Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi guys,

Have read the forum for a 1mth while i am in a serach for a ID/contractor, have went to a few but some no responds and some have weird quotes. Hope you guys are able to advise. Below are the list of ID's we have been too, hope you guys are able to advise, i am doing up everything in my EA at Tampines. Thanks

1) Spacious Planners (IMM) quote 100k

2) Innerview (IMM) quote 60k

3) Image (Ubi) quote 75K

4) Home Interiors (Toa Payoh) quote 60K

5) **** (Ubi) quote 75k

6) HC Interior (Balestier) No response yet

7) Plush Living (Expo) No response yet

8) Future Home (IMM) No response yet

9) Iz (Forum) No response yet

From the listing, we are definitely towards Innerview & Home interior but of course we will wait for other quotes as well. Has anyone used Home Interior or Innerview before, able to comment on their workmanship and service? Any positive/negative feedback is much appreciated. Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

My current ID is not from any of your shortlisted one. But I did considered Inner View (Simon was the ID that I spoke to over there). Inner View was my 2nd choice because it offered good quotations compared to the other 5 that I tried. Simon was also very sincere and prompt. He's such a nice guy that I felt bad about wasting his time since I eventually did not engage him.

Can't comment about their work quality obviously. But thought I'd just share my view about Inner View. Thanks :)

Hi,

Such concidence as last weekend at IMM we had talk to both Inner view n Home interior.

I have spoke to Simon before , in fact just over last weekend... Can feel that he is quite sincere and not pushy as i mention to him that we are only "see see look look" but nevertheless he still care to talk us and share some of his comments about our floorplan.. the type of flooring and etc

Same here as never enagage his services so i can't comment much too.

Home interior guy say that he will do some design n layout according to our floorplan and will get back to us...

He has his own idea as well and very much straight forward as he mention that if we outsource some other items, of course will be cheaper a bit compare to asking hm to take care of everything...

just a few cents of comments....

i would advise u to wait for Plush Living to get back to u. who did u speak to at Plush? do a search on this forum for them. u can read the reviews on them here. frm wat i read, they do good work. i needed to rush my reno so i didn't wait for them.

my current ID is also quite good in terms of his ID expertise, detailing etc. And he also wasn't really upset when i out-sourced a number of stuff cos i told him i'm on a tight budget. and even after i wrote him a quite nasty email, he still was friendly, helpful and all business as usual.

Hi members,

I'm new here, i'm looking for a relible ID for my small flat. My fren advised me to open an account here as thru this site i can get a good ID thru recommendations frm a member. Anyone can recommend a good one? Thanks in advance.

:)

Hi members,

Can anyone recommend good ID or contractors? Much appreciated if u can share with me.. going to get my key soon for my 4rm flat.. Pls share some photos also if don't mind guys..

Cheers!

Hi,

How is Ideal design work ? seems there warranty is 1 year and established in 2006 ?

any feedback on "3q interior design concept" at Jalan Bukit Ho Swee please..

Thanks.

Hi,

How is Ideal design work ? seems there warranty is 1 year and established in 2006 ?

any feedback on "3q interior design concept" at Jalan Bukit Ho Swee please..

Thanks.

can't comment much on ideal design workmanship. But have met up with one of the IDs, johnson and it is disastrous.

first of all you must be comfortable with the id, if not the whole reno will be a nightmare to start with.

most importantly is to do your own homework, get as many quotes as possible.

get a precise quote from the final shortlisted company, as detail as possible on material used.

they like to play with words which is a lesson i learnt from my reno

thanks, Idealistic.

Any idea about "3Q designer" ?

You mean if ID is ok , then work will be good ? what about company standards of work and process they adopt ?

thanks, Idealistic.

Any idea about "3Q designer" ?

You mean if ID is ok , then work will be good ? what about company standards of work and process they adopt ?

Have not heard of 3Q designer

Nope, even if ID is ok, workmanship is uncertain. Bear in mind, ID at the most is project supervisor managing the coordination and give advices. Work wise is determined by worker who are the actual group doing up your house.

View some homes done by them to have a gauge of their workmanship.

And it is up to individuals too. Everyone has different expectations.

Good luck in your search!

Have not heard of 3Q designer

Nope, even if ID is ok, workmanship is uncertain. Bear in mind, ID at the most is project supervisor managing the coordination and give advices. Work wise is determined by worker who are the actual group doing up your house.

View some homes done by them to have a gauge of their workmanship.

And it is up to individuals too. Everyone has different expectations.

Good luck in your search!

quite true. project supervisor is more impt. A relative of mine had his place done up by 3Q interior design & concept, its a fairly big condo in town area. as he was in a rush to move in. he told me the project supervisor actually made it happen despite all the hacking and making good, and co-ordinated everything well, plus over seeing the workmanship.

While the ID from 3Q can actually provide drawings that are not updated, and almost caused a delay in the project.

From what i understand, 3Q has interior designer and project person separately on the project, and the project supervisor is a freelance.

if you are asking about 3Q , i think, the project person (in this case a freelance) is more worth the recommendation than the ID.

I'll be doing up my new home soon, and will consider engaging the same project person to oversee my renovation works.

anybody has good designers to recommend? i will not consider 3Q's.