Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
west

Queenstown 4 Rm Resale

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haha, sounds like what my agent said about my apartment. But your view is seriously excellent.

Btw just curious if you hear the MRT track sound from your place? Just wondering how far up sound travels. Am guessing little impact cos that's what I heard about the Metropolitan condo - extremely high floors are not affected (but the noise is really bad for the lower ones).

frankly speaking, it is rather loud even at 39th floor. my agent told us that sound travel upwards, but i think it travels in all directions.

it did bother us a bit at first , esp after 11pm, but i think we are getting used to it. we used to put up with the fighter jets roar at our old place in jurong west, which can be even louder

but again, the sound makes the entire place more 'lively', giving it a living in a city feeling... i used to think the quietness and static view (top of mscp and greenery) of our old place is kinda dull... so i am not complaining so much now notti.gif

WOW! :jawdrop: Unbelievable collection!! Looks like the display shelf of a toy store!!

I can imagine the sense of pride, joy and satisfaction to have finally found the perfect storage for your toy car collection :sport-smiley-004:

So glad to find a like minded toy collector in the forum! Although we are collecting different stuffs... Your glass cabinet is really a source of inspiration for my upcoming reno. Cant wait to start on mine!! :yamseng:

Edited by zone23

Hi West, your toy collection is truly amazing ..... I possibly may get a display cabinet for my living hall too!

WOW.. I collect die-cast model cars too!! :dribble:

but my 'cars' are mostly of tomica-sized.

And I see quite a few models which I have too.. :D

Nice collection! :thumbs up:

Ok, after a nite of arranging :)

1b983e35.jpg

c0f4775b.jpg

yea.. it's a matter of getting used to. :)

It's true sound travel upwards (dunnoe why). I been to houses beside an expressway - the unit at >10th floor is more noisy than the one <5th floor. It is the same for my current flat too. At 24th floor, I can still hear traffic noises but at ground floor, it is very quiet.

frankly speaking, it is rather loud even at 39th floor. my agent told us that sound travel upwards, but i think it travels in all directions.

it did bother us a bit at first , esp after 11pm, but i think we are getting used to it. we used to put up with the fighter jets roar at our old place in jurong west, which can be even louder

but again, the sound makes the entire place more 'lively', giving it a living in a city feeling... i used to think the quietness and static view (top of mscp and greenery) of our old place is kinda dull... so i am not complaining so much now notti.gif

WOW! :jawdrop: Unbelievable collection!! Looks like the display shelf of a toy store!!

I can imagine the sense of pride, joy and satisfaction to have finally found the perfect storage for your toy car collection :sport-smiley-004:

So glad to find a like minded toy collector in the forum! Although we are collecting different stuffs... Your glass cabinet is really a source of inspiration for my upcoming reno. Cant wait to start on mine!! :yamseng:

it all begin with the simple idea of having a 2 way display shelf , so that light can pass thru and make the corridor darker. we didnt thought of hacking the entire wall but as things progress, the idea slowly evolved..

even up till the point of time before they fix up everything, we can only imagine/visualise from the draft drawings but the finished work really exceeded our expectations.

yea.. it's a matter of getting used to. :)

It's true sound travel upwards (dunnoe why). I been to houses beside an expressway - the unit at >10th floor is more noisy than the one <5th floor. It is the same for my current flat too. At 24th floor, I can still hear traffic noises but at ground floor, it is very quiet.

i believe the road/rail actually cut off the sound, therefore it is actually quieter below.

i observe this too.

just to share some picts of our MBR, almost done, except headboard (black glass) and cushion backing :)

as0006.jpg

little bedside storage area for dvd player and stuff

as0007.jpg

corner of the room

as0009.jpg

our ikea mirror at the toilet corridor

as0010.jpg

Living Room :

Minor additions: added the black mirror/glass to the backings of our shoe cabinet and shelf on the wall.

as0005-1.jpg

our common toilet

as0002-1.jpg

as0003-1.jpg

as0004-1.jpg

toilet view

as0008.jpg

I really love what you've done with the toilet! And I am really tempted to do the same with my own. But my hubby (who's a bit shy) isn't so keen on letting it all hang out... so to speak. Can't blame him really. He's sharing this flat with 4 women - his wife, his sister and his 2 daughters. He's a little outnumbered! ;)

I told him that he just needs to make sure that the bedroom door is locked if he's using the bathroom so that no one can accidentally walk in on him while he is... ahem... busy answering the call of nature. But, he still says "no way". Oh well... :bath: