Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
user123

Electrical Items From Msia

While we can buy cheaper electrical items in Msia like instant heater, ceiling fans, lightings... etc, but will insurance cover if something wrong with those equipment that causes fire/eletricution ?

I'm not sure if those concern are some sort of scare tactics by the sales person here told me

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
While we can buy cheaper electrical items in Msia like instant heater, ceiling fans, lightings... etc, but will insurance cover if something wrong with those equipment that causes fire/eletricution ?

I'm not sure if those concern are some sort of scare tactics by the sales person here told me

The appliances are not approved in Singapore. To be used in singapore, need to pass some certifications thing.

you can use, but if it's not type-approved by Spring SG, you cannot go for PG testing (sure fail one). FYI, every type approved switch got sticker pasted on the switches.

Hi,

Buying appliance from abroad will have risk, u'll not know whether it's safe for use or not.

Their voltage is also different, Singapore is using 230V and Malaysia is using 240V.

Furthermore these are controlled items.

Items/appliance that are sold in singapore need to be safety tested and must have the safety mark.

So as to ensure that the product/item is safe for use, tats y you seldom see any burnt products/appliance now as compare to years back.

The saleperson is not using scare tactics as he'll trying to let you know.

So why let the insurance company have the excuse of not paying you just because you use a non safety tested product/product without a safety mark. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, whether you wan to pay less and risk or pay a bit more to be safe it's still up to individual.

Hope this helps ;)

Cheers pal :drunk:

yup, dun be penny wise and pound foolish...

if you want to get cheap electronics products online, then, i'd suggest you to go some china electronics online stores from China,you know they're many electronics manufactures in China, if you find a wholesale china store,then, you can get cheaper price there.