Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

high end brands, hahah thats my problem, always like the luxury brands but pocket not deep enough. i am thinking of the bathtub for my kids and hb la, now my 2 boys squeeze into the free bathtub from the hospital of my older's birth, see them squeeze also very funny la and the 2 boys are always the ones enjoying the bathtub if we get to go for hotel stays! TBH i am so not a fan of bathtub (or rainshower actually) cos i find it is a waste of water and doesnt relax me one leh but who knows i may be the one enjoying them the most in future. :bath:

is watertapz near bathworld? would appreciate the addy when you can, no hurry as i still have at least 3 more months to go since just found a buyer for my current place and only at OTP stage. hmmmmmz, you playing the devil's advocate leh! i really dont think can have good rainshower AND bathtub cos the bathtub (those from royal fanco only) is average $1200 already. we're already compromising on things by buying everything on sale or discounted! kakaka, i always believe why pay full price when i can get the same things on sale :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

high end brands, hahah thats my problem, always like the luxury brands but pocket not deep enough. i am thinking of the bathtub for my kids and hb la, now my 2 boys squeeze into the free bathtub from the hospital of my older's birth, see them squeeze also very funny la and the 2 boys are always the ones enjoying the bathtub if we get to go for hotel stays! TBH i am so not a fan of bathtub (or rainshower actually) cos i find it is a waste of water and doesnt relax me one leh but who knows i may be the one enjoying them the most in future. :bath:

is watertapz near bathworld? would appreciate the addy when you can, no hurry as i still have at least 3 more months to go since just found a buyer for my current place and only at OTP stage. hmmmmmz, you playing the devil's advocate leh! i really dont think can have good rainshower AND bathtub cos the bathtub (those from royal fanco only) is average $1200 already. we're already compromising on things by buying everything on sale or discounted! kakaka, i always believe why pay full price when i can get the same things on sale :good:

Sis Sleek ,when your boys grow up, they wont want to play in your bath tub anymore :D me too, no deep pockets , so when walk into Bath World, see the high end toilet bowls very nice(1 look and u'll know very expensvie kind) don't dare ask got discount or not, even got discount, most probably cannot afford LOL

Oh, good that you've OTP your place and have you got your new place ? There's a Harvey Norman sale at Expo.... We going this Sunday to have a look as had not got our fridge, washer and dryer yet.

Sis Sleek ,when your boys grow up, they wont want to play in your bath tub anymore :D me too, no deep pockets , so when walk into Bath World, see the high end toilet bowls very nice(1 look and u'll know very expensvie kind) don't dare ask got discount or not, even got discount, most probably cannot afford LOL

Oh, good that you've OTP your place and have you got your new place ? There's a Harvey Norman sale at Expo.... We going this Sunday to have a look as had not got our fridge, washer and dryer yet.

Kobe hahaha when they grow up, i can either chuck it away (going to get free standing) or play with my hb in it, hahahahahah TMI-time :notti: oh yeah, i went to kohler too and like their toilet bowls, basins and tubs just dont like their shower heads (find the ones on promo so ugly) but had very very good service there and my mum managed to score a kohler kitchen sink from them; the boss brought in just that one sample pc so we thick skinned asked if they will sell it to us.

we found our new place & otp for it before placing our current place on the market. cos of my boys, i wanted to play it safe instead of doing it the other way round. i will likely start my own t-blog once i get my 1st appt for both sides la, cos for now i dont even have a soft copy of the floor plan for my new place-to-be, just the hard copy so will be getting my hb to scan it at work.

I have already shortlisted my stove, oven & dishwasher from Mega Kallang and i had a very unpleasant experience on the phone with someone from AMK EJ and they are not cheaper than mega anyways, am bringing my fridge from my current place as it is less than 2 yrs old. I find expo is way too far for me, by the time i travel there i will fall asleep liao, no need to think about shopping, ;) . Hope you get good bargains there, but do give mega, best denki and maybe some of the others a call first so you have an idea of the prices if you havent already.

i really dont think can have good rainshower AND bathtub cos the bathtub (those from royal fanco only) is average $1200 already. we're already compromising on things by buying everything on sale or discounted! kakaka, i always believe why pay full price when i can get the same things on sale :good:

Hi Sleek..u still can get a cheaper bathtub if u dont really mind of the brands. I bought mine at $559 (1500x750) from aos bathroom :yamseng:

Kobe hahaha when they grow up, i can either chuck it away (going to get free standing) or play with my hb in it, hahahahahah TMI-time :notti: oh yeah, i went to kohler too and like their toilet bowls, basins and tubs just dont like their shower heads (find the ones on promo so ugly) but had very very good service there and my mum managed to score a kohler kitchen sink from them; the boss brought in just that one sample pc so we thick skinned asked if they will sell it to us.

we found our new place & otp for it before placing our current place on the market. cos of my boys, i wanted to play it safe instead of doing it the other way round. i will likely start my own t-blog once i get my 1st appt for both sides la, cos for now i dont even have a soft copy of the floor plan for my new place-to-be, just the hard copy so will be getting my hb to scan it at work.

I have already shortlisted my stove, oven & dishwasher from Mega Kallang and i had a very unpleasant experience on the phone with someone from AMK EJ and they are not cheaper than mega anyways, am bringing my fridge from my current place as it is less than 2 yrs old. I find expo is way too far for me, by the time i travel there i will fall asleep liao, no need to think about shopping, ;) . Hope you get good bargains there, but do give mega, best denki and maybe some of the others a call first so you have an idea of the prices if you havent already.

LOL, Sis Sleek, yes, I've noted down the retail prices of the items I want, if the Expo is not really cheap, then I'll be going to Mega to "squeeze" them :dribble:

Hi Sleek..u still can get a cheaper bathtub if u dont really mind of the brands. I bought mine at $559 (1500x750) from aos bathroom :yamseng:

It's true, 1 over k for a bathtub seems quite high leh :)

It's true, 1 over k for a bathtub seems quite high leh :)

Thanks for the advise guys but I think those you are quoted is for built in tub, so still need to get contractor to build the tiles which I read is another $500+? if I can really get a free standing tub for $500, please tell me where ;)

Wife n me went tap and shower shopping, we went to IMM Hoe Kee, Sim Siang Choon, Grohe and then Balestier Bathworld and some other shops selling taps and basin along Balestier... ..

Over the past few days, we've did our research on taps and also got some helpful feedback from friends in RT... and we more or less had zoomed in on what are the taps we wanted... .. As it's both our off day today, we decided that we'll spend some of our hard earn money today :sport-smiley-004:

So we bought these items today late in the evening, and I believe we've got them at a good price as we've done sufficient research and price comparison :)

Our MBR Grohe rain shower that we've eyed since 2 weeks ago :wacko: finally decided to buy it :)

IMG-20110429-00368.jpg

IMG-20110429-00369.jpg

IMG-20110429-00372.jpg

Hi Kobelala,

Can I ask a silly question? Is there any different between the round head rain shower and the square head type others than the shape as in pricing, the raindrop feel, quality etc? And for the adjustable height type, what are the things we need to take note before buying? TIA

Cheers:) Emobebe

Hi Kobelala,

Can I ask a silly question? Is there any different between the round head rain shower and the square head type others than the shape as in pricing, the raindrop feel, quality etc? And for the adjustable height type, what are the things we need to take note before buying? TIA

Hi Emobebe, thanks for dropping by :) I think your question are not silly at all but very technical and I do not really know how to answer :lol:

This is the first time I'm using Grohe rainshower, so I'm not able to tell you the difference between those squares and this round that I bought. However, the Rain Shower is withe the Grohe Dreamspray system and its adjustable to number of different of spray patterns to suit individual needs and liking, for this system that I bought, there are 5 different spray pattern I can adjust and choose from.

As for the adjustable hand shower, my main concren was i wanted a silverflex water hose rather than those conventional shower hose. For wife and me, another very important factor for handshower is the water pressure from the hand shower have to be very strong so that we'll have a good clean bath.

I'm sorry if I did not really answer your questions and thanks again for popping by :)

Thanks for the advise guys but I think those you are quoted is for built in tub, so still need to get contractor to build the tiles which I read is another $500+? if I can really get a free standing tub for $500, please tell me where ;)

Oh Sleek, I think I know what u mean now... I'm heading to Jln besar and Balestier again tomorrow, I'll see if I can try to get some pics and prices for u... Best if you can let me know roughly what are the design u like, since u had not start your t-blog, u can post those pics here in my t-blog, I'm ok with it ;)

kobe, too sweet la you :wub: I saw the $580 and $720 bathtubs at Hoe Kee IMM earlier this evening when I went to get my mattress but very ugly leh... haha even my hb dont like it! Will pm you shortly

Hi Kobelala, we have the same Euphoria rainshower system! (^_^)

My SO and I went crazy at the Grohe sale a few weeks ago and bought the rainshowers, bathroom mixers, kitchen mixer (the one with retractable head) and accessories set BEFORE we had our 1st appt, engaged the ID, planned anything else, etc...

Spent a bomb, but I really love the idea of having the thermostatic controller so hopefully no regrets lar. Tho I must say I may not have bought so many Grohe stuff if I'd known how much my reno would cost. :P Plus now they are piled around the house and it's still months before my reno will start. :P

Btw for the storage heater tank, what capacity do you plan to get? We have 2 rainshowers in the upper bathrooms so we are thinking to get a 50L one. Dunno whether overkill or not enough.

How about toilet bowls? Which one do you plan to get? I'm eyeing Toto but think can only afford the low-end Toto...

My SO and I went crazy at the Grohe sale a few weeks ago and bought the rainshowers, bathroom mixers, kitchen mixer (the one with retractable head) and accessories set BEFORE we had our 1st appt, engaged the ID, planned anything else, etc...

Spent a bomb, but I really love the idea of having the thermostatic controller so hopefully no regrets lar. Tho I must say I may not have bought so many Grohe stuff if I'd known how much my reno would cost. :P Plus now they are piled around the house and it's still months before my reno will start. :P

Btw for the storage heater tank, what capacity do you plan to get? We have 2 rainshowers in the upper bathrooms so we are thinking to get a 50L one. Dunno whether overkill or not enough.

How about toilet bowls? Which one do you plan to get? I'm eyeing Toto but think can only afford the low-end Toto...

Hi Adidem, thanks for popping by :yamseng: Wow your Grohe Kitchen Tap cost close to 1k already ! Haha, yes, I must say wife n me got totally no regrets with the Grohe Euphoria rainshower, the Thermostat is with their German technology called Turbo Stat, but I dunno for what, only know it's very good :D

I had not get my Storage Tank, but IMHO, 50L is good enough, and u actually bought 2 Euphoria ! for us, we bought 1 for MBR only and for the Lvl 2 common toilet, we got the normal Grohe handshower n Grohe Mixer... Buy 2 too expensive la LOL.

Yes I've seen some lower end ToTo and Bravat (taht we really liked) and Johnson suisee, but they are not all compatible to HDB leh(dunno what the base attachment is different, only condo can use :dunno: ), still searching for toilet bowls.

So where is your new place and have u start looking for quotations ? :)

Hi Kobelala,

Hi Emobebe, I bought my Grohe stuff from:

Interior Affairs: 29 Tai Seng Ave, Level 1 & 2

They have a big showroom - nice for ideas. Also an area where they fixed up some shower heads for testing. I found it quite useful as you can compare the performance of the different shower heads. Most of the other shops I went to did not have such a display/test area. Think the only other one was the official Hansgrohe showroom but the Interior Affairs one was much bigger.

Not sure on pricing tho as I bought my stuff on sale, so did not bargain (ok, tried to get further discount but failed).

The pretty sales lady there did explain the diff between the Hansgrohe and Grohe rain showers. Not sure how accurate, but she said basically the rain dance is just introducing air into the mix and actually Grohe showers also have that functionality. I think if you are lucky you can find very knowledgeable sales staff there cos they carry Grohe exclusively. She also walked us through the different basin mixers (expensive ones have better 'feel') and the kitchen mixers (shape, function, etc).

Sorry to hijack the thread Kobelala! :P

Hey adidaem,

Not sure about overkill, but we have one rainshower (it's, however, the oversized 35x35cm) with a dedicated 50l Joven heater... The other bathroom is a normal shower stand, as it's only used for the pets and I don't think they'd appreciate a rainshower and we got a 25l for that.

As for toilets, simply pick one with the lowest tick rating for the best flushing :P We chose Geberit systems for ours. Oh, and make sure the seating is comfortable. There is a whole lot of difference when we "tested" several.

- Ely

Hi Adidem, thanks for popping by :yamseng: Wow your Grohe Kitchen Tap cost close to 1k already ! Haha, yes, I must say wife n me got totally no regrets with the Grohe Euphoria rainshower, the Thermostat is with their German technology called Turbo Stat, but I dunno for what, only know it's very good :D

I had not get my Storage Tank, but IMHO, 50L is good enough, and u actually bought 2 Euphoria ! for us, we bought 1 for MBR only and for the Lvl 2 common toilet, we got the normal Grohe handshower n Grohe Mixer... Buy 2 too expensive la LOL.

Yes I've seen some lower end ToTo and Bravat (taht we really liked) and Johnson suisee, but they are not all compatible to HDB leh(dunno what the base attachment is different, only condo can use :dunno: ), still searching for toilet bowls.

So where is your new place and have u start looking for quotations ? :)

Haha, ya, I also think quite overkill but we will use both toilets mah. Plus SO thought nicer if all the toilets are coordinated. My Minta sink mixer is around $400? Usual is $560 (excl GST) before discount right? The stuff were mostly at 30% off during the sale. After we got the bathroom fixtures we sorta stopped looking at them cos I heard toilet bowl must see the hole size plus my ID said will go with us (yeah, we got an ID).

I think my ID said their previous maisonette client at clementi also used Toto. Let me check at next appt. I'm going to be so devastated if I can't get a nice toilet bowl. Or mabbe will be 'forced' to do a wall hung toilet bowl then - my friend did that at his HDB toilet that is 'hotel' style. Sigh, more $$$ gone.

My new place is at Queenstown.

Hey adidaem,

Not sure about overkill, but we have one rainshower (it's, however, the oversized 35x35cm) with a dedicated 50l Joven heater... The other bathroom is a normal shower stand, as it's only used for the pets and I don't think they'd appreciate a rainshower and we got a 25l for that.

As for toilets, simply pick one with the lowest tick rating for the best flushing :P We chose Geberit systems for ours. Oh, and make sure the seating is comfortable. There is a whole lot of difference when we "tested" several.

- Ely

Hmm... we have 3 toilets sharing the 50L so I guess... no overkill at all then? Most of the shops we went to said very few HDB install 50L so that's why I was quite confused. Don't think we'll all shower at same time so I think 50L is enough? Don't seem to have guides on how to pick a storage heater capacity around.

Toilet seat yeah, my SO quite particular he don't want a kids sized bowl. Must be comfy.

For me , I want a powerful flush. I.e. "one flush, no residue". The one in my current rented apartment sometimes even toilet paper need to flush twice. Super waste water.

I actually love the Toto Neorest. Can't afford, so can only get the poor cousin version with hand bidet lor. LOL.

Thanks for sharing Ely. :)

Edited by adidaem