Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi all, glad to know that this forum exists... =)

Ayes.. for the time being, well... i guess i have to read up more info in this forum....

Anyway my floor plan..... Very tough to design, 1st... very small.. 2nd.. Out of shape... haha

~'96'~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Well here's mah floor plan...

3rm.jpg

Here's the design i'm cming up wif..

STartup.jpg

So far.. possible? Please advise... thx~

~'96'~

Why choose to hack off the master bedroom toilet wall?...are u leaving it as an open concept?

You had made ur masterbedroom space even smaller, let alone visually cramped. The insertion of the so-called platform near the window takes up a lot of space.

When u start designing, ask urself a few questions:

1. How often you use the spaces? cause u need to start giving priorities to the area usage.

2. Who is using the spaces? For example, how many people staying in this house?...

If only 2 of you staying there, ( u and ur spouse ), u might wanna hack off the bedroom 1 wall and make the master bedroom bigger. Hacking of the toilet wall is not too good of an idea.

Hope my post does not offend u or something. Just being constructive in thoughts

Hi

Few point, if u believe in fengshui,

1. Be careful of the stove placement because u have a toilet door, do not face it towards stove

2. Do not use open concept toilet cause toilet space should not be too big cause it Is the place that is where the negative qi is, if u use open concept mean u are expanding the space

3. Your masterbed room bed try to position it to avoid facing the door

Just some thoughts, but main thing is still u are comfortable living in it.

Why choose to hack off the master bedroom toilet wall?...are u leaving it as an open concept?

You had made ur masterbedroom space even smaller, let alone visually cramped. The insertion of the so-called platform near the window takes up a lot of space.

When u start designing, ask urself a few questions:

1. How often you use the spaces? cause u need to start giving priorities to the area usage.

2. Who is using the spaces? For example, how many people staying in this house?...

If only 2 of you staying there, ( u and ur spouse ), u might wanna hack off the bedroom 1 wall and make the master bedroom bigger. Hacking of the toilet wall is not too good of an idea.

Hope my post does not offend u or something. Just being constructive in thoughts

Hihihi gilbert, thx for the reply... nope no offense at all but appreciated for ur advises, for it'll make me brainstorm more for the design as not to make mistakes when i wanna start my reno..

Really tough to design ahh.. As for the platform, i was thinking of making it a storage area, wif the steps and the sides of the platform like a cabinet and also a place to relax after a hard day work..

3rm 62m2 hardly can fit any wiw ahh... We thot of not expanding our mbr into the other rm as for our future gen.. Currently, just the 2 of us.. =)

Hi

Few point, if u believe in fengshui,

1. Be careful of the stove placement because u have a toilet door, do not face it towards stove

2. Do not use open concept toilet cause toilet space should not be too big cause it Is the place that is where the negative qi is, if u use open concept mean u are expanding the space

3. Your masterbed room bed try to position it to avoid facing the door

Just some thoughts, but main thing is still u are comfortable living in it.

Hi muffin, thx for the caution.. i'll look further into it.. Although dun really belief into fengshui.. but fengshui do make a lot of sense at times...

As for the stove will more likely to be placed further inside of the kitchen... thot of combining dining area with kitchen.. therefor wanna shift the toilet door to the living area..

Hee thot that open concept toilet would b quite unique mah.. thats y.. Anyone else having open concept toilets to share? Or do anyone actually have one...?

Ya will do.. need to rethink on my bed placement... Ur rite in a way.. If facing the door will be quite weird when someone opens it, his/her view woulden be very nice..

Thanks for all ur opinions..

-'96'-

For open concept toilet, I did saw one which my friend hacked the wall and put glass wall, hmm but i think it is not consider open concept, cause it is still cover with wall

For open concept toilet, I did saw one which my friend hacked the wall and put glass wall, hmm but i think it is not consider open concept, cause it is still cover with wall

Hmm... glass wall... But its gonna be quite tough maintaining the glass wall right? Or tempered glass will do the trick?

As for the pole system wiw.. can anyone tell me waz the depth of the wardrobes? And waz the comfortable space required in front of it? thinking of having one.. but space contrains might just drop the idea..

-'96'-

Tried very hard to change... Guess i'll replace half glass walls to the toilet... Can't do much to the bed facing, spacing constrain..

Anyway, here the change... Will discuss with an ID/Contractor on these... Or any advises? :)

-'96'-

neweditflrplan.jpg

Updated Kitchen...

Well as for living rm.. Think wait for my ID to design for me... Living rms all seems very standard right? Moreover, i dun have much space to play around wif... :)

:sport-smiley-018:

Kitchencomplete.jpg

-'96'-

Very bold!! A tub next to window!! Ritz Carlton!! Although I wonder whether hdb will allow that or not.

Haha.. Ya lor.. Testing the limits.. Dunno issit only affected by weight, hopefully can..

My window very unblock view.. so shoulden be a prob in regards to privacy... :sport-smiley-004:

-'96'-

Updated Kitchen...

Well as for living rm.. Think wait for my ID to design for me... Living rms all seems very standard right? Moreover, i dun have much space to play around wif... :)

Kitchencomplete.jpg

-'96'-

Hi Agent 96,

Care to share with me what software u use to design?

I'm also in the midst of coming out a software design.

PMed u.

Haha.. Ya lor.. Testing the limits.. Dunno issit only affected by weight, hopefully can..

My window very unblock view.. so shoulden be a prob in regards to privacy... :sport-smiley-004:

-'96'-

dun tink u can locate the bathtub to the window. the load kN/m2 may not take it. also, the plumbing (waste water discharge pipe) may be an issue.

PS: is this flat near commonwealth MRT? that 3 new blocks 80+ ??

Edited by neubie

Hihi,

There's two views to look at your layout, some might find it awkard corners some may find it interesting to design. For me I find it interesting :)

I can see you like the cozy platform area at mbr. However the other br layout seem edgy and not continuity. Tt's my comment, no offence.

Do u think I can draw on your layout and see if I can play around with the furniture placement? Just for interest. I will post it to u if I can come out with my views.

Cheers

Quite tough to design the awkward BRs... took me very long time to actually come out with some ideas nia..

Ya the other BR quite edgy.. Ayes with limited space and also liked the idea of having the jacuzzi by the window dunno how to design also.. haha

Anyways.. My ID checked with HDB le.. cannot do the jacuzzi by the window due to waterproofing issue.. :sad:

Feel free to post ur design~ :dribble: Would gladly accept any ideas hee hee :rolleyes:

dun tink u can locate the bathtub to the window. the load kN/m2 may not take it. also, the plumbing (waste water discharge pipe) may be an issue.

PS: is this flat near commonwealth MRT? that 3 new blocks 80+ ??

Ya lor.. cannot le.. so sians... Heard its not due to the weight but the water thingy out of toilet, etc etc.. IF due to water discharge, the pipings can be concealed wif raised platforms discussed wif contractor the other day, be4 the rejection..

Hee hee.. Ain't at commonwealth.. Somewhere around city area.. =)

Anyway will be looking into my designs on sat le.. excited siah~ :thumbs up:

-'96'-