Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hermione

My Reno @ Bendemeer

hey reg, did u measure the lift? u know whats the size?

mine is low floor so not so worried about them carrying up, but thought will be good to know :)

ehh.. forgot liao .. nvm , tonight i go back help u to measure

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hey reg, did u measure the lift? u know whats the size?

mine is low floor so not so worried about them carrying up, but thought will be good to know :)

New lifts should be ok to fit in most things, right? If can fit king bed then will be able to fit most things.

are u slowly moving in liao? hehe, or ur just going to the house to check things out tonite?

Good news is i finally manged to change my aircon to Mitsubishi Heavy. and Good news is it is ~$200 cheaper than my last selection, hehe. shiok. They r v nice about it and responded very fast and gave me 2 quotes to choose from, so really thumbs up to Coolserve. Thanks to Aron for his help man, if anyone needs aircon I definitely have one more choice to recommend now :)

are u slowly moving in liao? hehe, or ur just going to the house to check things out tonite?

Good news is i finally manged to change my aircon to Mitsubishi Heavy. and Good news is it is ~$200 cheaper than my last selection, hehe. shiok. They r v nice about it and responded very fast and gave me 2 quotes to choose from, so really thumbs up to Coolserve. Thanks to Aron for his help man, if anyone needs aircon I definitely have one more choice to recommend now :)

have yet to shift in.. going back every week to check reno progress..

woah.. good for you on the a/c :)

New lifts should be ok to fit in most things, right? If can fit king bed then will be able to fit most things.

i also dunno, new flats sometimes quite silly. just look at our ac window. sigh.

my kitchen service area windows are finally up! they didn't even tell me they were going to install, i had a surprise when i went to the house! it's a must to get HDB approved windows for the service balcony, nowadays like condo like that, facade must be the same... quite mafan... pros and cons lah...

40.jpg

- windows open

41.jpg

- windows shut

(btw, does anyone know what the plastic cover on the wall in the service area is for? everyone seems to have it, so weird...)

i also dunno, new flats sometimes quite silly. just look at our ac window. sigh.

I measured my windows, enough for 710mm ac. I also don't know why hdb just cannot get it right. Mine is old flat so main door too small for certain fridges then new flats too small windows for certain ac. Maybe in the few years both main doors and windows will be too small for everything.

my kitchen service area windows are finally up! they didn't even tell me they were going to install, i had a surprise when i went to the house! it's a must to get HDB approved windows for the service balcony, nowadays like condo like that, facade must be the same... quite mafan... pros and cons lah...

40.jpg

- windows open

41.jpg

- windows shut

(btw, does anyone know what the plastic cover on the wall in the service area is for? everyone seems to have it, so weird...)

i think it conceals some pipes (those on top right of 2nd photo run into the wall)

could be drainage

think HDB left the opening for ease of future servicing if the need arises

i have it too in the kitchen

Edited by bobztoise

Hi there... been some time since i posted, due to festivities and super crazy schedule and moving... had no time at all!

Here's some updates on the reno:

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

as you can see, the tiles are up, and i suppose it will finish by today! i am very tired and busy also because i will be overseas the next 2 weeks (booked some time back, no idea the reno will be in the middle of it now!!!) so rushing to settle more things now... plus we had to shift out of my in-laws place due to stupid planning, i came to the conclusion that i really don't have enough energy to do **** for two houses man. my lifespan not long enough.

as you can see, the tiles are up, and i suppose it will finish by today! i am very tired and busy also because i will be overseas the next 2 weeks (booked some time back, no idea the reno will be in the middle of it now!!!) so rushing to settle more things now... plus we had to shift out of my in-laws place due to stupid planning, i came to the conclusion that i really don't have enough energy to do **** for two houses man. my lifespan not long enough.

You and enjoy your trip!!! You deserve it! And happy new year! You will have a great 2011 as u can enjoy your new house after putting in so much effort.

Hi there... been some time since i posted, due to festivities and super crazy schedule and moving... had no time at all!

Here's some updates on the reno:

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

very nice :good:

thanks guys! this reno thing is really tough work... plus shifting another house at the same time... my shoulders have been aching for a week, and my brain is so full of lights and paint selections that it's going to explode! lol... can't wait for it to be over so that i can just shift in and sleep on my nice new bed! :D