Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hermione

My Reno @ Bendemeer

have you bought your storage tank?

i thought over this a long time too

if you have not and dun mind waiting a day or two, i will try to post photos of the piping for my CityGas

Gas pipes already installed, plumber will finish up water pipes in a day or two

by the way, i have also bought rain shower set despite reading that it is not compatible with CityGas

according to Hoe Kee, it can be done as long as water pipe diameter is thick enough.. so i am taking my chances

The basic prinicple in how citygas heater unit heats up the water is similar to the problematic electrical one that my in-law has....the water is not preheated...so when you switch on the tap, water will flow through a series of heated coil within the unit....the pressure of heated water out of the unit will definitely be lower than the cold water pressure entering the unit due to the series of coils slowing the flow of the water so that there is enough time to heat the water to a pre-determined temperature.

For rainshowers, the water flow is much much more compared to the normal showerheads...thus the demand for higher water pressure to drive the volume of water needed out of the rainshower head.

Say you compensate for the reduced output pressure by increasing the input PUB water pressure..the max you can increase is determined by your unit's main pipe pressure. You can sort of get around it by installing an external water pump (have to deal with electrical bill and noise)....but can the citygas "instant" heater unit take the increased pressure being pushed into it?

Since I'm too late to advise against citygas for homes intending to use rainshower....i shall be keeping my fingers crossed for you...... :thumbs up: hope it turns out well for you against all logic :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

luckily im not getting rainshower cos i dun like it... seems so troublesome. but anyways im going to get the water tank system lah... thanks for the link reg! i will go poh joo to check it out!

today my contractor msg to tell me that the kitchen cabinets are up early, now waiting for the appliance delivery. i was shocked, they told me they would only do it next wk. i guess i should be happy that the progress is faster than expected. later i touch down in sg im going straight to the house man... i really praying that everything went well while i was away! i bet not a lot of ppl have gone for 2 wks holiday while their house is going thru critical reno. so must pray v hard... lol!

luckily im not getting rainshower cos i dun like it... seems so troublesome. but anyways im going to get the water tank system lah... thanks for the link reg! i will go poh joo to check it out!

today my contractor msg to tell me that the kitchen cabinets are up early, now waiting for the appliance delivery. i was shocked, they told me they would only do it next wk. i guess i should be happy that the progress is faster than expected. later i touch down in sg im going straight to the house man... i really praying that everything went well while i was away! i bet not a lot of ppl have gone for 2 wks holiday while their house is going thru critical reno. so must pray v hard... lol!

you are still overseas? They rushed it all for you so that you can move in for CNY?

All will be well, i am sure. No worries!! :sport-smiley-004:

you are still overseas? They rushed it all for you so that you can move in for CNY?

All will be well, i am sure. No worries!! :sport-smiley-004:

i hope so too! dying to see the house now... must have plenty of changes since 2 wks ago... since now the painting is done, acid wash, kitchen cabinets, bathroom works should be up too... cant wait!

ya i need to move in by cny, actually this wkend alrdy plan to semi-move in, and will stay there while contractors are finishing the final touches next week!

i hope so too! dying to see the house now... must have plenty of changes since 2 wks ago... since now the painting is done, acid wash, kitchen cabinets, bathroom works should be up too... cant wait!

ya i need to move in by cny, actually this wkend alrdy plan to semi-move in, and will stay there while contractors are finishing the final touches next week!

:dribble: wow!!! must be really exciting!! i always go holiday in march as its my best friend's birthday but this year, won't go anywhere cos my reno will be starting..... time seems to pass so so so slowly for me.

36.jpg

- Dining table (I love this, I've spent hours looking for dining tables in many furniture malls but I immediately knew that this was the one after I saw it. My ah-ma was questioning me, looks like chopsticks, cross here cross there, can stand meh? cos she is supposed to be the sponsor for this item. I think it's something completely unlike what she imagined we'll buy. lol)

35.jpg

- Dining chairs (bought 4x white ones to match the Eames-design table, will buy 2 more but still looking around for other chairs to match)

Hi,

your reno is looking good! Can I know how much did you spend on your dining table and chairs, and how much did it cost? Thanks!

Hi,

your reno is looking good! Can I know how much did you spend on your dining table and chairs, and how much did it cost? Thanks!

hi! its between 2-3 grand :)

Have not been able to update anything cos super buzy now with house stuff... have not really move in yet due to delays in reno arising from a suspected leak. We found water stain on lower part of the walls but no actual water anywhere in the house. No pipes were tampered with during reno in my house, so now HDB is investigating for me. Just did some tests today that were inconclusive. So far cannot find out whether it's my pipes or what. I was super sien when my ID called me about the leaks, I was so looking forward to moving in... now got to wait a bit... works are still going on and there's been tons of progress, but just that one thing is enough to spoil my mood. It's like a pebble in your shoe, just irritating you to no end. Just hope the investigations tomorrow will yield results and I can finally move on with my life!

In any case, the cleaning after reno is no joke... Lol... Will update with some pics soon!

Have not been able to update anything cos super buzy now with house stuff... have not really move in yet due to delays in reno arising from a suspected leak. We found water stain on lower part of the walls but no actual water anywhere in the house. No pipes were tampered with during reno in my house, so now HDB is investigating for me. Just did some tests today that were inconclusive. So far cannot find out whether it's my pipes or what. I was super sien when my ID called me about the leaks, I was so looking forward to moving in... now got to wait a bit... works are still going on and there's been tons of progress, but just that one thing is enough to spoil my mood. It's like a pebble in your shoe, just irritating you to no end. Just hope the investigations tomorrow will yield results and I can finally move on with my life!

In any case, the cleaning after reno is no joke... Lol... Will update with some pics soon!

Welcome back!!! Was wondering where you were the whole week. Guess having that kind of leakage problem is very irritating. Have a good sleep and Tmr will have good news for u.

Welcome back!!! Was wondering where you were the whole week. Guess having that kind of leakage problem is very irritating. Have a good sleep and Tmr will have good news for u.

Still no outcome today despite me and the plumber testing all day today... so frustrating. might need to hack one tile in the toilet for them to check the pipes inside if still cannot find an answer soon... so i may just leave that till after CNY... I have to say the plumber has been very helpful and nice though... he is very busy i can tell... but i bo bian already, my final date to move in is next sat, i'm not going to wait anymore... and the plumber also says he will try to minimize the affected area, so i can still make the rest of the space livable.

Still no outcome today despite me and the plumber testing all day today... so frustrating. might need to hack one tile in the toilet for them to check the pipes inside if still cannot find an answer soon... so i may just leave that till after CNY... I have to say the plumber has been very helpful and nice though... he is very busy i can tell... but i bo bian already, my final date to move in is next sat, i'm not going to wait anymore... and the plumber also says he will try to minimize the affected area, so i can still make the rest of the space livable.

So sorry to hear this hiccups at the last min. Try not stress yourself over it.

omg sounds bad

hope your issue will be settled asap

I have a big problem too becos my renov has been delaying and i suppose to move in by mid Mar and now renove not even start yet. Siao liao. I dun know whether can extend another 2 mths.

Did you install rain shower? Im not sure whether i can install rainshower in 38A becos i worry not enough clearance on top and water pressure.

I have a big problem too becos my renov has been delaying and i suppose to move in by mid Mar and now renove not even start yet. Siao liao. I dun know whether can extend another 2 mths.

Did you install rain shower? Im not sure whether i can install rainshower in 38A becos i worry not enough clearance on top and water pressure.

heya i m from 38d and installed rain shower

pls remember to measure the height from mixer to ceiling before buying :)

i got mine from Poh Joo.. then realised its way too high for the toilet

so i recommend you to check out hoekee for their range of rain showers

Edited by reglxt

heya i m from 38d and installed rain shower

pls remember to measure the height from mixer to ceiling before buying :)

i got mine from Poh Joo.. then realised its way too high for the toilet

so i recommend you to check out hoekee for their range of rain showers

I was thinking to buy hansgrohe raindance since now got 25% off. Most luxury thing that i spend v exp.