Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nandemoii

Gangsta's Paradise

Hello everyone, welcome to the Gangsta's Paradise! :jammin: hehe! We bought a resale 5I at Gangsa Road and got the keys in Mar 2011. I have been lurking around renotalk since last year, stalking t-blogs in stealth mode and admiring all the beautiful houses. Oh, and I would like to thank all those who replied my private messages!

For those who have never heard of Gangsa Road (which I think would be nearly everyone), it is at Bukit Panjang. Contrary to the name of our t-blog, we are actually very peace-loving people :P That's why we hope that our renovation would be as fuss-free as possible. Here's our floorplan:

5633744945_f1034dc195_z.jpg

Restricted by a very tight budget, we are not doing anything fancy. Just the basic works like flooring, toilets, kitchen cabinets, windows and grilles. No feature wall, no cove lightings, no full-length mirror walls etc...so please lower your expectations! :D More photos of the pre-reno flat coming up.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I realised i didn't take any photos of the toilets. Haha oh well, they're gone by now. Hacking commenced on 18 Apr, and delivery of tiles and materials would be today/tomorrow. The project manager just called to say that the tiles which we had chosen for the toilet floor is out of stock. Sigh. First hiccup. The tile shop should have told us when we chose the tiles on 17 Apr, no? 8| Hopefully they will be able to find similar tiles as we like it a lot.

Wow your place looks big! EA? Can share which block?

It's a 5 room, 122 sqm (I think...or is it 120? haha somewhere around there). It's at the blk 16X area :D

I am a bug admirer of huge spaces!

Nothing wrong with keeping things simple - best wishes on your reno :)

Thanks hafiizh, your house is looking really good! love the handwritten comments on your pictures!

Just some updates on what has been happening...hacking is completed, tiling began on 23/4 saturday. Just to check with u guys, is it a normal thing for the tilers to throw their cigarette butts all over the place? I'm fine if they throw it onto the un-tiled floor, but just wondering whether the cigarette butts would leave a mark if they throw it onto the new tiles.

Some photos on the hacked place:

5643057181_5131b62712_z.jpg

5643057193_e4c94fa636_z.jpg

5643057203_4d4803b2da_z.jpg

5643057213_0f2458757f_z.jpg

hey fellow EA/panjangnian, a late one but welcome to RT ya!

we seem to have similar layout but yrs have a balcony!!!!

exciting times ahead and like i always put in rt,

"from hail of destructions, a new flat shall rose!"

enjoy the reno journey!

hey fellow EA/panjangnian, a late one but welcome to RT ya!

we seem to have similar layout but yrs have a balcony!!!!

exciting times ahead and like i always put in rt,

"from hail of destructions, a new flat shall rose!"

enjoy the reno journey!

Thanks neo, I've been drooling over your kitchen for so long! :dribble: We're getting a white solid surface top too, will need lots of trivets and mats!

Hello and Welcome! Hope I'm not too late in welcoming u:) Re the cigarette butts on the new tiles, yes. i do spot one or two and even a coffee stain on the kitchen tiles! But after the acid wash, the tiles are as good as new... If there's still marking left, just get your tiler to redo. They created the mess so they will have to clean it. And on the white solid surface, I think it's maintenance free. I have white for my kitchen top and black for my island. My black island top looks dirty always...no matter how much I clean it. So white is still easier to take care than black. Have smooth reno journey :yamseng:

Hello and Welcome! Hope I'm not too late in welcoming u:) Re the cigarette butts on the new tiles, yes. i do spot one or two and even a coffee stain on the kitchen tiles! But after the acid wash, the tiles are as good as new... If there's still marking left, just get your tiler to redo. They created the mess so they will have to clean it. And on the white solid surface, I think it's maintenance free. I have white for my kitchen top and black for my island. My black island top looks dirty always...no matter how much I clean it. So white is still easier to take care than black. Have smooth reno journey :yamseng:

Thanks for all your help! Let me say this again, your house is beauuuu-tiful! :D

Our kitchen floor tiles are brown and toilet floor tiles are grey, so I guess the markings wouldn't show up much. I'm more concerned about the living room tiles which are sort of cream coloured....gah hope they don't throw the butts on those *cross fingers*