Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

What's The Market Rate For Rental Of Single Room (hdb)

Does anybody know what is the current market rate for rental of a single room? Any difference in rental rates b/w that of aircon & non-aircon bedroom?

Assumption:

Not near MRT station but a very convenient location where there are many buses (more than 10 bus service numbers) right at door step (near expressway), amenities 1 bus-stop away e.g. IKEA, Giant, NTUC fairprice supermarket, food courts, etc. Location: Pasir Ris.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Does anybody know what is the current market rate for rental of a single room? Any difference in rental rates b/w that of aircon & non-aircon bedroom?

Assumption:

Not near MRT station but a very convenient location where there are many buses (more than 10 bus service numbers) right at door step (near expressway), amenities 1 bus-stop away e.g. IKEA, Giant, NTUC fairprice supermarket, food courts, etc. Location: Pasir Ris.

Rent depends on whether room is aircon and how many people are staying in the room.

Aircon room and no aircon room have price difference of $50 to $100.

For the market rate, you can check out property websites' rental ads.

Edited by forgotten

Assumption:

definitely wif or without aircon will make a difference to the rent.

and wif such an accessible location as tt described above, whether near or not near MRT is no longer that critical. the landlord can still ask for a high rental, simply cos the location is very good. everything tt one needs for daily living is only 1 bus-stop away, and thr's so many bus services to choose frm.

and if the tenant drives, being near expressway makes it attractive also.

my guess, probably asking for at least $500 for this one. possibly more.

Based on your assumption, can be anything from $500 - $800 depending on location.

Assumption:

ok guys thanks for your recommendations. By the way, my flat is just opposite wafer fab organisations, namely, UMC/ SSMC.

We have aircons but if the tenant turns on the aircon for 8-10 hrs aday and full day on off-days (from work), then isn't the aircon part of the bill going to cost more than $100??

We're deliberating whether we should rent out our MBR, i.e. master bedroom (with toilet) or the common room next door. My girlfriend who owns a chain of stores in pasir ris told me to rent out MBR because she says we can ask for at least $800 or more. But my master bedroom toilet's door is made of sandblasted door (not tempered glass) so not sure if there'll be damages eventually or not... Right now, we have both panels encased with a thick protective film of plastic ... aiya I think u'll all think that I'm so "ngeow" lor :P

Oh yes, any one of u would know of a reliable contractor with good workmanship? I'm thinking about putting back the wall b/w MBR & common bedroom next to it (have to reinstate the original door entrance for the common room) as well.