Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sheer083

Absolook Interior Design

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We enaged Absolook to renovate our new 4 Room BTO in October 2014 and the ID assigned to our case is Richie How. Our assigned ID has been very responsive to our questions and requests and he has been trying hard to meet our tight renovation schedule and get everything done in 2 months. We do need to remind him occassionally on the smaller matters but that's really not an issue as its human tendency to forget small things :lol:

Renovation items completed so far and my ratings:

- Speed and Responsiveness of ID (9/10). My ID is amazing :sport-smiley-004:

- General Worksmanship so far (7/10). Look good / okay in general and we do not have very high expectations as we are not using any expensive materials for our renovation. No heart attacks from them so far :lol:

- Fridge and Cabinet Base (8/10). Tiles are nicely aligned to the existing HDB Tiles.

- Painting (7/10). Some touch up required at when the carpentary work is completed. Should be a 8/10 once its completed

- Bathroom Curb and Shower Screen (6/10). The Shower Screen seems a bit shaking and ID will be geting his contractor to install an additional support bar on top of the shower screen to stablize it.

- False Ceiling in Master Bedroom (4/10). Found out today that the cut holes in the false ceiling (for downlights) is too close to the built-in wardrobe. Waiting for them to rectify the issue.

- Carpentary work for Kitchen Cabinet and Built-in Wardrobe (still work in progress)

Update as of today...

Renovation items completed so far and my ratings:

- Speed and Responsiveness of ID (9.5/10). Now that we are at the handover stage of the Renovaton, the responsiveness

of my My ID is still amazing. He gets any issues and defacts retified quickly. Double thumbs up :thumbs up:

- General Worksmanship so far (7/10). No major issues so far. Any defacts are retified in a timely manner.

- Painting (7.5/10). Doing the final touch up now. Okay so far.

- Bathroom Curb and Shower Screen (7.5/10).

Issue with shaky Shower Screen is retified by the additional support bar. Support bar looks good.

- False Ceiling in Master Bedroom (7.5/10).

The downlights are now in the correct places and the incorrect-ly cut hole has been patched nicely.

- Carpentary work for Kitchen Cabinet (8/10)

Had a few shaky drawers and requested for ID to install additional sliding brackets to stablish it. My wife loves the Quartz table top.

- Carpentary work for TV Console / Full height cabinet (8/10)

TV Console and cabinet are delivered to spec. Need some minor adjustments to the brackets for the sliding drawers. Looks good so far.

- Installation of addition items e.g. Bathroom accessories, Cabinets, Roller Blinds, T5 Lights etc (8.5/10)

ID got his contractors to help us install the misc stuffs which we bought on our own. All items installed to our specs.

Time to buy our electronics stuffs :notti:

Guest Evangeline Yang

Sorry to hear some people experience bad experiences with Absolook.

I also recently signed with Aaron with a fellow neighbor to get buddy discount. I never thought I will go to them as before that I went to those IDs that were recommended by friends, hoping to get good quotation. With a few ID friends trying to help and maybe get my hub and I to engage them. But nonetheless, we tried Juz Design (My hub's friend used him), Leda (in the end, we engaged them to handle MBR because we want a hidden wall bed system) and 1 more ID that our friend said is very good and reasonable price.

I received their quotation and I know what we want is not simple but we dare to ask for 25k quotation. First 2 quoted us 35k and despite Leda is a contractor, the price surprising not cheap as mentioned. The last one is 40k.

I was so headache over the cost that I decided not to do hidden storage platform (the quotation of it is 4.4k at least from all these IDs) plus my hub want ceiling fan. Thus when our fellow neighbor met Aaron and heard of my situation, he told me to try Absolook. See whether he can give us what we want (Zen Modern Theme).

1st meeting + 1st Impression:

Aaron happened to have a couple with him and he was seem to be having a hard time with them. By right out appointment is at 3pm, he came to the door and greeted us politely and asked us to give him 30 min to settle the couple before us while we took sometimes to look at the sample carpentry work. My hub really like the first ID from Juz Design. Because the guy was older and very chatty so when he saw Aaron, he look young and so my hub appeared not so interested but he rather like the design sample at Absolook show room.

Aaron finally sat down with us, and instead of going through the package, he asked us what we want, give some inputs. As I was the eager one since first 3 IDs were chosen by my hub, this one I was very pro-active and asked Aaron for the package as I like things to be fast. He ran through the package and told us within a week the quotation will be ready and we can meet up with the fellow neighbor in case we wanna sign up. For his budget, I gave him 20k. I was honest with him, telling him we want lot of carpentry works and he asked about other IDs we approached. I said too exp. He also honest and ask is it because budget too low. I said his lower. (Test water, wanna see how low he can give me)

After leaving the place, my hub said Aaron seem quite confident. Can consider. Change of attitude on my hub's part. And we were quite happy with the visit.

2nd Meeting:

We met with the neighbor to meet him together. Aaron bought an assistant with him. He showed us the quotation. I can said, no surprised, the price is around the same as other ID. I even brought along my laptop with detail excel spreadsheet of all the quotations breakdown from other IDs and I realized, despite about the same, Aaron's quotation still slight cheaper esp with all the free gifts. After some discussion, at first we wanna full height cabinet for living room that is connect to feature wall, he suggested partition wall and in a blink of eyes, we just decided to sign because at the end, it is the feeling Aaron give.

So we told him, we tried out partition wall seem whether suit us or not and he will do the 3D within a month.

A month later:

Received our 3D, at first wasn't very happy with the 3D, the partition seem waste of space but after some chats with Aaron, he said first draft usually is ID ideas. But beside that, he was fast at fixing appointment with us and mentioned he got some ideas for the next draft for amendment. Overall, we realized it is hard to be angry at him. Because first of all, I realized he is 1 year younger than me and he was very honest when I shared with him some quotations my friends received and he will tell me why there isn't a need to do certain things. Now we going to meet Aaron on Monday. Can't wait to meet him.

He is from which branch? Mine is Beng Hui.

Zierra, how's your reno journey with Beng Hui? Any updates? Hehe..

I am starting my meet ups with him over the weekend to finalize my floor plan first. Couple of changes after discussion with the wife. Haha

Zierra, how's your reno journey with Beng Hui? Any updates? Hehe..

I am starting my meet ups with him over the weekend to finalize my floor plan first. Couple of changes after discussion with the wife. Haha

Hi chilarvet,

It is normal to have the changes... :lol: My side even worse.. Till now, we are still in the "ever -changing" stage... BH must be feeling very stress with us. :D

Beng Hui has started on the renovation. So far, the renovation can be considered to be smooth though there are some hiccups here and there. Everything has been settled / resolved by BH.

I think just based on the color themes, we have changed about 3 - 4 times.. :P All the things, from materials to designs of wardrobes to colors to doors, are selected at least twice.

Even the theme has been changed as well. The original theme is modern concept... but with the amount of other furniture (marble coffee tables and a set of marble dining table and chairs, pedestal, display cabinet, etc) that we have bought in the retail shop, it becomes a rojak mix of the themes. Also, i have insisted on craftstone as well... so now the theme has been changed to modern resort concept.

The flooring has already been done. The preliminary round of electrical works have also been done. Extra data points are also installed and set up. Kerbs (in kitchen, service yard and master toilet) are up. Air Con piping and wiring are also done. The walls and ceilings are also painted. My craftstone is also done and i really love it! No regrets of spending extra for it! hehe

The tilers will be installing the bathroom accessories in both the common and master bedroom toilets for this week. All my furniture and electrical purchases will be coming in slowly from mid to end December respectively. :lol:

Hi chilarvet,

It is normal to have the changes... :lol: My side even worse.. Till now, we are still in the "ever -changing" stage... BH must be feeling very stress with us. :D

Beng Hui has started on the renovation. So far, the renovation can be considered to be smooth though there are some hiccups here and there. Everything has been settled / resolved by BH.

I think just based on the color themes, we have changed about 3 - 4 times.. :P All the things, from materials to designs of wardrobes to colors to doors, are selected at least twice.

Even the theme has been changed as well. The original theme is modern concept... but with the amount of other furniture (marble coffee tables and a set of marble dining table and chairs, pedestal, display cabinet, etc) that we have bought in the retail shop, it becomes a rojak mix of the themes. Also, i have insisted on craftstone as well... so now the theme has been changed to modern resort concept.

The flooring has already been done. The preliminary round of electrical works have also been done. Extra data points are also installed and set up. Kerbs (in kitchen, service yard and master toilet) are up. Air Con piping and wiring are also done. The walls and ceilings are also painted. My craftstone is also done and i really love it! No regrets of spending extra for it! hehe

The tilers will be installing the bathroom accessories in both the common and master bedroom toilets for this week. All my furniture and electrical purchases will be coming in slowly from mid to end December respectively. :lol:

Wow, sounds like BH is really accomodating. Lucky us. :D

Oh you opted for craft stone too? Did you choose the original color or did you paint it white? I am doing craftstone brick wall in my living room and thinking of painting it all white.

Got pics? Hehe..

If you are having a showroom for Abslook after your reno, must let me know. Would really like to take a look at their works with your house.

Edited by chilarvet

Wow, sounds like BH is really accomodating. Lucky us. :D

Oh you opted for craft stone too? Did you choose the original color or did you paint it white? I am doing craftstone brick wall in my living room and thinking of painting it all white.

Got pics? Hehe..

If you are having a showroom for Abslook after your reno, must let me know. Would really like to take a look at their works with your house.

Hahah, ya.. lucky us but poor BH... =X

He is really very accommodating and customer oriented. Lucky that we have chosen him.. No regrets. =) so far, he has been helping to take charge of the whole renovation as both my hubby and i were quite busy with work. Currently, we only liaise with BH via watsapp or calls only and dropping by our house once per week to see the whole week's progress.

I choose the original color for my craft stone.. Ehh, i have taken 1 pic of the done craftstone wall... but my photography skill really sucks... so the pic is only about 70% similar to the actual product.. hahah hope you dun mind.

Craftstone

Can can. If they using my flat as showroom, will let you know. =)
Edited by Zierra

Hahah, ya.. lucky us but poor BH... =X

He is really very accommodating and customer oriented. Lucky that we have chosen him.. No regrets. =) so far, he has been helping to take charge of the whole renovation as both my hubby and i were quite busy with work. Currently, we only liaise with BH via watsapp or calls only and dropping by our house once per week to see the whole week's progress.

I choose the original color for my craft stone.. Ehh, i have taken 1 pic of the done craftstone wall... but my photography skill really sucks... so the pic is only about 70% similar to the actual product.. hahah hope you dun mind.

Can can. If they using my flat as showroom, will let you know. =)

Wow, I like that kind of brickwall too. Looks very nice!

It's great that he is still able to do such a good job without much "supervision" from you. Haha. Hopefully when my turn comes ill also be on the receiving end of such good service like you.

Yes! Please do let me know if yours has been chosen as a showroom. :) Btw where is your house at?

Wow, I like that kind of brickwall too. Looks very nice!

It's great that he is still able to do such a good job without much "supervision" from you. Haha. Hopefully when my turn comes ill also be on the receiving end of such good service like you.

Yes! Please do let me know if yours has been chosen as a showroom. :) Btw where is your house at?

Yup, I myself also fall in love with it! Hahah

Dun worry lar. BH is very customer oriented. 😊 he will sure do a good job for your renovation as well.

Mine is at Costa Ris. I believe they will have an open house event here in Dec. Hahah, not sure if my house will be selected for open house cos they have a few projects here.

Edited by Zierra