Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tjwm338

Railing For Maisonette

Hi everyone!

Have a few questions regarding railings for maisonette that I hope the gurus here can help me with?

1) Noticed that some of you actually remove the HDB railings and not replace with any other railings. I think this is a cool idea as it will really open up the space of the flat.

Is this allowed by HDB? I.e. removing the railings and not installing any and keeping the staircase railing-free?

2) Any good railing contractors to recommend? Due to low budget, I will probably choose the cheapest materials, etc. Can PM me details of your railing contractors? Need to have low price.

Thanks much!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

u sure no railings? Not dangerous meh? Some replaced with glass railings, like in shopping centers. but those are significantly more expensive.

My contractor quoted me 1.4k for wrought iron railings and wooden grip.

Another ID quoted 2k.

I didn't replace it in the end, just paint over.

Just a rough gauge for u

Hi everyone!

Have a few questions regarding railings for maisonette that I hope the gurus here can help me with?

1) Noticed that some of you actually remove the HDB railings and not replace with any other railings. I think this is a cool idea as it will really open up the space of the flat.

Is this allowed by HDB? I.e. removing the railings and not installing any and keeping the staircase railing-free?

2) Any good railing contractors to recommend? Due to low budget, I will probably choose the cheapest materials, etc. Can PM me details of your railing contractors? Need to have low price.

Thanks much!

1) Think not really supposed to, but yeah loads of examples in Home&Decor etc. Not planning for kids?

Soichiro: Dats really dirt cheap with wood some more.

My contractor quoted: $3.2k excl dismantling.

I got another guy, willing to do at $2.3k + dismantling old staircase