Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sneaky_ho

Id Refuse To Provide Quotation

Hi

Would like to poll from all if this is a normal practice by ID firm.

We met up this ID firm from recent expo and 2 rounds of discussion with the ID - one at the expo and 2nd one at their office. On the 2nd meeting, the ID showed us the sketch design and quotation. As I need the quotation for detail consideration, I asked for it to be provided tome but the ID said that it is not a normal practice for them to give the quotation away.

Can you advise if this normal practice by ID firm or should I be looking for someone else?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi

We met up this ID firm from recent expo and 2 rounds of discussion with the ID - one at the expo and 2nd one at their office. On the 2nd meeting, the ID showed us the sketch design and quotation. As I need the quotation for detail consideration, I asked for it to be provided tome but the ID said that it is not a normal practice for them to give the quotation away.

Can you advise if this normal practice by ID firm or should I be looking for someone else?

if they are not interested, just walk away. its their lost opportunity, not yours.

If the ID refused to provide quotation, it mean they are not very keen on your business.

So.. move to next Q

all IDs will give u quote one. We definitely must see the prices first before signing on the dotted line ma.

Look for others. Dont waste time with them...

My id provide me with quotation on the spot. giving him 20 min and he call back.. quite impressed with the way he way and seems experience enough. so if an ID don't wanna provide you with service and just forget about it.. you are not on the losing side anyway.

Hi

Its not normal practice for IDs to give sketch / drawings or even floorplans before signing of contract. However, this is the first time I heard of a company who is so protective of its quotation.

I m confused.. they show u the quote but just dont want to give to u? And ya.. its so strange that they showed u the sketch designs but withheld the quotations bcos usually they will give quotations and not sketch designs.

To me, that doesnt sound right. They must be hiding something...

Edited by listensea

Isn't that the whole purpose of getting a quotation? Its to compare prices!

Oh.. u will be surprised. Cos I have experienced it.

A very popular with good comments contractor seems to have been pissed off by my comparison and have outright reject my biz when initially I tot I could consider waiting for him after spending much time with him. Was really into the final stage of fine-tuning, clarification and final plea for a better deal prior to signing on the dotted line. It was just less than 2 weeks to my planned start date. I have tried to post a new thread here hoping to warn people, asking for help and seek recommendation for contractor with good workmanship but till now I cant find the thread.. hmm... cant get pass the moderator?

Actually after posting, I start to wonder if i should share openly abt my experience cos that contractor know my address having visited my unit. ah.. perhaps the moderator tot of that and was protecting me?? dunno.. but I wasnt informed why the thread never show.

I am happy to share via PM if you wish to know.

Now I am skeptical abt good comments u know...and I just read another one with good comments now with forummers having problem reaching that contractor...

Just be wary and I hope they will reveal their wolf's tail before u commit.

Edited by listensea

Oh.. u will be surprised. Cos I have experienced it.

A very popular with good comments contractor seems to have been pissed off by my comparison and have outright reject my biz when initially I tot I could consider waiting for him after spending much time with him. Was really into the final stage of fine-tuning, clarification and final plea for a better deal prior to signing on the dotted line. It was just less than 2 weeks to my planned start date. I have tried to post a new thread here hoping to warn people, asking for help and seek recommendation for contractor with good workmanship but till now I cant find the thread.. hmm... cant get pass the moderator?

Actually after posting, I start to wonder if i should share openly abt my experience cos that contractor know my address having visited my unit. ah.. perhaps the moderator tot of that and was protecting me?? dunno.. but I wasnt informed why the thread never show.

I am happy to share via PM if you wish to know.

Now I am skeptical abt good comments u know...and I just read another one with good comments now with forummers having problem reaching that contractor...

Just be wary and I hope they will reveal their wolf's tail before u commit.

No la...your thread is still "alive".

I think some IDs do not provide a quotation for me to bring home is common. I met with 5 and 4 of them refused to give me the quotations. But i see them on the spot and i take my time (hahaha at least 2 hours) to see them especially their materials and measurements to make sure i am getting the best stuff as offered by the IDs. 3 of them took almost 2 weeks to do up the quotations, the other 2 took 2 days to show me the quote. And the prices took my breathe away hahahaha

Because i was in advertising trade, so i guess i can understand where that policy came from. Its kindda standard across MNC.

Code of Ethic

But sadly enough none can offer me the design i really want.

Honestly, i think i will look at the past jobs they have done, if possible to visit to one of the actual completed units would suffice.

can u share with us with firm is it? so we no need to waste our time.

I alway advise people to go shopping for quote.

I mean, IDs might hate us for this, but it's our hard earn money.