Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hermione

My Reno @ Bendemeer

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My basic floorplan layout that I did on floorplanner.com. Measurements are not totally accurate, but close enough I guess! I will also have top wall cabinets that are not shown here. On the side of the bomb shelter door is a full length slim cabinet so that I have more storage space. Cos most of my bottom kitchen cabinet space will be taken up by appliances like oven, washing machine, etc. My sink is a pretty slim and small one, as I have a dishwasher to do heavy washing.

8.jpg

Thanks Happygolucky! Ya i love the river view, can see water everyday is shiok! haha!

U start reno liao?

I just went to the house today. Determined to check every 2 days at least. Shall post more pics soon...

Thanks Happygolucky! Ya i love the river view, can see water everyday is shiok! haha!

U start reno liao?

I just went to the house today. Determined to check every 2 days at least. Shall post more pics soon...

woah every 2 days? you are staying near RV is it?

i go there every wk also very sianz liao

woah every 2 days? you are staying near RV is it?

i go there every wk also very sianz liao

Haha, ya I'm currently at 5 mins away near potong pasir :P

v easy to go over...

btw just want to share some interior design websites I find extremely helpful (more ang-moh style though):

- http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/

- http://freshome.com/

- http://www.designspongeonline.com/

- http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/

- http://livethemma.ikea.se/

- http://www.livingetc.com/

;) ;) ;)

Oh yeah, i heart the livingetc site! It's the core of my reno reference materials! i bought the magazine faithfully for the past 6 months! LOL. Apartment therapy is nice too!

Looking forward to your pictures soon!

haha! i love livingetc too. i have to say i like it more than many other mags. so much good ideas!

here's the preview of my bathroom tiles... finally dug up the pics from my one million home related photos all lumped into one folder... btw I bought my tiles from Harfary @ Balestier... seems like that's where everyone goes nowadays. The staff are quite nice tho. V friendly and patient. I went back like 3-4 times to confirm my tiles, cos one of my previous choices went out of stock. aiya i tell u, if u like something in sg, quickly pay and book, if not sure snapped up in no time... sienz.

9.jpg

the hacking starts...

10.jpg

- kitchen entrance enlarged.

11.jpg

- view from bedroom 3 into master bedroom facing toilet.

the house feels more spacious now, very happy with the hacking decision. bedroom 3 is going to be our study. the decision to hack the walls gave me a headache for weeks... cos i am not using ID, so i must be able to visualize everything myself. in the end i decided to retain more of the wall instead of hacking it all off so that i have more wall space for shelves, tv, cabinets and etc.

for anyone who wants to hack walls in their house, just go ahead. after thinking through where to hack of course! the flow is very important although i don't believe in fengshui. hehe.

i'm still waiting for the approval for the service balcony wall... so mafan, holding up everything!

haha! i love livingetc too. i have to say i like it more than many other mags. so much good ideas!

here's the preview of my bathroom tiles... finally dug up the pics from my one million home related photos all lumped into one folder... btw I bought my tiles from Harfary @ Balestier... seems like that's where everyone goes nowadays. The staff are quite nice tho. V friendly and patient. I went back like 3-4 times to confirm my tiles, cos one of my previous choices went out of stock. aiya i tell u, if u like something in sg, quickly pay and book, if not sure snapped up in no time... sienz.

9.jpg

nice combi :good:

Hehe thanks!

Just found out yesterday that getting the PE to check my service wall for hacking is going to cost me $500. Puke blood man... But I guess I did factor in these incidentals into my costing, which is why at the beginning when I sign with my contractor I push the price down as much as possible. Whatever I'm not sure of I added into the contract as KIV with the price first. Save money!

here's my bathroom story...

bought all my toilet fittings from the Grohe sale at Interior Affairs in november last month. their service is quite good and their showroom there is really very nice. had so many beautiful dream kitchens and bathrooms that i wish i can buy a landed house to fit it all in. haha... anyways spent about $1k there on basin mixers, shower mixers and showers and some accessories. one good buy is the towel rack that we bought for only $18! haha i think it was 70% off.

after which i scouted around quite a number of bathroom shops to look for wc, basins, kitchen sink, etc but couldn't really find any that i like that fits my price range. until we went to sim siang choon warehouse near changi. that place is really big and carries more varieties than their shops at IMM and such. so bought everything there, also another $1k plus.

i love nice toilets and it's so important that i like spending time in the toilet so we did splurge a bit on this area, so including the overlaying of tiles etc, i think about $4k is spent on the toilets. now i think that those 3 room flats with only 1 toilet is actually quite good, ours everything must double the cost, quite expensive. my husband says that i'm mad to spend so much on the one part of the house that was actually already done up. so maybe i am? but i'm sure when i'm in my toilet next time i'll be happy. lol... i'm sacrificing on other parts of the house though... so i'm still within budget. Surprisingly!