Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
watchthewaves

Bathtub Shopping

Any suggestions where to go look for freestanding tubs? Or brands to look for? Looking for reasonable quality and price. Eg, Kaldewei too high end.

Also, anyone with experience with acrylic tubs? Do they scratch easily and are difficult to maintain?

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

the shops at balestier have a limited range for view. A lot of the items are in the catalogue. I am also looking for a reasonably priced one around $2k. Went to Axor to take a look...$11k. May try toto. How much are the Kaldewei tubs?

Starts around the Axor pricing you mentioned.

Saw some at the Toto showroom and they have others on catalogue too. They are less expensive, but they are acrylic/fibreglass. That's why I'm trying to find out who has bought tubs made with such materials and how's the experience been.

Starts around the Axor pricing you mentioned.

Saw some at the Toto showroom and they have others on catalogue too. They are less expensive, but they are acrylic/fibreglass. That's why I'm trying to find out who has bought tubs made with such materials and how's the experience been.

i have the toto bathtub at home now...the pearl white finish one with handles. If I could, I would have ripped it out and taken it to my new place. I think it's about $3k.

That's a built in one? How many years has it been and how frequent is the usage? Condition still good and no scratches? One thing that bugged me was that the rest of the sanitary ware in the toilet will be white, but the pearl finish tub is off white. Was the colour difference noticeable when it sat next to the other white sanitary ware?

I saw in their showroom, the pearl finish ones next to the acrylic ones, which was much cheaper. Wondering how the acrylic ones will hold out.

Anyway, around that price, think can get the entry level Kaldewei built in tubs. If you want to consider enamelled steel that is.

The people who run the Toto showroom (http://www.watelier.com) have it on their website, but I don't recall seeing any on display.

Interior Affairs has some on display:

http://www.interior-affairs.com.sg/

been to interior affairs twice...went again last week for the grohe sale. They didn't list down the prices of the kaldewei tubs except the one with LED lights and digital controls that was going for $20k+. I am also looking for a fountain faucet for the bathtub...which may cost more than the bathtub itself...sigh.

Any suggestions where to go look for freestanding tubs? Or brands to look for? Looking for reasonable quality and price. Eg, Kaldewei too high end.

Also, anyone with experience with acrylic tubs? Do they scratch easily and are difficult to maintain?

Thanks.

I saw some bathtubs from AOS, place where I got my saintary stuffs. You may want to give them a buzz to check if they have what you want before heading down.

Cheers.

Not sure if you are looking for full length or sitting bathtubs. My parents have used one which I believe is acrylic, the type that has to be set and tiled. The brand is Wilton, it's made by Nan Wah themselves. It is a sitting bath and is used everyday, and it hasn't given any problems (no cracks etc) and is 12 years old. Price is about $300+ each and can fit into our HDB bathroom with a bit of space planning. And no problems with scratches too - ours is off white so you can't really see it. Plus it's easy to maintain with some Cif and a normal sponge.

Edited by blue_skies