Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MeiLinChCh

Lighting Shop

Anyone bought from gallery of lights by best tech near paya Lebar?

Any reviews?

Looking to get LED ceiling lights from them. Quoted $65 each. 2 years warranty.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

just across the road, there's 2 more lighting shops. Go there to compare prices.

Anyone bought from gallery of lights by best tech near paya Lebar?

Any reviews?

Looking to get LED ceiling lights from them. Quoted $65 each. 2 years warranty.

one of them is lighting.com.sg right?

yupz..went in there..but they only got branded (philips) so a little more expensive..dont have no brands lights.

not just looking at prices..just want to be sure of their after sales service (if lights spoil) those sort of things

read about this place in sunos/ubi area..almost every single post is a bad review..i also went there to have a look..prices were really cheap..but i banned them from my list just from reading the reviews

just across the road, there's 2 more lighting shops. Go there to compare prices.

Next door to lightings.com.sg is vlux. you can check vlux, they have both branded and non-branded.

one of them is lighting.com.sg right?

yupz..went in there..but they only got branded (philips) so a little more expensive..dont have no brands lights.

not just looking at prices..just want to be sure of their after sales service (if lights spoil) those sort of things

read about this place in sunos/ubi area..almost every single post is a bad review..i also went there to have a look..prices were really cheap..but i banned them from my list just from reading the reviews

Hi Suria,

I own a light business and carry LED downlights as well. It is possible to repair LED downlights, at least those we carry are repairable. I can't speak for other light shops. It sounds like one of the led bulb has blown which cause the whole circuit to stop working. If you could send me a few photos of the downlight, I can help to see if it's possible to repair. Send it to my email, contact@houseofchandelier.com

It's a shame that your downlights stopped working in less than a year. You are not the first that we come across. We have several customers who bought their lights from other places at a cheap price, only to have it spoiled in less than 6 mths. One got lucky and managed to get it totally refunded. Another gave up after arguing countless times with the shop. Both end up spending more money than they tried to save. Had they invest a little bit more in a quality product with 2 years on-site warranty, none of this would happen.

LED are meant to last a long time. However, not all LEDs are made the same. The fixture affects the lifespan of the LED as well. Main cause of failure in LED is over heating. Yes, it sounds surprising given the common knowledge that LED gives out little heat. LEDs are very sensitive to excessive heat which compromises the LED lifespan, especially in enclosed fixtures like downlights. If heat is not properly dissipated, it breaks down very easily.

Hi,

Thank you for you reply.

I got my downlights repaired almost 1 1/2 year by Brilliant Source Lighting located at Joo Chiat. they helped us to change the driver (Cost $7.50/Each) and changed the LED 3w bulb ($5.00 Each) ,used back my old downlight casing, So far so good, my 18nos of LED still working well. :)

Suria

This is just a note to all to share my super bad experience I had with Hodaka Lighting shop located at Bendemeer. In my opinion this shop has no business ethics.

It started off with me requesting for spotlight with the case and rim all black. Yet when i checked the items, it was with silver rims. I rejected the goods. They told me there's not much difference from the one i wanted and that the whole of Singapore was out of stock for the one I wanted. Lucky enough, I found what I wanted at another store recommended by a friend.

2ndly, They over promised. On the same day of the spotlight, I bought few LED strip lights which adds up to almost 25m. The salesperson promised that I can get it in 4days time. Thus 4days later i went back to realised my items were not ready. They can even suggest to ask me make a trip back in the evening to collect. Guess what, I received a call in the evening from them that not all my strips are ready. Also asked I might want to collect those ready ones and they will send the last few to my place 2days later.

3rd, this is when I feel so cheated. Which is when the day all my LED strips arrived, I instructed my electrician to put them up without me being around. Came back to check on the lights, realised certain bulbs were spoilt, brought the strip down and I was shocked to see 2 different ribbon (one white & the other is yellow) being shouldered together. The white ones were the ones they showed me at the shop. Called the salesperson to asked if she knew about it and she replied cos not enough stock.

Confronted them and they can even argue to say that they forgot to call, scared I'm not around, and due to the lack of stock the gave me one that's more expensive. Now that my electrician has left I suggested that either I get my electrician to come back again and Hodaka pay extra cost, or they get their electrician to do it that day. They said I was being unreasonable and the earliest was a week later. (What kind of service is that?)

In the end, I insisted in the same day and if it did not happen, I'll get my electrician to bill them.

So to all of you out there, please beware of this shop!

Hi There,

you can try go to a lighting shop at Jalan Besar. I forgot it shop name but their shop is very nice got living and dinning design in it. Their LED Downlight very cheap and got 2 years on-site warranty. I think they got like 2 or 3 shop in Singapore.

I bought all my downlights & fans over there last year before chrismas. I think the price and the service is good.

Just got my downlights from Zenterra form the Expo toady. 50% discount and additional 10% if you order in the expo.

Really worth it.