Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Errandz

Dj's Own Place...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

dJ's own place should be talking about dj's life right? expecting life experience.

I am abit slow.. I din get that.. :dunno:

Thought its house experience here? What kinda life experience would you like to read about? I'm sure the wife would love to share all the other info like the ROM experience n photoshoot experience and all.. :D

You ate making good progress in your Reno. When is ur expected date of completion?

Hi,

I think the progress was quite good. Generally there was something happening every day so there wasn't a sense of delaying at all. On top of that, Henry and Ran were giving calls every other day to update us on what was going on. So that had things feeling smooth and delay-free..

Anyway, the expected handover will be next week after the rectifications of some remaining minor issues and the cabinet construction/installation..

Day 11 -

Piping opening sealed at washing maching base [The old design had a BIG hole in the wall to allow the washing machine outlet pipe into the toilet; the new design has a new plastic pipe fit into the wall and the space around it filled properly]

Sanitary items shipped to the house.

Floor area between the MBR and the new MBR walkway tiled.

Main Door installed.

Common toilet tiling completed.

Day11-SanitaryWarescomeinDoorinstalledToiletdone.jpg

Day 12 -

Main Door (Nyatoh - Non hollow) has been painted.

Room Doors (Classic doors) have been installed.

Plastering of the kitchen (over existing tiles) has begun.

Stainless Steel Waterpipe installed for the kitchen.

Day12-Doorsinstalledkitchenplastered.jpg

Errandz, your reno is pretty fast..... We started at about the same time, yet mine will be completed by end of this mth.

Errandz, your reno is pretty fast..... We started at about the same time, yet mine will be completed by end of this mth.

I just went by your site for a quick peek (sneaking around during ofc time :D ).. Looks like you have alot more things being done after all.. I only overhauled the toilet, and did kitchen cabinet, and remodelled one area of the old MBR. So when we compare the works in that sense, I think your folks are getting more things done in less time than over at my place. But I am fine as is the current pace for mine la. Don't know if I could keep up if it were any faster.

Hi Errandz,

Your t-blog is really impressive! From signing OTP, keys collection to daily renovation progress with detailed photos and captions. Your house layout is so nice, squarish shape has good floor usage and easier planning. We also bought a resale 5rm flat @MacPherson but the living room is in rectangle shape and a corridor which occupied some space.

May I know how to post the photos neatly like yours?

Thanks!

Hi Errandz,

Your t-blog is really impressive! From signing OTP, keys collection to daily renovation progress with detailed photos and captions. Your house layout is so nice, squarish shape has good floor usage and easier planning. We also bought a resale 5rm flat @MacPherson but the living room is in rectangle shape and a corridor which occupied some space.

May I know how to post the photos neatly like yours?

Thanks!

Hi there,

if you mean the grouping of 4-5 pics into one that you see me doing alot, you can use Adobe Photoshop, and similar. In fact, I use Paint.NET (free online :D ). Then its just about taking abit of time to copy the individual pics onto a blank image and arranging them. Its not too hard.

One advice I can give if you are going to try it, use 'Layers' for every picture. It allows you to work like how our teachers worked with transparencies in school long ago when there were OHPs. If each layer has a pic, when you want to add words, or make changes, you just work on that layer (transparency) and don't need to worry about the others. I'm sure you can google up alot of help online if you are really eager.

And feel free to ask here too! I'll def help where I can.

Day 13 -

Kitchen Walls plastering has been completed.

Toilet sanitary fittings (wetwork items) installed.

New MBR walk-in wall also cemented nicely.

Day13-PlasteringDonePipingDoneSanitaryDone.jpg

We love how the kitchen looks 'younger' now without the older fashioned tiles.. I m sure alot of people would have advised us to save the cost here since we were going budget and are planning to rent after 1.5yrs. To just live with the tiles...

But we feel that for the cost of plastering over the old tiles (without hacking, saves a fair bit of $$), this was a value for money item in making the originally unbearable house, not just bearable but actually even enjoyable..