and living room?

2) How to survive with so limited storage space in the kitchen? My current kitchen in my old home is at least twice

the size that of the new kitchen. I cook everyday leh. Where do you store all the kitchen stuff? :bangwall:

Many thanks/

1) there are many ways of seemingly having a large kitchen. the most expensive method: get a new house with a larger kitchen. the cheapest method: introduce light to the room to make it appear larger than it actually is. lesson pick up from interior design 101: dark rooms always feel smaller than rooms that are well lit. since the amount of natural light in the kitchen is pathetic in the first place, the wall was hacked to let in more natural light. in addition, the glass wall allows the eyes to roam beyond the walls, eliminating a 'visual stop'. hence, the eyes tell the brain that the kitchen is bigger than it really is because there isn't a 'full stop' to the space, and vice versa when viewed from the other way round (p/s: mirror works on the same theory and does the same trick to the eyes).

2) the flat is designed with a simple mantra, less is more. same goes for the kitchen and that's why you see limited storage space. i believe it's human nature to gather stuff and honestly, 80% of the stuff stored would probably never see the light at the end of the tunnel. if you try limiting yourself to 10 items that you absolutely cannot live without, you'll realise how much stuff you never use but simply want to hoard. imho, when you have more space, you only fill it up with more useless stuff. so, having less space cause you to think about what you need and what you want, as opposed to what to hide where.

Edited by floppy

Hey floppy, where do you get the white plastic that hide the LED strip from view?

I'm not sure which plastic you are referring to. The LED is hidden inside a frame (with the [ shape).