Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nylswaj

Our 1st Home - Jade Spring @ Yishun

yup gotten keys already, reno in progress..

yah the rooms are quite small, combining them is better and nicer too..

i think for door opening depends on individual.. there are many ways to do it, but dont know which is the proper way..mayb can consult mae29, i think shes an expert in this field..

mine was done by my in laws.. had a few items for the door opening ceremony..

1)rice n salt to spread over the whole place..

2)5 x huat kuehs, 25 * oranges, some pink reddish buns(not the peach-shaped buns)..

3)1 x pineapple

4)joss sticks and incense papers..

the whole process is roughly like this: (i didnt get to see part of it because my animal sign is rather small, those with bigger animal signs get to go in the flat first)

1st , is to get someone with fierce animal signs..(like tiger, dragon etc) to open the door, shout huat ar.. then roll the pineapple as far as you can..

2nd, is to spread the rice n salt all over the place..

3rd, to place the huat kuehs, oranges, pink reddish buns on all corners of the flat and one set at the centre of the flat .. (i done it for the corners and the centre of the living rm only)

4th, lit the joss sticks and place onto the huat kuehs and burn the incense papers at all corners and the centre

Oicc.. Hee. Cos only 2 of us staying so thought shld make use of the rooms =) then MBR got bigger space.. Have u gotten ur keys?

Btw any1 can advise what to do for door opening? The only thing we know is roll pineapple. LOL.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh... Ur floorplan different from mine.

Confirm ok with divider n shoe cabinet. Envy...

I don't have space for my shoes...

For the open door will depends. My mil bring those leaves with water n sprinkle in every corner.

Some will sprinkle rice n salt but my hub uncle say that is too "zhong".

N yes, rolling of ong lai!!

Huat ah!!

yah i agree,

really envy got the space for the divider cabinet and shoe cabinet

our layout is different, cant even put a shoe cabinet at the foyer

For the open door will depends. My mil bring those leaves with water n sprinkle in every corner.

Huat ah!!

i think for door opening depends on individual.. there are many ways to do it, but dont know which is the proper way..mayb can consult mae29, i think shes an expert in this field..

2)5 x huat kuehs, 25 * oranges, some pink reddish buns(not the peach-shaped buns)..

3)1 x pineapple

the whole process is roughly like this: (i didnt get to see part of it because my animal sign is rather small, those with bigger animal signs get to go in the flat first)

1st , is to get someone with fierce animal signs..(like tiger, dragon etc) to open the door, shout huat ar.. then roll the pineapple as far as you can..

3rd, to place the huat kuehs, oranges, pink reddish buns on all corners of the flat and one set at the centre of the flat .. (i done it for the corners and the centre of the living rm only)

4th, lit the joss sticks and place onto the huat kuehs and burn the incense papers at all corners and the centre

Thankssss C&S for the comprehensive details on what to do..haha. I'm born in the yr of tiger so i should get to open and shout HUAT ar! Hahaha, some of my frens tell me to shout Siam ar also to scare away those "dirty" things..LOL. But i think also hv to ask my future-in-laws their opinion also bah, i ask my parents they say leave it to them to decide..

My fren told me to buy a big bao and roll tgt with pineapple so that "bao huat" and "bao ong lai". =P

Can't wait for our flats to be ready! =)

As for our floor plan, yah think our blk n another blk same floor plan, we like the blk cos its one whole piece of rectangle living room instead of gt a small corner for dinning.. Hee. Thats y we got space to do divider and shoe cabinet.. =)

Huat ah!!

Oicc.. how's ur floor plan like? The one open door then side got small corner for dinning table?

Actually i think the sprinkle water one sounds better instead of salt n rice..cos not so dirty. LoL.

Huat ar!

haha no problem at all,

yah your layout is good, kitchen also slightly bigger~

I like the idea of the bao and pineapple together, sounds good haha..

BAO HUAT, BAO ONG LAI AH!! :D

Thankssss C&S for the comprehensive details on what to do..haha. I'm born in the yr of tiger so i should get to open and shout HUAT ar! Hahaha, some of my frens tell me to shout Siam ar also to scare away those "dirty" things..LOL. But i think also hv to ask my future-in-laws their opinion also bah, i ask my parents they say leave it to them to decide..

My fren told me to buy a big bao and roll tgt with pineapple so that "bao huat" and "bao ong lai". =P

Can't wait for our flats to be ready! =)

As for our floor plan, yah think our blk n another blk same floor plan, we like the blk cos its one whole piece of rectangle living room instead of gt a small corner for dinning.. Hee. Thats y we got space to do divider and shoe cabinet.. =)

3)1 x pineapple

WAh, I really dunno abt this process for the door opening... Just read your process...will follow your guideline then...

Haha emobebe,

thats the way i done it..but im not very sure whether it is the proper way to do or not,

i think its better to consult ppl in those shops selling joss sticks, incense papers etc..they are experts in this area..

another thing to add: must pray to the earth god at all corners n centre when placing the joss sticks..

WAh, I really dunno abt this process for the door opening... Just read your process...will follow your guideline then...

Hi! WELCOME TO YISHUN.....

I'm staying at the current flats next to jadespring~

Hello!! I m very very new to Yishun! I've stayed in Jurong West ALL MY LIFE and moving to Yishun is like so unfamiliar.. I don't even know how to get to Jadespring by public transport cos of the few times i went there my dad would drive us there.. Hahaha. If i get lost and i post here ur must respond k. LOL.

Hi,

Welcome to RT! Nice 3D drawings....

Can't wait to see more photos from your side. Meanwhile, enjoy the process of reno!

Cheers:) Emobebe

Hi Emobebe! Are u from JS also? =)

Hello!! I m very very new to Yishun! I've stayed in Jurong West ALL MY LIFE and moving to Yishun is like so unfamiliar.. I don't even know how to get to Jadespring by public transport cos of the few times i went there my dad would drive us there.. Hahaha. If i get lost and i post here ur must respond k. LOL.

No worries... u just moved to the most ulu part of yishun.... hahahaha

Still quite a few years before this side of the town develop up......

Got chance I sure visit u one.......

No worries... u just moved to the most ulu part of yishun.... hahahaha

Still quite a few years before this side of the town develop up......

Got chance I sure visit u one.......

Hahaha.. thanks ar,for telling me its the most ulu part. LoL. just joking :P

Well, i shall try and adapt n not suffer withdrawal symptoms..haahaha

I also from Jurong west till i got married to Sembawang. Then now moving to Yishun.

Hi Folks,

I will be staying in BLk 442. I will like to ask if any of you install city gas heater? I want to install but it looks like the design of the new flat is not favourable for that as the heater point is at the common toilet. Have anyone install city gase heater yet? Am I right to say our flat design is not suitable?

Thanks.