Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CutieCat

Cozykittens

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Unwanted connotations aside, to me bigger is always better!

Aiyah your pictures remind me that I've still haven't bought any broom/dustpan. :)

y headache over the tv size?

get the tv size u want and the feature wall to accommodate. unless u got budget la... i already inform my ID i wan to have at least a 46" TV so feature wall ID do got to accommodate to my tv choice. :P

Just to relate my encounters as im also looking for IDs at this point in time to decide on the reno for my jade spring flat.

We almost decided on engaging a certain ID but before we sign the contract, we asked to view their done projects at other area.

We were awed by the design they imposed at a certain flat and we almost wanted to sign the contract until i saw some 'ikea' like peeling of the laminates.

Tat turned me off a bit, as i walked around the hse, we found more of these peeling and the best part is that e hse was completed in jan this year.

How on earth can laminated carpentry peel off like tat within a short period of time? We did our research and consulted a few other IDs and we came to know that the laminates they use were of a lower grade thus the cheaper price.

Moral of the story, look at their completed projects before u sign else u might be better off buyer furnitures from ikea...

Edited by tanweijie

Just to relate my encounters as im also looking for IDs at this point in time to decide on the reno for my jade spring flat.

We almost decided on engaging a certain ID but before we sign the contract, we asked to view their done projects at other area.

We were awed by the design they imposed at a certain flat and we almost wanted to sign the contract until i saw some 'ikea' like peeling of the laminates.

Tat turned me off a bit, as i walked around the hse, we found more of these peeling and the best part is that e hse was completed in jan this year.

How on earth can laminated carpentry peel off like tat within a short period of time? We did our research and consulted a few other IDs and we came to know that the laminates they use were of a lower grade thus the cheaper price.

Moral of the story, look at their completed projects before u sign else u might be better off buyer furnitures from ikea...

I have this same experience before. Therefore, I would like to encourage anyone to view reno projects first before sign up. If you sign at the dotted line, then you can't do anything anymore except back out and forfeit your deposit. I admit that searching a good ID / Contractor is time consuming and a lot of homework to do but all this worth because it will filter out unnecessary problem in later part. Sometimes, I also feel tired and just wanna give up on renovation! LOL

Cheers:) Emobebe

I have this same experience before. Therefore, I would like to encourage anyone to view reno projects first before sign up. If you sign at the dotted line, then you can't do anything anymore except back out and forfeit your deposit. I admit that searching a good ID / Contractor is time consuming and a lot of homework to do but all this worth because it will filter out unnecessary problem in later part. Sometimes, I also feel tired and just wanna give up on renovation! LOL

Cheers:) Emobebe

u r e same like my gf... :D

but its always just 'say say', after a while, the enthusiasm comes back on...

sounds so scary..

care to share which ID is it ??

oh, request to view the past projects, never thought of that. thanks for the good pt. i meet my ID next week, need to negiotate $$ b4 we signed on the dotted lines.

y headache over the tv size?

get the tv size u want and the feature wall to accommodate. unless u got budget la... i already inform my ID i wan to have at least a 46" TV so feature wall ID do got to accommodate to my tv choice. :P

My budget is quite open, my concern is whether it fit in the living room? hehe, i abit troublesome, want the TV to fit in nicely, not to make the area to be smaller.

Most likely i shd be getting a Samsung LED, really look sleek and very thin! i heard they gg to launch a new series" D" in mid or end apr

I saw the series 5 in 'D' inthe Gain city expo fair. 46" Led Samsung gg for $2149. Really tempted to buy but I hope to get a Series 6 at least for a 46".

My budget is quite open, my concern is whether it fit in the living room? hehe, i abit troublesome, want the TV to fit in nicely, not to make the area to be smaller.

Most likely i shd be getting a Samsung LED, really look sleek and very thin! i heard they gg to launch a new series" D" in mid or end apr

We got a 40" Samsung LED ($999) for the bedroom because of its sleekness!! It's much thinner than most we saw. For the living room, we got a Sony 3D LED 46" for $2799 - sleekness not so important since we're mounting it on feature wall.

Go to the Gain City Expo and look at all the TVs imo, see which one you like!

-Ely

I can't find the thread for TV in the "Electronics & Electricals"..so strange.

I need help on the size of TV, i shd be getting. From the floorplan the distance between 2walls will be "3275". The Wall itself it "2750".

Btw,my ID quote me a 6ft Feature Wall. My concerns is not to strain the eyes and not making the living room become smaller.

It 42" too small or 47" too big?

The Wall for TV:

IMG_0695.jpg

Hi Cutiecat, IMHO, 47" is ok :) U have a nice TV area just beside your full height windows :good:

Or, to be more pedantic: here's an online calculator!

http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewing...calculator.html :D

Hope this helps! :)

-Ely

Ely, that's a helpful link :)

Most likely getting a 40 or 42" TV. still looking around, but among the brands, i think Samsung has the nicest TV, thin and sleeking looking. The current "C" series is going to EOL, changing to "D" series in April.

went to the harveynorman sales at Suntec City convention and milleniawalk and *spam to compare on pricing. In the end i buy a Hitachi Fridge from harveynorman, cause they giving free vacuum cleaner n rice cooker.

Picture3.png

EverJoint has good pricing too, but they din give any freebies, this is the crowd on Sat

IMG_0751.png

went to the harveynorman sales at Suntec City convention and milleniawalk and *spam to compare on pricing. In the end i buy a Hitachi Fridge from harveynorman, cause they giving free vacuum cleaner n rice cooker.

Picture3.png

That's a nice looking, spacious fridge! Good buy, I reckon, with free rice cooker and vacuum cleaner - less things for you to buy! :)

-Ely