Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lawry

Does Your Toilet Always Smell Of Poo?

I have this nagging problem for a long time.

So far, all of us are using the common toilet for big biz while the MBR toilet is only for small biz.

For the longest time, there's this smell of poo in my MBR toilet all the time and it's spreading to my walk in wardrobe.

I have used remedies like battery operated automatic sprays, air fresheners, one-drop fragrance from Japan kobayashi.

But it seems like the problem doesn't come from my own toilet..

I googled for a solution and I found this, a blog which talks about this.

http://renovation-greencoal.blogspot.com/2...-bowl_5977.html

Any of you facing the same problem??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Just to reiterate, it's strictly Fart smell and not smell of something else.. :P

If it smell, then something must be wrong with the trap.

Could the base of your trap be stuck with debris? The same outlet for HDB sink and WC are common. If gas came out from you WC, its possible to come out from the basin drain as well.

S$0.02

I've got the same problem lingering on me for the past 3 years - its also MBR. I've asked ppl to open it up and didn't find anything wrong. In fact I replaced the thing (I don't know how you call it but its function is connecting the toilet bowl to the waste pipe) and it still smells. now I regularly put mothballs inside just to reduce the smell. Strangely after like a year, the smells just don't come so often. BTW, I've never use it to do big business either.

I've got the same problem lingering on me for the past 3 years - its also MBR. I've asked ppl to open it up and didn't find anything wrong. In fact I replaced the thing (I don't know how you call it but its function is connecting the toilet bowl to the waste pipe) and it still smells. now I regularly put mothballs inside just to reduce the smell. Strangely after like a year, the smells just don't come so often. BTW, I've never use it to do big business either.

where to get fragrance for the toilet???

Does putting a exhaust fan helps get rid of this bad smell? I got this problem too and i thought of fixing a KDK exhaust fan in my toilet small window...

it definately can. can help reducing the humidity as well.

but i heard need to get approval for putting mounting exhaust fan at the window. not sure on this...

it definately can. can help reducing the humidity as well.

but i heard need to get approval for putting mounting exhaust fan at the window. not sure on this...

OMG... Are u serious? Im just installing an exhaust fan in my toilet window.. I better go and check it out..

OMG... Are u serious? Im just installing an exhaust fan in my toilet window.. I better go and check it out..

you did it yourself? :rolleyes: