Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
user123

Can We Bargain With Id On The Quotation?

Hi,

I wonder can we actually bargain on the total price quoted by the ID?

I realised a few ID that I went, the never offer to give discount on the price, but keep cutting here and there to reduce the price to match my budget.

Is it normal practice that their quote is so call "final" and non-bargainable?

Thanks for input.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think it depends on your ID. But bargaining is definitely the norm.

I went to 3 IDs (which seems so little in comparison with what I read here) and asked all of them for discounts. First one suggested cutting things (cut out completely) from the quote. Another one suggested cutting things out from the quote plus 3.5% off GST (GST is not always charged, very much depends on the company) and the last one gave me a discount and suggested alternatives to the stuff I wanted. This is important as he didn't suggest cutting things out totally but offered me more economical ideas.

In the end I took on the last company even thought their quote was not the cheapest. Comparing what I was quoted on, his was the most value for money.

Hi,

I wonder can we actually bargain on the total price quoted by the ID?

I realised a few ID that I went, the never offer to give discount on the price, but keep cutting here and there to reduce the price to match my budget.

Is it normal practice that their quote is so call "final" and non-bargainable?

Thanks for input.

I use the 1st contractor who offer me the highest quote...Har ?

Because, when further discussion with the cheaper one, I notice a lot of hidden cost.

Also, the 1st contractor offer me realistics thing like why some reno need not be done to save cost, not cut on quality, Finally, he gave me a lump sum discount. Of course, since his is not a GST reg coy. I also save on the 7%

I engaged my previous ID without hesitation, simply "she know me, I know her". She gave lumpsum discount without my asking after listing all items . And at end of reno, I cut part of the retaining money as some portions of work not up to my expectation as I have much earlier mentioned to her and she willingly accepted the cut. I gave her an angbao as my appreciation for her "hardwork" during the reno.

Edited by bepgof