Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

RENOVATION DAY 20: PHOTOS

Today another busy day.... so only managed to go to my flat at 10pm. although the whole place is very dark, the corridor light manage to shine in as well. So i took a few photos to show how its current state.....

blk108.jpg

Even though its not very bright but i still manage to spot 2 mistakes.

Renovation for so many days, never had a single mistake until today. So i am a bit disturb with 2 mistakes today which i hope will be able to be rectified soon before all box up are being done or else no chance to rectify them anymore.

1) i have a hanging light in my bedroom, at the platform which should be nearer to the window, not right in the middle of the room

2) aircon piping to toilet is spoiling my nice tiles. the piping is done the wrong way....

simple stuff and i think can be easily rectified. Just get the correct people to do it. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
RENOVATION DAY 20: PHOTOS

Today another busy day.... so only managed to go to my flat at 10pm. although the whole place is very dark, the corridor light manage to shine in as well. So i took a few photos to show how its current state.....

blk108.jpg

Even though its not very bright but i still manage to spot 2 mistakes.

Renovation for so many days, never had a single mistake until today. So i am a bit disturb with 2 mistakes today which i hope will be able to be rectified soon before all box up are being done or else no chance to rectify them anymore.

1) i have a hanging light in my bedroom, at the platform which should be nearer to the window, not right in the middle of the room

2) aircon piping to toilet is spoiling my nice tiles. the piping is done the wrong way....

simple stuff and i think can be easily rectified. Just get the correct people to do it. :)

Wah Piang, your bedroom really look very BIG :jawdrop:

Wah Piang, your bedroom really look very BIG :jawdrop:

Aiyoh stop saying my bedroom is big lah. It's not that big.... When you come you will know. :)

You're lucky that you have an open kitchen concept.. Today, fridge guys came and had trouble moving the fridge into the kitchen.. Too big to fit the door!!!!! :dunno:

In the end, had to remove the fridge doors to bring it in.. Hahaha.. Well, everything seems fine after that.. hopefully no bad side effects on the door..

You're lucky that you have an open kitchen concept.. Today, fridge guys came and had trouble moving the fridge into the kitchen.. Too big to fit the door!!!!! :dunno:

In the end, had to remove the fridge doors to bring it in.. Hahaha.. Well, everything seems fine after that.. hopefully no bad side effects on the door..

My fridge is too big for my main door too. My 1st choice of fridge was so big that it cannot fit in. My 2nd choice can only fit in after dismantle the doors. Shouldn't be a problem cos they do this all the time.

My fridge is too big for my main door too. My 1st choice of fridge was so big that it cannot fit in. My 2nd choice can only fit in after dismantle the doors. Shouldn't be a problem cos they do this all the time.

Hi May, thanks for the ID contacts! :)

And yah boy, your fridge is HUGE! :o Everything is BIG in your houdse leh...super huge bed (2 x King size bed = super huge lor :P), huge wardrobe, huge bedroom and now huge fridge...you sure know how to pamper yourself and enjoy life :good::jammin:

Well, I presume there is no reno work over wkend? Hope you can take the opportunity to have a good rest and/or shop for items for your new home ;)

Waiting with much anticipation for your next update/pics :yamseng:

Wow, May Dream,

Your reno is moving so fast! Seems faster than mine and I think we're both scheduled to move in at the same time (end of the month) and I haven't even started packing yet omg!

So happy that everything is going so smoothly for you! Can't wait to go over and see your HUGE room and fridge! We have lots to chat about, eh? :)

You're of course, so very welcome to my place once it's done (if you're not scared of dogs/cats) - I can get you from the MRT station or something :) And we can soak in the nature over a glass of wine and jazz :)

-Ely

And yah boy, your fridge is HUGE! :o Everything is BIG in your houdse leh...super huge bed (2 x King size bed = super huge lor :P), huge wardrobe, huge bedroom and now huge fridge...you sure know how to pamper yourself and enjoy life :good::jammin:

Well, I presume there is no reno work over wkend? Hope you can take the opportunity to have a good rest and/or shop for items for your new home ;)

Waiting with much anticipation for your next update/pics :yamseng:

Ya, a lot of things are big except for the house itself... hahaha..... its just a normal 4 room flat, not EM or EA and not even a 5 room. hahahaha.... so the "huge" is still limited to the size of the flat. :(

Ya, a lot of things are big except for the house itself... hahaha..... its just a normal 4 room flat, not EM or EA and not even a 5 room. hahahaha.... so the "huge" is still limited to the size of the flat. :(

You have hacking here and hacking there, making the space more open & looks huge. Like my kitchen, my neighbours always say my kitchen looks bigger than theirs although we have same floor area.

Furniture layout & color theme play important role too.

Nevertheless, May, your house looks really BIg & your reno is making good progress!!

Edited by mae29

Wow, May Dream,

Your reno is moving so fast! Seems faster than mine and I think we're both scheduled to move in at the same time (end of the month) and I haven't even started packing yet omg!

So happy that everything is going so smoothly for you! Can't wait to go over and see your HUGE room and fridge! We have lots to chat about, eh? :)

You're of course, so very welcome to my place once it's done (if you're not scared of dogs/cats) - I can get you from the MRT station or something :) And we can soak in the nature over a glass of wine and jazz :)

-Ely

mine place is smaller than yours. that is why faster... and you have more work than mine too. :)

Yes, i haven't really pack too... just a few boxes here and there..... :bangwall: don't know whether i have time to pack for all. need to take more leave..... but thank goodness this coming fri is a public holiday. can stay at home to pack...hehehe...

ok, we arrange one day to visit your place... and if no GE on 21st may, you come too then you can see the rest of active forummers like mae29, friends78, marshmallow, kobelala, csingeu and whover that feels like coming to see my MBR.

RENOVATION DAY 21 : WIW

My initial plan is to have my WIW that are using pillars of woods, about an 1inch x 1 inch, with gap in between. So i can see through to my wardrobe area but not really can see everything. Just this few pillars alone, will cost me $2k, as quoted by ID when i was choosing ID for my reno.

So in the end, i drop that idea but did something cheap and simple, PARTITION WALL!!!

By doing this, i still able to have my WIW, just not as nice as i wanted it to be. So, after 3-4 years later, i will take down the partition and do this pillars that i wanted. Not full reno, just partial..... can't do everything at same time as $$$$ are limited.

Here is the pic of the partition.... will be painted to the colour that i wanted.

PartitionedMBR.jpg

You can see workers trying to do the box up so that my headboard will be same width as the pillar to put my 2 king beds. Simple MBR, no fanciful headboard or wall paper. Just a big platform for 2 king beds. Simple wish, isn't it? :P

RENOVATION DAY 21 : WIW

Here is the pic of the partition.... will be painted to the colour that i wanted.

PartitionedMBR.jpg

You can see workers trying to do the box up so that my headboard will be same width as the pillar to put my 2 king beds. Simple MBR, no fanciful headboard or wall paper. Just a big platform for 2 king beds. Simple wish, isn't it? :P

Sis May

I know there is no headboard, where is your bed facing? Are you using the back of wardrobe as headboard?

Edited by mae29