Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Firstly if u need a quotation, you have to ask yourself what is the thing to be done.

Most of those promotion one is standard package and definitely will result in more additional cost incur.

Look for the below blog by one of our members which her post serve as a useful stuff for me to refer:

http://diva79.blogspot.com/2011/03/hidden-costs-in-renovation-quotes.html

All in all, u have to decide what u need to do just like me to state down the things that I want and I send the same requirement to all the ID firm and most responded cos it show u r sincere customer.

If u need a copy of what I sent PM me so that u can reference it.

Currently, my renovation is almost done and will be moving in soon.

Will update my T-BLog once I consolidate all the pictures.

BTW, u r new flat or resale flat.

I am now looking for ID too. Sent a emails enquiries to:

a. **

b. Darwin

c. DesignWorx

d. IdealHouse

Sigh..after 2 days, only ** and Darwin got back to me to ask for floorplan.

Strange, they seem to be able to give a quotation by just looking at floorplan. Dont they need to come up with a proposed design before a quotation can be calculated?

Edited by leeonline2011

Thanks leeonline, you are right, maybe they don't respond to my general inquiries because I didn't send to them the list of the things to be done.

Just pm-you.

Mine is secondhand

samsamwch, i believe you need to write down in details the item that you want to do for your place!

i send my enquires to several ID

1)weiken

2)chew

3)ideal

4)colours

its been 2weeks so far and what i can tell you is that "big" company like 1 & 2 never even get back to me!!!

only ideal n colours get back to me...

maybe big company are not interested in my 40K project!!!

Thanks leeonline, you are right, maybe they don't respond to my general inquiries because I didn't send to them the list of the things to be done.

Just pm-you.

Mine is secondhand

Im looking for contractor, just need to make 8 feet kitchen cabinet and utility room wall with door,someone quoted me 1.5k.

If anyone knows sincere person pass me the contact.

Choosing ID is a very tedious process. Met the following folks on site:

1. IdealHouse - young gentleman, patient. Told me to save wherever i can. confessed that he only knows interior works but cannot help me with the roof terrace. No design ideas yet..waiting

2. Darwin - lady, encouraged me to change my doors and said wardrobes are old fashion and should all be changed. Zero knowledge on roof terrace deckings and trellis. Given me quotation, looks reasonable pricing. No design ideas at all.

3. 9Lives - a set of brothers. Sincere and knowledgeable. Waiting for their design proposal. Don't why one if them keep asking me whether I need to change toilet accessories and the other asked if I want to change light switches.. I thought these are relatively small items.. Let's see.

Should I meet 2 or 3 more?

hi, if you all don't mind can share with me your quotation? currently i only managed to get 3 quotation. there is one i like but abit expensive and they are: #1 ** #2 Brilliant iD #3 Baroque

hi, if you all don't mind can share with me your quotation? currently i only managed to get 3 quotation. there is one i like but abit expensive and they are: #1 ** #2 Brilliant iD #3 Baroque

Sadako00, just PMed you.