Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro

Converting Wash Area To Wc

Anyone converted their EM or 5M level 1 wash area to WC before? Can advise on the cost?

I got quoted a very high amount, thought it'd just be routing the pipes (common toilet directly above the wash area).

Thanks in advance~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For those who want to do the same... the waste pipe will have to be above ground, so the toilet bowl must be a side-discharge, not bottom discharge.

I've gotten very random quotes... $350, $850, $1400. Anyone else did this before?

For those who want to do the same... the waste pipe will have to be above ground, so the toilet bowl must be a side-discharge, not bottom discharge.

I've gotten very random quotes... $350, $850, $1400. Anyone else did this before?

I'm intending to convert my level 1 wash area of my resale EM (getting keys next Feb) to a WC too. But so far, none of the IDs dare to confirm. They want to do site visit to assess whether possible to convert or not. Though the seller did mention that his neighbours got do la, and maybe like you mentioned, it has to be a side-discharge kind. Not too sure what it means also.

I also want to find out...

I'm intending to convert my level 1 wash area of my resale EM (getting keys next Feb) to a WC too. But so far, none of the IDs dare to confirm. They want to do site visit to assess whether possible to convert or not. Though the seller did mention that his neighbours got do la, and maybe like you mentioned, it has to be a side-discharge kind. Not too sure what it means also.

I also want to find out...

Try taking photos of the floor and ceiling of the wash area, as well as the toilet directly above. From there, you can see where and how the waste pipes are routed. Most likely that there is no bottom discharge for the waste pipe.

If you do the P-trap type of pedestal toilet bowl, hopefully it is just beside your main waste pipe. Otherwise, piping it around will be an ugly scene coz it is quite a fat pipe -- ought to box up. Also not sure if there are other potential issues, and what they can do to ensure no clogging, etc. If you do boxup, make sure it does not cover the floor trap.

Since your neighbours supposed to have done it, thick skin abit ask them la~~ shun bian intro yourself to their new friendly neighbour. :)

btw, my final quote is $800 to route the pipe to the other end of the wash area and boxup the pipes. Still feel it is expensive but too tired to keep haggling already...

Edited by Soichiro

Try taking photos of the floor and ceiling of the wash area, as well as the toilet directly above. From there, you can see where and how the waste pipes are routed. Most likely that there is no bottom discharge for the waste pipe.

If you do the P-trap type of pedestal toilet bowl, hopefully it is just beside your main waste pipe. Otherwise, piping it around will be an ugly scene coz it is quite a fat pipe -- ought to box up. Also not sure if there are other potential issues, and what they can do to ensure no clogging, etc. If you do boxup, make sure it does not cover the floor trap.

Since your neighbours supposed to have done it, thick skin abit ask them la~~ shun bian intro yourself to their new friendly neighbour. :)

btw, my final quote is $800 to route the pipe to the other end of the wash area and boxup the pipes. Still feel it is expensive but too tired to keep haggling already...

Thanks for the info!

Studying for my exams now. Will try to go over to my future home to take photos soon.

Still sourcing for renov contractor/ID. *sob* feeling very poor after paying COV...

where's your new place at?

btw, need to apply for HDB permit to install WC at wash area?

Hi

As others have mentioned, it depends on the layout of your EM and the pipes.

I have one with the long balcony rather than a square balcony and have a photo which may help show how the previous owners did it (we are just about to start the reno in just over a weeks time).

IMAG0104.jpg

The toilet had to be raised up on a platform to give the pipes a downwards flow. The pipes come from the back and around to meet up with the main sewage down pipe.

Regards

RB

Thanks for the info!

Studying for my exams now. Will try to go over to my future home to take photos soon.

Still sourcing for renov contractor/ID. *sob* feeling very poor after paying COV...

where's your new place at?

btw, need to apply for HDB permit to install WC at wash area?

Mine is actually 5M, not EM, behind Paya Lebar Singpost. Also feeling poor after the COV... heh heh.

Hacking done, just got to figure out this silly toilet issue before they start plumbing and tiling.

Your contractor will need to submit the details of the changes to HDB. It is permissable but still need to notify HDB. You also need to pay $2.80 more per month for having another WC. (see your SP Services bill... under Sanitary Appliance Fee)

As others have mentioned, it depends on the layout of your EM and the pipes.

I have one with the long balcony rather than a square balcony and have a photo which may help show how the previous owners did it (we are just about to start the reno in just over a weeks time).

IMAG0104.jpg

The toilet had to be raised up on a platform to give the pipes a downwards flow. The pipes come from the back and around to meet up with the main sewage down pipe.

Regards

RB

Thanks for the pic RimBlock! My contractor didn't mention about raising the platform. I thought about it initially, maybe its got to do with the toilet bowl design?